996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:24 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 930man
i wish you woulda let me ride along with you... i have few days under my belt at that track and have helped quite a few folks along the way... yes and very advanced drivers
Matt I had hoped to but everyone was so busy it was hard to do.
and I almost killed Mike so thought I should practice a bit more!!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:31 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Matt,

Please consider me for a student next year.

I plan to do about 5 -7 more DEs by then....and your skill with a high HP car and guru knowledge of VIR is exactly what I need. Just in case you can instruct a low end guy (probably not in green by then....it is what it is, I am in no rush).

Jeff

Old 03-21-2008, 11:12 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
thats pretty impressive speeds!

getting out of the hole at oak tree and turn 17 increases the speed down the straights quite a bit...

getting the esses right and through south bend and getting the roller coaster right , DRops the lap times quite a bit.... but that just my opinion
That's for damn sure, having the AWD might help a bit too being earlier on throttle through oak tree, after taking Mike's advice and going into 2nd instead of 3rd through there I was getting much faster down there and out of the hole, but sometimes if too early on throttle spinning my 335's a little

Matt next time you'll have to give out tickets for you to ride with us/us to ride the Callahan rollercoaster

Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
i wish you woulda let me ride along with you... i have few days under my belt at that track and have helped quite a few folks along the way... yes and very advanced drivers
Actually I regret not having one of you guys hop in with me or Vice Versa at VIR and being stubborn trying to learn everything myself. All of the places you mention are the ones I'm not going as fast as I want to.

When I get them down it's going to be all , and some fast laps.

My top speed for the weekend was 160, Tom if you got 170 on the back straight you had to have been waiting until the VERY last second to brake.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:50 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Actually I regret not having one of you guys hop in with me or Vice Versa at VIR and being stubborn trying to learn everything myself. All of the places you mention are the ones I'm not going as fast as I want to.

My top speed for the weekend was 160, Tom if you got 170 on the back straight you had to have been waiting until the VERY last second to brake.

well you know what red mist is like maybe I was hallucinating!! I will pull up the traqmate stuff and let you know if I was going as fast as I thought!!

with traqmate the BS stops

Old 03-21-2008, 11:50 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy

did you get info on tires? You understand what I was saying?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Chin would give us alot more track time and freedom to do "ride alongs" than certainly a PCA event. and NASA is fun for the TT but still pretty limited track time. Even when I race with them minimal track time.

Heavy pick something!!

I was planning on NASA in June. May do Barber or CMP in two weeks though.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
did you get info on tires? You understand what I was saying?

Yes I did, thanks very much. They are hard to find though like you said. I've run very fast on the Yoko's and was leaning towards them as they seemed the most easily accesible, until I read that the sizes I was running in the rear are meant for the front and should not be run rear.

I'm going to call SASCO soon to inquire on the Dunlops as I dont like the mega big tires and you're dunlops looked pretty much the sizes I'd like to run.

I still dont like to have to resort to slicks though so I may actually try the A6 but either way I wont be trying any of them until my next time trial which is in June.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Gusagain is infamous around these parts
WOW!
I read of the last 15 pages or so. Track days with people you meet with online is always fun! I have met a bunch of people in Europe at Nurburgring, Hockenheim and Dijon France. Reading all of this almost makes me want to move back to the US of A -- almost.
Tom Kerr, post up the video with the traqmate info! What are the specs on your Traqmate setup? Also, does Traqmate have track info for tracks in Europe?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:58 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Can't wait to get my traqmate for my next track sessions (planned 10 so far)

Matt what tire sizes were you running? And what Dunlops were those?

Old 03-21-2008, 01:46 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
trackmate is gps based. Do it lays out track as you drive!
Used it foe several years

Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Gusagain is infamous around these parts
^^^ Oh yea -- GPS based, duh on me!

So the package with all of the bells and whistles is pretty awesome, huh? I really like watching video's when they are using the system!

I'll have to find a video of someone using on the Ring, then convince the Treasurer that I NEED one of those!

Old 03-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Gusagain
WOW!
I read of the last 15 pages or so. Track days with people you meet with online is always fun! I have met a bunch of people in Europe at Nurburgring, Hockenheim and Dijon France. Reading all of this almost makes me want to move back to the US of A -- almost.
Tom Kerr, post up the video with the traqmate info! What are the specs on your Traqmate setup? Also, does Traqmate have track info for tracks in Europe?
get it going by the weekend.
it maps the track for you then gives you lap time and countless data.

planning a trip over there in the near future!!

http://traqmate.com/

Old 03-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
get it going by the weekend.
it maps the track for you then gives you lap time and countless data.

planning a trip over there in the near future!!

http://traqmate.com/
I would KILL to do the ring and several other tracks in Europe... Oh how amazing it would be for several of us to take a Euro trip with our car's, Porsche headquarters and factory, RUF and just all over :/ What a dream....

Old 03-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I would KILL to do the ring and several other tracks in Europe... Oh how amazing it would be for several of us to take a Euro trip with our car's, Porsche headquarters and factory, RUF and just all over :/ What a dream....
that will be the plan by friend. think we would have to rent cars over there.

Maybe Sechsgang could start a European Roadtrip thread!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!