996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:56 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
No problem man, I like some constructive criticism. Thanks.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:59 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SEAN 996
Good driving Dez. Those were some nice traffic free laps!

I took some video of some fellow 6speeders at turn 3, can you tell I like turn 3 for shots/vids, there is also a section of DATAX driving. There is a lot of traffic in that video. Enjoy

Chris

><br>Click here to see Video

Really cool. Thanks.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:22 AM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
exotics rally april 13 {spring sprint}in long island who's going.martin i hope you signed up it starts in your backyard.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:01 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Ok here's another vid from the same session. It kind of overlaps with the other, but at about 9:00 Matt comes into the picture and I follow him right up until my car doesnt want to stop and I go lawmowing.

http://media.putfile.com/VIR-PCA-2

Old 03-22-2008, 09:10 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
You must have missed all the oversteer I was getting. My car drives nothing like a AWD car except when I get power understeer in only a few corners. My rear sway is as stiff as it gets and I have quite a bit of - camber in the back. It's really not much different, especially on those old tires.

I've taken the drive shaft out and driven RWD with no LSD @ Road Atlanta, the car didnt step out any more than it does now. I will likely do it again as I get sick of some of my Time Trial competitors whinning about an advantage and there is none, but they issue a heafty penalty for it. I'm sure I can go just as fast in either configuration, the difference would be very small. With my current setup I could probably eliminate understeer altogether with RWD.

The turn in and moreso weight benefit is hard to pass up.
Dez I told you to fully remove the components and to go rwd, when you tried it out you just pulled the driveshaft only right? Rwd conversion and guards LSD would be killer!!

What I meant by your awd and your video is, it almost feels like you are going slow and can just power in and out of corners without any fear and traction issues(thats how everyones runs look on video, people obviously cannot get an accurate feel through the video, at some points where it looks docile when in our car it was like whoaaaaaaa) haha, I just felt more confidence through your video then in reality, hard to explain! Awesome diving once again.

Stu I signed up for the rally, but if it starts getting crazy on the road I'm heading back!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Yeah, I kinda thought that too after watching the vid. I guess I kinda got caught up being too cautious there and once I found a comfy angle that I could handle I stuck with it, but I definitely would have turnned in later on my next trip.

from everything I have heard going to RWD with a good LSD with the proper lock up which actually helps in deceleration and trail braking as well should improve your times?
I plan on doing the full conversion this summer.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 AM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
did anyone sign up for zone 2 potomac at wgi june 27-29? i'm going but have cant seem to be able to find the listing on their web site.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
did anyone sign up for zone 2 potomac at wgi june 27-29? i'm going but have cant seem to be able to find the listing on their web site.
We are working on that one!!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Dez I told you to fully remove the components and to go rwd, when you tried it out you just pulled the driveshaft only right? Rwd conversion and guards LSD would be killer!!

What I meant by your awd and your video is, it almost feels like you are going slow and can just power in and out of corners without any fear and traction issues(thats how everyones runs look on video, people obviously cannot get an accurate feel through the video, at some points where it looks docile when in our car it was like whoaaaaaaa) haha, I just felt more confidence through your video then in reality, hard to explain! Awesome diving once again.

Stu I signed up for the rally, but if it starts getting crazy on the road I'm heading back!
Yes, the video didnt nearly convey the on edge feeling I had with the tires. I was trying to stay just inside the traction limits of the old tires but occansionally would slip out of it.

Some of it was because I was essentially making the track thinner and not using all of it. But I did that because I dont know the track well enough yet to be riding on the edge and trying to focus down track and not looking down at the edges.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
from everything I have heard going to RWD with a good LSD with the proper lock up which actually helps in deceleration and trail braking as well should improve your times?
I plan on doing the full conversion this summer.
I could probably use some engine braking with the LSD, I get none of that now.

I'm going to keep the AWD and put on some weight so I can set some TTS records in Time Trials, then go for TTU after that.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:09 AM
We are working on that one!!
thanks tom,so many new faces and people at vir, i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to meet you ,but for sure the next time out. ,i sent an email to the registrar but i haven't heard back.i've been told that this was to open in january past.

Last edited by stuart997gt3; 03-22-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:44 AM
ok here is some vid from the sunday morning first black out.
It is me and two other Vortex cars a 997S and a 997GT3 both friends of mine.
we were all "filming" each other so some goofy lines but you get the picture.
I am working on linking the traqmate up still!!
also I have vid of a similar filming session with Dez and Drew trying to get the traqmate data on it...........

nothing really exciting except the 997 stepped out in front of me at turn 4 and I almost hit him!

session ended for me when the "computer" put the car in limp mode and I got towed in, which was nice! The code was something about air idle mechanism and mechanic said it was the LWFW and clutch being pushed in while rev matching???? code cleared and car ran well rest of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RCtvfv3t-s

Last edited by tom kerr; 03-22-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
that will be the plan by friend. think we would have to rent cars over there.

Maybe Sechsgang could start a European Roadtrip thread!!!!
Just read the last few pages of this thread, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anyone interested in going to the 'Ring, some friends and myself will be shipping our cars again around July 17th to spend 10-12 days between Hockenheim and Nurburgring driving. We will also meet at the 'Ring with a few forum (RL) guys from UK, france, Norway and Sweden most likely. This also happens at the same time as the Supercup races in both Hockenheim and Nurburgring and for anyone (within reason) meeting us I could arrange for them to spend some time at the pits of a couple of the favourite Porsche teams during practice and meet with Bergmeister for a few beers...err Pepsi and talk cars

It is not that difficult, and certainly a memorable few days and drive. Join in!

Old 03-22-2008, 01:12 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Jean that sounds fantastic, I am clueless though as to whats involved with shipping and the whole ordeal, could you pm me with all info, places to stay, definite dates and just everything to plan this out?

Would be an absolute blast!

Martin

Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Jean that sounds fantastic, I am clueless though as to whats involved with shipping and the whole ordeal, could you pm me with all info, places to stay, definite dates and just everything to plan this out?

Would be an absolute blast!

Martin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!