996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Martin, I can share with you all the info. I would not ship the car form the US if I were you, you can rent a Porsche (or other) there, you just need to be careful with insurance while at the Nurburgring, as it is not covered, otherwise it is a very simple trip and does not need much organization, they have some amazing roads....and no speed limits on the autobahn.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Hmm...I must follow what you guys are up to with the Ring plan! I know the place quite well and would like to come at the same time.

Won't be there when Jean & co will be though...at the same time some fast Scandinavian Porsche drivers will be at Gotland Ring to drive fast the new course on days and party with all the Swedish hotties at nights (the Gotland is a summer resort full of hot girls...)

(So how does that saying goes..."this is how we roll" in Europe )

Old 03-22-2008, 03:24 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
In for the Germany!

Old 03-22-2008, 03:32 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Martin, I can share with you all the info. I would not ship the car form the US if I were you, you can rent a Porsche (or other) there, you just need to be careful with insurance while at the Nurburgring, as it is not covered, otherwise it is a very simple trip and does not need much organization, they have some amazing roads....and no speed limits on the autobahn.
Awesome just drop me a PM whenever you can. Sucks though that you don't recommend bringing my car (wold probably be a HASSLE and cost a small fortune :/) but would be so worth it... I wanted to let Mr. Rohl have a rip at it to see what he could do in my car

Old 03-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Gusagain is infamous around these parts
4-6 weeks each way on boat, about $1200-$2000 each way. You can fly over, rent a race car and come out cheaper! Sure it is not your car, but way to much money and time spent to do that!

Old 03-22-2008, 06:50 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
anybody going--upcoming events i'm signed up for; {vir march 14-16 2008 what a blast to start the season}=======NEXT---------------------

1-april 5-6 pocono north nnjr

2-may 5-6 summit point nnjr

3-may 12-13 watkins glen chin

next few but not signed up yet;==========================

4-june 6-8 mid ohio nnjr

5-june 27-29 watkins glen zone 2 potomac

6- july 25-27 mosport nnjr

7-august 15-17 wgi nnjr

8-sept 5-7 nj motorsports park thunderbolt track nnjr

9-sept 22-23 wgi nnjr

10-oct 13-14 nj motorsport thunderbolt chin

11-oct 25-26 wgi chin

12-nov 7-9 vir nnjr

13-dec 6-7 vir chin

guys post up track events planned and we will hook up its going to be a great year .

but can it get any better than vir zone 2 in march..and the weather 70's

Last edited by stuart997gt3; 03-22-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:18 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Stu as I told you, i'm doing the May 5-6th and 12th -13th with you.. I wanted to do Thunderbolt in July when it opens, and the rest will have to talk to you about, will get a good majority in there. I also want to do the Synergy Fall VIR event! Just so many to choose from LOL, I also want to do the Mosport Canada I believe?

Old 03-22-2008, 07:25 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Just read the last few pages of this thread, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anyone interested in going to the 'Ring, some friends and myself will be shipping our cars again around July 17th to spend 10-12 days between Hockenheim and Nurburgring driving. We will also meet at the 'Ring with a few forum (RL) guys from UK, france, Norway and Sweden most likely. This also happens at the same time as the Supercup races in both Hockenheim and Nurburgring and for anyone (within reason) meeting us I could arrange for them to spend some time at the pits of a couple of the favourite Porsche teams during practice and meet with Bergmeister for a few beers...err Pepsi and talk cars

It is not that difficult, and certainly a memorable few days and drive. Join in!
I would like to do it as well but would need a year of planning.
not sure about sending my car

Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
anybody going--upcoming events i'm signed up for; {vir march 14-16 2008 what a blast to start the season}=======NEXT---------------------

1-april 5-6 pocono north nnjr

2-may 5-6 summit point nnjr

3-may 12-13 watkins glen chin

next few but not signed up yet;==========================

4-june 6-8 mid ohio nnjr

5-june 27-29 watkins glen zone 2 potomac

6- july 25-27 mosport nnjr

7-august 15-17 wgi nnjr

8-sept 5-7 nj motorsports park thunderbolt track nnjr

9-sept 22-23 wgi nnjr

10-oct 13-14 nj motorsport thunderbolt chin

11-oct 25-26 wgi chin

12-nov 7-9 vir nnjr

13-dec 6-7 vir chin

guys post up track events planned and we will hook up its going to be a great year .

but can it get any better than vir zone 2 in march..and the weather 70's

Ah Stu I'm liken you more with every post!!

Old 03-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Agreed will def. need a while to plan, and as far as sending the car's over, it would be a dream come true to run them on that turf, but .... Just too much with the shipping and hassle, not to mention damage that can occur!

Last edited by iLLM3; 03-22-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:27 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Go to Road Atlanta!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Go to Road Atlanta!!!
that's a no brainer!!

Old 03-22-2008, 08:22 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr

I mentioned briefly a little while ago that a local Corvette Shop as planning a trip of the sort over to Germany. I was invited even with my TT because I'm a long time customer. Well they cancelled the trip because the guys interested didnt pay up when they were supposed to. They never gave me a final cost but I can ask them.

The original estimate was 10k, that included shipping your car to and fro, room and board for a week, track rental of the ring, driving to some F1 GP tracks and doing parade laps at one and hot laps at another, and the infamous autobahn. It also included a support trailer for any unknown circumstances.

If they were really going to get all that for 10k it's more than worth it IMO to go with your own car. Hell if you wreck it's not covered either way. I'd rather wreck my car bring it home and deal with it than wreck someone elses in another country and have to deal with that unless you want to write a check for a Porsche while your there.

And yes it'll take at least a year of planning to get it together. And then you have to hope for some decent weather.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:51 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
i will hit Road atlanta Watkins Glenn, Mid ohio CMP maybe robeling raod this year...

and yes of course Vir

Old 03-22-2008, 09:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'm up for CMP, let me know if you go there as well.

And of course RA. My home is open to any of our group that comes to RA. Only one exit and 8 minutes to track. You dont even have to use the highway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!