996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Twin Turbo does the Daytona 500!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Dietz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Dietz,

Sound perfect but for crying out loud, have UMW flash it for you!

MK
I'm abusing the turbos as much as I can to help them
fail ASAP

Promised I wouldn't mod the horsepower before the
Daytona event so to keep it safer.. But after this event
I wonder why I need more power? Car was awesome.
Slippery slope and all that

Deetz.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
That looks like an absolute blast. How did the banked turns feel...any different? Glad you had a great time!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:57 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Freier
That looks like an absolute blast. How did the banked turns feel...any different? Glad you had a great time!
Banks were amazing!! Massive g force and WOT!!! Once in a lifetime experience!! If it ever happens again hope more on this board make it.
there were people there from all over the country!!
Banks take more ***** than skill, flat turns the opposite!!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Dietz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Freier
Unlike anything else - no other track has this feeling.
You have to let the car "float" over the bumps and the
"push" off the banking - just really hard to describe -
you just have to "be there". I really doesn't take talent
or skill like hitting an apex, it does take some "finesse"
to coax the car where you want it to go...

Would really recommend everyone sign up next year, it
was just awesome!

Deetz.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Deetz, that is some nice assed driving, your turbo sticks like glue! Gotta love that x73 at the track!
That does it, I'm hittin' daytona next yr!
Every once and awhile, they have the layout at pocono using two corners of the tri-oval, I did it in the c4s w/aerokit and x73, man did it stick, almost sucked down to the pavement when you're in the base of the bowl, awsome!

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 12-13-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Tom,

Let us know (far in advance), the next time they offer this. After seeing my
buddy, Steve's videos from Rennsport at 180 or so (and you at 170), it looks
like must do at some point!

MK

Old 12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Tom,

Let us know (far in advance), the next time they offer this. After seeing my
buddy, Steve's videos from Rennsport at 180 or so (and you at 170), it looks
like must do at some point!

MK
Will do, it would be a must. The amazing thing about this event is IT DIDNT EVEN SELL OUT!!!!! I know people that signed up several days before the event!!
I doubt that will ever happen again!!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:05 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Tom, got your video yet? Dying to see it!

Old 12-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Tom, got your video yet? Dying to see it!

trying to get it edited!!

Old 12-15-2007, 09:41 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
looks like fun! hope to see some track time at sebring some day. looks much smoother than I thought it would be. (watched the entire vid, for some reason I initially thought the vid was from sebring. no wonder the track looked smoother.)

Last edited by oak; 12-15-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:32 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
That looks like an amazing experience, I'm going to try and do it next year.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:06 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Tom,

This is not intended to be an "ad" for any vendor,...but how was the intake?

JB

Old 12-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Tom,

This is not intended to be an "ad" for any vendor,...but how was the intake?

JB
The intake was better than I thought. first of all the car ran for 500 very hard track miles and no problem so that in itself says something. engine bay sounds better, car ran great, that's about all I can say!! other than really dressed up the engine bay!! bottom line performs as advertised.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:18 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Tom, you put it about a bit, do you not?

BTW, where's the Vid?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Tom... more info on these two...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo does the Daytona 500!!