996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Twin Turbo does the Daytona 500!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:00 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Tom... more info on these two...

well lets just say they like "The Red Bull!!!"" and knew where to come to get it!!!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tom kerr
well lets just say they like "The Red Bull!!!"" and knew where to come to get it!!!

As much as I wanted to come back with a smart-*** witty remark, I actually couldn't stop laughing.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turbochris
Holy crap....500 miles in 3 days? You ARE hardcore....that's a LOT tougher than most people even have a clue about....
Seriously man, crazy!! I'm sick of telling myself i'm going to do a tremendous amount of track days, and then wind up doing 1 or 2 for the summer, sometimes up to 4, blah that's WEAK in comparison !

I think i'll buy a much less expensive car for the comfort level, enjoying a built turbo on the track as much as you do must be a BLAST! Thanks for sharing Tom

Old 12-16-2007, 08:39 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Seriously man, crazy!! I'm sick of telling myself i'm going to do a tremendous amount of track days, and then wind up doing 1 or 2 for the summer, sometimes up to 4, blah that's WEAK in comparison !

I think i'll buy a much less expensive car for the comfort level, enjoying a built turbo on the track as much as you do must be a BLAST! Thanks for sharing Tom
I keep telling you man...haha...

Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
there is not a month that passes that my turbo isnt on the track at least 2days but ususally more!!! That's what I got it for and dont regret it. All the talk about other cars is fine. there are better cars than mine, but not one that I want and love. this car to me does it all!!! I must admit I race two 944's very frequently as well as instruct so I get alot of track time!!! And I want more!!!!!
January we have a four day event at Sebring PBOC Winterfest (6 hour night enduro and sprint racing and DE's) then Four day event in Feb the 48hour of Sebring (sprint races, 90 minute enduros, and DE)

Hey guess what no snow down here!!!!

Last edited by tom kerr; 12-17-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:34 AM
Dirty Mac is infamous around these parts

Old 12-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Tom, We are truly kindered spirits... I've owned a lot of fast cars, most i've had to make fast... None have inspired me as much as my 996TT. It's simply the funnest car I've owned. I did 13 roadcourse events in 2007 and if all goes well I'll double that this coming year.

Mike

there is not a month that passes that my turbo isnt on the track at least 2days but ususally more!!! That's what I got it for and dont regret it. All the talk about other cars is fine. there are better cars than mine, but not one that I want and love. this car to me does it all!!! I must admit I race two 944's very frequently as well as well as instruct so I get alot of track time!!! And I want more!!!!!
January we have a four day event at Sebring PBOC Winterfest (6 hour night enduro and sprint racing and DE's) then Four day event in Feb the 48hour of Sebring (sprint races, 90 minute enduros, and DE)

Old 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Hey guess what no snow down here!!!![/quote]

Tom, I wish the events were geographically closer to me (Atlanta). We don't have much snow in my area but no winter events to speak of. I've signed up for 1 January event at Road Atlanta and 1 February event at Roebling Road. That's all I can find excepting a CMP event in February (greater chance of snow).

Have you heard of anything else brewing in my area (area being defined by a 5Hr. pull at the max.)

Old 12-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Tom, I wish the events were geographically closer to me (Atlanta). We don't have much snow in my area but no winter events to speak of. I've signed up for 1 January event at Road Atlanta and 1 February event at Roebling Road. That's all I can find excepting a CMP event in February (greater chance of snow).

Have you heard of anything else brewing in my area (area being defined by a 5Hr. pull at the max.)[/quote]

Al the drive to the Florida tracks is not bad. Get to my house a day early, recover then off to the tracks. If you or other track drivers on this board are really hurtn come down and co-drive my car. Roebling was all I saw, may do that also.

Mike, I feel ya!!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:44 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
if you ever get that thing in for some CR, you got a co-driver right here!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:11 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Tom,

Thanks for the generous offer. I sent you a PM early this AM. Let me know what you think.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Tom,

Thanks for the generous offer. I sent you a PM early this AM. Let me know what you think.
Al I am racing Jan and Feb so may not make it. But Christian is head of that region and a great guy, if you go you will not be sorry.
and Sechsgang I am CR but in a lowly 944 cause I would kill myself in a car like yours!!

come on down to our clubs race!!!!!......................................... ....

Racing Pictures 2008 15th Anniversary 2008 AS Advanced Solo 2008 AS Event Ops 2008 AS Night T&T 2008 AS On Track Rules 2008 AS Tech-Med Form 2008 AS Track Map 2008 Contacts 2008 Race Day T&T 2008 Race Info 2008 Race Night Practice 2008 Register Here

Last edited by tom kerr; 12-18-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Sorry we won't meet this time, but hopefully another. I am signed up for the Roebling event and waiting for the registrar to let me know the motel/hotel where most of the Fl Citrus people stay. I will try to meet Christian if he is in attendance.

You would not kill yourself in a car like mine but rather, in the inimitable words of a good friend of mine, "grow feathers on your right foot". That has worked really well for me thus far. I believe that "feathers" can manage all the power you bring to the track. Just need to learn when to and how much to roll on at any point on the track. I'm still learning.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Tom thank you for the support, i enjoyed the pics!

Old 12-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
Tom thank you for the support, i enjoyed the pics!
No Dan, thank you for the support, I appreciate all you do for us!!