996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Mustang Dyno vs. DynoJet Dyno on a Stage 2 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Mustang Dyno vs. DynoJet Dyno on a Stage 2 TT

I have a Stage 2 TT that has GIAC flush, EVO intake, Caragraphic exhaust, and RWD conversion. I got a dyno last Saturday done on a Mustang dyno over in Torrance. The car ran peak HP @ 397rwhp and peak TQ @ 425rwtq in 4th gear, but I was not able to get an AFR graph (temp in the low 60s).

Today I got a dyno on a DynoJet dyno over in Irvine. The car ran peak HP @ 462rwhp but with no torque as they didn't have the time to took into the coilpacks (dyno was HP vs. Speed) in 4th gear with temps in the mid 60s and the car ran RICH around 10:1 in the middle of the runs and then leaned out to around 12:1 at the end of the runs.

So it looks like the difference between the Mustang dyno vs. DynoJet dyno is approx. 15%. I'll post up both dyno sheets on Monday.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
Wow....much happier dyno. I can't remember, are you still running K16's ?

Old 12-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Zuma 911
Wow....much happier dyno. I can't remember, are you still running K16's ?
Yeah, I have the K16s with a GIAC flash...now that I have two baseline dynos it's time to make a decision on which software to go with for my hybrids...

Old 12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Did you ever dyno the car in AWD? Is this the first time you have used these two dynos? Not these types of dynos, but these dynos specifically.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:08 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
The difference between a load bearing dyno and an inertia based dyno are obvious.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by WyattTT
Did you ever dyno the car in AWD? Is this the first time you have used these two dynos? Not these types of dynos, but these dynos specifically.
I never did dyno the car when it was AWD. And yes, it was the first time that I ever dynoed the car on either of the two dynos.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by KPG
The difference between a load bearing dyno and an inertia based dyno are obvious.
Oh, I knew there was going to be a difference in the HP reading, but more like 10% not 15%.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:09 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
some like it hot.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:23 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
65rwhp difference between the two - thats nuts!

Man I got to go and dyno my car on a mustang

Jag

Old 12-16-2007, 11:13 AM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
I have a Stage 2 TT that has GIAC flush, EVO intake, Caragraphic exhaust, and RWD conversion. I got a dyno last Saturday done on a Mustang dyno over in Torrance. The car ran peak HP @ 397rwhp and peak TQ @ 425rwtq in 4th gear, but I was not able to get an AFR graph (temp in the low 60s).

Today I got a dyno on a DynoJet dyno over in Irvine. The car ran peak HP @ 462rwhp but with no torque as they didn't have the time to took into the coilpacks (dyno was HP vs. Speed) in 4th gear with temps in the mid 60s and the car ran RICH around 10:1 in the middle of the runs and then leaned out to around 12:1 at the end of the runs.

So it looks like the difference between the Mustang dyno vs. DynoJet dyno is approx. 15%. I'll post up both dyno sheets on Monday.
Were the weather conditions similar?

I own a Mustang myself and we often see a few % variation against other dynos exactly like ours.

Bottom line, dyno's are used to measure gains or losses, not absolute power. Get your baseline at the dyno shop you feel most comfortable dealing with....mod away and measure your % gains.

If I remember correctly the weight and hp@50 used at your guys dyno day was incorrect. This in is self could lead to difference between the 2 dynos.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Brother...that's dynos, period. I've seen a 40 whp difference between MUSTANG dynos that were only 40 miles apart.

Not to mention the huge variences I've personally witnessed between DynoJets, Dyno-Dynamics, Dyna-Packs, etc..

This is exactly why I trust 1/4 mile Trap Speed more than anything else to tell how much power I'm really putting to the ground.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-16-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
Were the weather conditions similar?

I own a Mustang myself and we often see a few % variation against other dynos exactly like ours.

Bottom line, dyno's are used to measure gains or losses, not absolute power. Get your baseline at the dyno shop you feel most comfortable dealing with....mod away and measure your % gains.

If I remember correctly the weight and hp@50 used at your guys dyno day was incorrect. This in is self could lead to difference between the 2 dynos.
The temps were within 5 degrees and both were at about the same elevations.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Brother...that's dynos, period. I've seen a 40 whp difference between MUSTANG dynos that were only 40 miles apart.

Not to mention the huge variences I've personally witnessed between DynoJets, Dyno-Dynamics, Dyna-Packs, etc..

This is exactly why I trust 1/4 mile Trap Speed more than anything else to tell how much power I'm really putting to the ground.
True, but I was curious to see what the difference between a Mustang dyno and a DynoJet dyno would be with my Stage 2 before I put the hybrids in. I thought it was going to a about a 10% difference and not 15%. I'll dyno the car again on both dynos after the hybrids are in.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
what's the use of using a dyno when you can't even get a accurate and consistent baseline?

Old 12-16-2007, 07:18 PM
davenew is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by oak
what's the use of using a dyno when you can't even get a accurate and consistent baseline?
Go back to the same dyno in similar weather conditions..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mustang Dyno vs. DynoJet Dyno on a Stage 2 TT