996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Serious Gas Fillup problem with my TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
When your car was only filling up 3/4 full, was your fuel Gage showing full or accurately 3/4 full?

Originally Posted by ari
Normally when you put the filler nozzle in gravity is pulling it straight down (6 o'clock position on the hour pointer of a watch a watch). If you lift the handle up while inside the fuel filler, or rotate the the nozzle 90 degrees, you are now holding the nozzle sideways or facing teh 9 o'clock position. The point is that there is an electronic "flap" inside the gas receptacle that is supposed to activate when you insert the gas pump nozzle in. You want to engage that so that the flap opens inside the gas tank and allows you to fill it up all the way. Otherwise you get 3/4 tank most of the time.

You can hear the flap clicking open when the nozzle is being pulled up (literally pull up on the gas nozzle while inserted in the gas tank) instead of letting it rest down by gravity. or try the 9 o'clock position.

It took me 5 years top figure out how to permanently solve the car won't take more than 3/4 tank issue. But now, the car fills up all the way every time.

I think the OP has a different issue. Probably a clogged or crimped vent line...

Old 01-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Fuel Gauge shows 3/4 tank. These cars have crappy gas gauges. From what I have read, the tank looks like an upside down "U" to go over the front axles.

Originally Posted by pwdrhound
When your car was only filling up 3/4 full, was your fuel Gage showing full or accurately 3/4 full?