996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What ECU Program are You Running?
GIAC
22.99%
UMW (KEVIN)
22.22%
Protomotive
13.41%
Softronic (Vivid)
8.05%
FVD
13.03%
REVO
1.53%
Upsolute
6.13%
Other non-stock
12.64%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

What ECU Program are You Running?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:37 AM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Protomotive here.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 AM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Still stock here, but looking. Could you also put together a initial cost with Re-Flash after more mods and a Pros and Cons Comment matrix?

Initial Cost
Re-Program/Flash Cost after more Mods are installed
OBD Program Change by Owner (Ability to change from one program (Valet, Stock, 91 Octane, 93 Octane, 100 Octane)
Comments: ???

Old 12-19-2007, 07:25 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
UMW flash is great and Kevin's customer service is outstanding, plus if you want to upgrade, kevin has all the necessary goods.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Orton Performance here on an 02 Turbo.
3 years and still pulling like a freight train !

Bill

Old 12-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
For the price nothing beats Upsolute, performance wise Proto is the way to go,imho, cheers, Sonny.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
rolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to beholdrolfjahn is a splendid one to behold
I am also very interested in this poll, having picked up my 02 Turbo in Texas, driving it home to Miami and installing a Fabspeed Gen3, diverters and a K&N Filter-all from Imagine Auto. Everyone on this board have given me great input.

I've been down the Xtreme 3.3/3.6 single turbo route before and I would like to run 500-525hp with k16s for now and save to go to clubsport intercoolers and upgraded turbos to level off at around 600-625hp.

Which Flash or Software??

Old 12-19-2007, 01:50 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Orton Performance here on an 02 Turbo.
3 years and still pulling like a freight train !

Bill
18 months on an Orton flash. After I installed an exhaust and EVO waste gates, she pulls 1.1 - 1.2 bar and ran a 11.06 @ 129.77 at the track. Never a cell, never a glitch. Dyno stock and after the flash/exhaust/waste gates showed a 65 hp and 70 ft-lbs torque improvement at the wheels.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:35 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by landjet
UMW flash is great and Kevin's customer service is outstanding, plus if you want to upgrade, kevin has all the necessary goods.
Ditto.

See the "modified OEM exhaust thread" for some independent UMW data/dyno data from Woosh. Woosh did the dyno work in Houston for the Supra meet (per Woosh). He is experienced and ran a scientific test in the thread. Page 4 to 6 or so by my memory.

Best of luck. I have UMW and am happy. Gadget is cool. I know the design is solid and the stability is awesome. Revs perfectly..even with a LWFW.

And, Kevin is super. If you upgrade, he credits you toward things....he probably has over 5 turbo variations with software support....call him. I like having long term upgradeability. He has been super on the phone. Installation....5 minutes tops. In my house in my garage. No travel. FedEx packages for 2 days. That's it.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 12-19-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The best one, Revo. I have the Revo Select Plus software that allowes me to alter the boost and timing on the fly.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I went back to stock. Can't beat it.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster
Have to love that.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:16 PM
slant911 is infamous around these parts
My man Kevin at UMW is tops. He is always willing to talk and help out and has a path to more power if wanted/needed.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Why has Garrett Lim (GIAC) never posted on this site, despite the number of members that are his customers. Has anyone here ever spoken to him? There is NO phone number on the GIAC website. Is he at all accessable or is he completely untouchable - perhaps to good to deal directly with his customers. The though of this is agrivating.

I've been getting CEL lights on my car since 2003 - starting with the GT640 kit and now the GT700 kit. It seems strange that I've never had the opportunity to speak with the man directly regarding these issues. I'm not sure what value there is in speaking with a reseller of his 'programming'. There seems to be significant value in dealing with a tuner who is capable of making adjustments to the ECU program on your car vs some mystery guy who has no interest in ever speaking with you. I would definately reccomend dealing with someone who is personally responsible for writing your ECU code when picking a partner to begin your modding journey with.

Good Luck!

Old 12-19-2007, 09:49 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster

??
<
__

JB

Old 12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I went with Upsolute and haven't had any problems. The price is hard to bead. Dyno'd 400 hp 430 tq on a mustang dyno.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What ECU Program are You Running?