996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What ECU Program are You Running?
GIAC
22.99%
UMW (KEVIN)
22.22%
Protomotive
13.41%
Softronic (Vivid)
8.05%
FVD
13.03%
REVO
1.53%
Upsolute
6.13%
Other non-stock
12.64%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

What ECU Program are You Running?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
COAST MOTORING is infamous around these parts
What about POWER CHIP GROUP???? They make an awsome product that is extremly reliable.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't made up my mind yet...but Zippy makes some very relevant and logical points regarding ongoing support and access to your tuner rather than having to go through an intermediary.

I've heard great things about Kevin and his product design as well as his ongoing support and availability. This discussion thread has been great insofar as providing info for folks looking for feedback on the various product lines.

Alex....your comment about going back to stock was priceless. It lacked credibility, but it was a great comment.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:28 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I had a Cargraphics, Ecu, FVD, GIAC, and finally Protomotive. All did a decent job. I still prefer any tuner that, as Zippy said, can modify and change parameters if need be. Unfortunately there are only a few.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-20-2007, 08:35 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I had a Cargraphics, Ecu, FVD, GIAC, and finally Protomotive. All did a decent job. I still prefer any tuner that, as Zippy said, can modify and change parameters if need be. Unfortunately there are only a few.
markski
REVO

Old 12-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Upsolute here. I've had the tune with the k16 and then decided to go with the k16/24, headers, exhaust and evo intake. Only issue is cold weather boost spikes with throttle shut down.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
I haven't made up my mind yet...but Zippy makes some very relevant and logical points regarding ongoing support and access to your tuner rather than having to go through an intermediary.

I've heard great things about Kevin and his product design as well as his ongoing support and availability. This discussion thread has been great insofar as providing info for folks looking for feedback on the various product lines.

Alex....your comment about going back to stock was priceless. It lacked credibility, but it was a great comment.
Heh Well figured some humor was needed. These things get too heated!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
scotty slc is infamous around these parts
Protomotive.... Sold The GIAC and never looked back

Old 12-20-2007, 07:02 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zippy
Why has Garrett Lim (GIAC) never posted on this site, despite the number of members that are his customers. Has anyone here ever spoken to him? There is NO phone number on the GIAC website. Is he at all accessable or is he completely untouchable - perhaps to good to deal directly with his customers. The though of this is agrivating.

I've been getting CEL lights on my car since 2003 - starting with the GT640 kit and now the GT700 kit. It seems strange that I've never had the opportunity to speak with the man directly regarding these issues. I'm not sure what value there is in speaking with a reseller of his 'programming'. There seems to be significant value in dealing with a tuner who is capable of making adjustments to the ECU program on your car vs some mystery guy who has no interest in ever speaking with you. I would definately reccomend dealing with someone who is personally responsible for writing your ECU code when picking a partner to begin your modding journey with.

Good Luck!

My thoughts exactly

Old 12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
superchicken is infamous around these parts
ECU in my GT2 was flashed by NGT Motorsports in FL, per their records with former owner. Dynoed by former owner at about 475 rwhp. Very pleasant street driving plus lot's power on demand.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Dragon911TT is infamous around these parts
UMW and very happy

Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Do Giac, UMW, Protomotive, Upsolute, Softronic, Orton, FVD, and Revo all write their own custom software? I always kind of assumed that they were all pretty similar with their base performance program, and just tweaked it a little bit to their preferences.

With so many people offering ECU upgrades now, how different can the software be? Apparently the secret to programming these cars is out and everyone knows it at this point. What is it that sets one apart from the other? I have Giac in my SC'd 3.6 It's been pretty good so far. My AF ratio is way conservative in the 10's at WOT, it rarely throws cels, and it idles like stock.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Happy Protomotive customer,

Plus the snake killing and luxurious cabin accommodations are hard to beat..

MK

Old 12-21-2007, 11:50 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
The best way to compare is do some friendly side by side comparisons. 0-80 MPH runs.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:31 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
The best way to compare is do some friendly side by side comparisons. 0-80 MPH runs.
Robert, 0-80 is probably not the best way to compare anything. The current 60-130 seems to be the best compromise. The main issue with 0 -80 is the fact you start at 0. How fast the car leaves a standing start is arguably more driver related that ECU related and will skew the times. A 60-130 run removes any issues with traction off the line and is a better comparison of overall power....

Old 12-21-2007, 01:35 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scotty slc
Protomotive.... Sold The GIAC and never looked back
How did you sell the GIAC?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What ECU Program are You Running?