996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What ECU Program are You Running?
GIAC
22.99%
UMW (KEVIN)
22.22%
Protomotive
13.41%
Softronic (Vivid)
8.05%
FVD
13.03%
REVO
1.53%
Upsolute
6.13%
Other non-stock
12.64%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

What ECU Program are You Running?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:21 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I have fvd and my turbo s only dyno was 390 hp and tq they say it's because I have to upgrade the wastegates and then the car will make more power right now I only get .9 bar

Old 07-16-2008, 04:37 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Greg,

I hit throttle body shutdown (which is 1.3 bar) with that chip with the upgraded wastegates and I had to back off the wastegates approx. 1 turn on the threaded rod to prevent the TB shutdown. Once the wastegates were dialed in, I would see 1.2 -1.3 on the readout all day long, but no more TB shutdown...I think it was probably running very close to 1.3 bar. I am confident you will see a great improvement in boost, once your work is completed.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:44 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
I have fvd and my turbo s only dyno was 390 hp and tq they say it's because I have to upgrade the wastegates and then the car will make more power right now I only get .9 bar
Greg
I'm sort of in the same boat, but I have stock K16's and stock wastegates and with Tony's flash, I see 1bar, but I am out of turbo by 5000rpm or so...

Your turbo S has K24's already?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:48 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !

Oh yeah, I have a SPARE ECU that had an FVD stage 3 tune in it that came with the FVD K24 turbos and mufflers I bought that was on a GT2. I elected to bag the FVD tune and go with Tony's custom tune. I still have my completely stock ECU "in case of emergency". My car runs awesome, but on the highway, it runs out way before I want to. Stupid K16's!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
I know what you're saying John, I'm just anxious. And yes my car has k24's but again only getting .9 bar consistently.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
You're anxious!!! I already have the turbos, I just can't afford to do a clutch, injectors, and 5bar FPR right now...It's killin me!!!
Mike

Old 07-16-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah that sucks, you should be workin right now stop killin time here. You need a night time job.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:13 PM
why do you think I'm on the computer???still workin!!! Daytime job enough... Those are my turbos in the box on the floor at EPL...

Old 07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
FVD for me

Old 07-20-2008, 10:32 PM
gwapo996tt is infamous around these parts
umw

I just installed a FS Gen 1 exhaust, Forge DVs (Green spring with two shims), and flashed my originally stock car (max seen 0.6 to 0.7 bar) with UMWs flash loader (now 1.0 bar).

Let me say that with all the hype this weekend b/c of the Dark Knight, I didn't even have to stand in line because I got to experience it first hand. After the flash, I think I was truly in the Bat Mobile. Holy Toledo this thing has torque!!

Anyway, here is a clip (phone cam) of the new exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0EhxL4otc

Old 07-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
I'm the original poster. Lots of good basic tunes out there, but even the cheap-*** I am couldn't pass up the FVD tune for $1196.........just awesome, and the upgrade fee is reasonable too

Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I've switched from GIAC/EVOMS to EVOMSit.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:06 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I know what you're saying John, I'm just anxious. And yes my car has k24's but again only getting .9 bar consistently.
How is she running now?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zippy
I've switched from GIAC/EVOMS to EVOMSit.
mike, what are the difference between the two?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:32 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Orton Performance , dont know which he uses or if it is in house...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What ECU Program are You Running?