996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What ECU Program are You Running?
GIAC
22.99%
UMW (KEVIN)
22.22%
Protomotive
13.41%
Softronic (Vivid)
8.05%
FVD
13.03%
REVO
1.53%
Upsolute
6.13%
Other non-stock
12.64%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

What ECU Program are You Running?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:29 AM
halluz is infamous around these parts
Dynos?

Did anyone dyno their cars before and after to see how close the actual horsepower and torque were to the advertised gains? Or can anyone post an after dyno to give those of us that haven't purchased yet an idea? Or maybe some 60-130 times? I'm pretty sure I'm about to go with Kevin's tune at UMW - but it would be nice to see some 3rd party numbers.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oak
mike, what are the difference between the two?
Wayne, the RA1's are quiet. The R888's are kinda loud. I believe you're supposed to run a ton of -camber (>-2) with the RA1's. I've heard this is not as important for the R888's. Perhaps some track junkie can elaborate more on this. I ran both versions @ -1.4 front and rear and was very happy with the performance both. The noise of the R888's seems to dissipate somewhat as the tires get 'broken in'. Both stick like crazy.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Most of the tuners do dyno before and after. All of the flash programs are great and do a good job at adding HP and TQ. I like Revo and Proto.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by halluz
Did anyone dyno their cars before and after to see how close the actual horsepower and torque were to the advertised gains? Or can anyone post an after dyno to give those of us that haven't purchased yet an idea? Or maybe some 60-130 times? I'm pretty sure I'm about to go with Kevin's tune at UMW - but it would be nice to see some 3rd party numbers.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...bie-board.html

I did dyno before and after on a mustang dyno. I do not have a Dyno to post but with a custom tune I picked up what was expected. See my post above Mike

Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 PM
porsche_rob is infamous around these parts
Umw

Big difference - really like it.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
ECU programing

Protomotive!

Old 11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robertp
Most of the tuners do dyno before and after. All of the flash programs are great and do a good job at adding HP and TQ. I like Revo and Proto.
How in the world do you make a statement like that when a lot of the tuners send you a OBD port device that maps your initial performance flash, then you send it back and they in turn send you back the flash designed to accomodate your particular setup? Where do you see a befor eand after dyno in those cases?

For those folks who are fortunate enough to live close to the tuner's shop, I can see that you might drop in for a before and after dyno....but for most of the folks it's a UPS relationship with a back and forth exchange of a flash installed either thru a computer program or the OBD port....well, actually, both thru the OBD port.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:28 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I think you took his post out of context. Obviously some people get mail order tunes, but for the shops with dyno's, and customers that either live close or ship their car to them, this is definitely common in terms of procedure.

No one but the tuners know how many people are drive in clients and how many are mail orders, and it will obviously vary based on location.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Is it possible to modify the POLL options? I think with the EVOMSit tuning now available, it would be interesting to see how they are stacking up. It would also be good to be able to change who you chose, or at least be able to vote more than once, for those who have changed tunes.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:56 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
or at least be able to vote more than once, for those who have changed tunes.
The poll is for what you are running not what you have had. Voting more than once would totally negate the absolutely poor statistical significance of this poll

Old 11-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by wross996TT
The poll is for what you are running not what you have had. Voting more than once would totally negate the absolutely poor statistical significance of this poll
Sorry for not being clear wross996TT. I though I made sense. EVOMSit software was not available when the poll was created. When it was created, I used GIAC. I now use EVOMSit. I'm sure several others are in the same situation, not to mention all those who are using EVOMSit as their first venture into 'chipping'. It would be cool to make the poll as less statistically insignificant as possible.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
^^^agreed. I voted GIAC when this pole was created, but am now running Protomotive. IT would be nice to be able to erase my first vote and revote.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:51 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
It would be cool to make the poll as less statistically insignificant as possible.
Spoken like a true English major . Yeah re-voting would be an interesting concept, but the poll is not meant to be an complete and accurate picture of what is, only an incomplete, inaccurate picture of what was You really can't be serious about making the poll "correct"....

Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Well, this thread is almost a year old now. Perhaps create a "new" poll every 6 or 12 months. Each new one which would superscede the previous one. Why not?...Porsche does it whenever they change a part!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
So if we're going to do this again, I guess we need a comprehensive list of software tuners. In no particular order, here are the ones I can think of:
EPL, Protomotive, EVOMSit, GIAC, UMW, Softronic/Vivid, Revo, APR, FVD, Upsolute, Sportec, RUF, Gemballa, Superchips, Switzer, Orton, Autothority.

Anyone have any more to add?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What ECU Program are You Running?