996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: What ECU Program are You Running?
GIAC
22.99%
UMW (KEVIN)
22.22%
Protomotive
13.41%
Softronic (Vivid)
8.05%
FVD
13.03%
REVO
1.53%
Upsolute
6.13%
Other non-stock
12.64%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

What ECU Program are You Running?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
So if we're going to do this again, I guess we need a comprehensive list of software tuners. In no particular order, here are the ones I can think of:
EPL, Protomotive, EVOMSit, GIAC, UMW, Softronic/Vivid, Revo, APR, FVD, Upsolute, Sportec, RUF, Gemballa, Superchips, Switzer, Orton, Autothority.

Anyone have any more to add?

post a new thread. I think your list is pretty comprehensive.....

Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Mine was custom tuned on a dyno in Arkarsas by a bunch of Hillbillies...
But damn do they know their ****.

Mine has not stumbled once in about 15,000 mile of very hard usage.

MK
Mine too! I have over a 1000 reasons to offer you for using protomotive
Robert

Old 11-19-2008, 08:03 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
So if we're going to do this again, I guess we need a comprehensive list of software tuners. In no particular order, here are the ones I can think of:
EPL, Protomotive, EVOMSit, GIAC, UMW, Softronic/Vivid, Revo, APR, FVD, Upsolute, Sportec, RUF, Gemballa, Superchips, Switzer, Orton, Autothority.

Anyone have any more to add?
Lets start a new one SGM

Old 11-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Is it possible to have a poll where you can see who voted for what. I think transparency is our friend with this one?

Old 11-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
What significance do you attach to the identity of the person who added their tune to the poll? Are you interested in the identity of the folks who have a reputation for Porsche performance as opposed to those who are just average P-car owners?

I have no real opposition to revealing identities, but would like to know what you or the group feels the identity of the contributor adds to or detracts from the poll. I can see that it could be a marketing advantage for some tuners to see their product posted by someone who's a known who's who.....but are you interested in the numbers or want to somehow bolster the objective of the poll by including identities?

I guess folks like Statsman or other folks better versed in polls and statistical collection would be a better source of info on poll structure.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Dodo is infamous around these parts
FVD on 02 GT2.
I got it for free as a promotion when I bought their exhaust last Xmas. Can't beat the price. :-)

Last edited by Dodo; 11-19-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:27 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I would prefer to go with two polls:

1. anonymous with what you are running

2. anonymous with a tune you have had and moved from because of technical problems (not because you wanted to changel...but because you had issues like stalling, etc.....)

So, big deal if vendor x has 80 sales if they have had 40 "problems".....causing a move.....

Anonymous so no one gets their tuner "mad at them"....

I for one have not had any problems...just want this to be more than a reflection of word of mouth and/or advertising success....

JB

Old 11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
My reasons are twofold:
1. Yes, I think you tend to agree with some people's mod philosophies more than others. It would be helpful for the viewer to see how people who they deem to be like-minded or informed choose.
2. I think it would be a deterrent to some people getting "creative" with the poll. For example, if one tuner's voting base is chock full of people who freshly joined and who have 1 post, it would alert everyone to a problem. Also, I don't know if people can vote multiple times, but it would obviously deter that as well.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't the poll software identify the incoming vote by userid and prevent a double vote once the person has already cast his/her vote? If so, that would eliminate one of your concerns. Anonymity has its advantages just as well as its disadvantages. I guess the success of your effort would be based upon what most of the folks feel comfortable with. I am making an unscientific assumption that I think that most people feel more comfortable with an anonymous poll. Maybe another field in the poll should contain a check mark for a question like....Would you recommend this tune to another person....with a simple yes/no.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:48 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
I guess folks like Statsman or other folks better versed in polls and statistical collection would be a better source of info on poll structure.
The polls on this site are not even close to scientific (the sample is biased, there is no error calculated or reported, etc...)...I don't think they are meant to be. So just get on with it...

Old 11-19-2008, 04:27 PM
To be honest guys, I was just providing the list of tuners to make sure no-one got left out. I don't really care too much about the poll. Frankly I think "because everyone else has it" is kind of a crappy reason to buy a tune.

If anyone else wants to make the poll, feel free, but I think I'll take a pass.