996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pentosin clutch fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:14 PM
rosesplus is infamous around these parts
Pentosin clutch fluid

Is Pentosin clutch fluid interchangeable with 4 dot brake fluid?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:38 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rosesplus
Is Pentosin clutch fluid interchangeable with 4 dot brake fluid?
As Kevin said. And no, they are not compatible.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:40 AM
rosesplus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kevin
Never put Pentosin clutch hydraulic fluid in your Brake system... You will boil it and have a brake failure.. Pentosin CHF11S or 202 is for the power steering pump and clutch slave system..
The local ex P dealer is suggesting one can use 4 dot brake fluid instead of Pentosin in the clutch system. Npbody was proposing to use Pentosin in the brake system.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:55 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
I was told my non-assisted clutch system is filled with DOT4, as it was designed for use with DOT 4 and the Pentosin eats the seals on the older slave cylinders. In the absense of such a conversion/requirement, why would you want to use it?

Old 12-22-2007, 08:48 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rosesplus
The local ex P dealer is suggesting one can use 4 dot brake fluid instead of Pentosin in the clutch system. Npbody was proposing to use Pentosin in the brake system.
Your ex P dealer is grossly mistaken. The clutch's hydraulic system shares fluid with the power steering system (they are connected). Both are designed to use Pentosin. Add dot 4 brake fluid to that system and you will cause some $$ problems.

PS- John D's system is not like the factory setup so completely different rules for his setup.

Last edited by roadsterdoc; 12-22-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:48 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
What other oil can I use if I cant find Pentosin here?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
I do not know, but if there is no Porsche dealership near you then you would need to order it from one. Let me know if you have no success...I will ship you a can.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:23 PM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
I will buy it buy I have a race this week end and it is dry, cant I use something else just for the race and then I fill it with the right one?? I will need to buy it , please tell me the cost and shipping to Miami where my forwarder receives it

Old 05-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by contigo
I will buy it buy I have a race this week end and it is dry, cant I use something else just for the race and then I fill it with the right one?? I will need to buy it , please tell me the cost and shipping to Miami where my forwarder receives it
I will go to the dealership to get it tomorrow or Friday. I'll contact my Porsche tech friend and ask if he knows of anything safe to substitute in an emergency.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Chris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green has a reputation beyond repute
I'm about 45 min from MIA i have about 4 cans if you need, i could also ship it tomorrow which would be in MIA by friday. let me know.

Chris Green

Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I am in Colombia South America, so no time to get them here that fast.....

Old 05-29-2008, 05:17 AM
mmmmm is infamous around these parts
Try a Mercedes Benz dealer. They also use pentosin.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:22 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Great offer Doc,

makes this forum a great one!

mK

Old 05-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Found it at MB dealer it is the same my ACTROSS truck uses