996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

got a ticket today doing 120+!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:20 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stuka
He didn't book you for 23103? You got lucky.

I know the CHP, and trust me, when they give you 23103, they usually do it because you gave them reason to take you in instead of giving you 22348b...
Nah. It wasn't CHP, it was PD...maybe that's why?

Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Oopsie cupcake, I thought that I saw mention of Barstow, my bad... None the less, statement still stands.

LOL @ "hater"... are you 12?
Man up nancy, you got caught. We all have, don't snivel about it.
"FORMER COP", is that supposed to be something to be ashamed of?
Of course there was two miles clear in front and behind you... On a holiday, in Orange County...
I think your analogy was poor to say the least, thus the response you got. Comparing someone going 120 on a highway, not knowing the conditions, to someone driving recklessly and causing a tragic accident do not corralate with most level headed enthusiasts and it would seem the good judgement of the officer who pulled him over. NO ONE here is a fan of reckless unsafe driving, but ALL OF US, including you have done 120 on the highway before.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:19 AM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
I see your point, but the analogy was as much to demonstrate my bias on the issue as it was to illustrate a consequence. There was a lot of room for speculation, so I think that the analogy was fair. Like I said in a later thread, if the conditions were clear, then have at it. But without being told otherwise, the obvious assumption to me is that 120 on a highway in a large metro during a holiday is not good decision making, nor responsible. And again, that comes from my perspective of having seen a disproportionate increase in accidents during the holiday seasons. You, nor the individual in question shares that perspective, hence my bias.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:45 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Yeah... honesty is the best policy. I haven't lied to a police officer, but I won't admit guilt to certain crimes... seatbelt is a pay and go - and he let me off with no written or verbal warning, just a have a nice day. As I went to shake his hand, he moved away and said, "I don't want my superiors to review the tape, they may think I took money or other bribes."

Seriously, if your superior is going to review the tape, he is going to ask you why the hell you pulled a guy over because he didn't use his turn signal...
I lost a case a while ago when living in California because the station said the tape was lost or unrecorded. Do they actually tape each time they pull someone over?

Old 12-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedappeal
I lost a case a while ago when living in California because the station said the tape was lost or unrecorded. Do they actually tape each time they pull someone over?
Most departments now have video tapes in each cruiser (not all of them, and it varies by department). But once they turn on the cherries, the tape begins recording - they are physically able to turn off the audio portion, but they can not disable the tape.

This is all my personal hands-on experience, it may differ by department or state.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Bribe the s.o.b.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
In SoCal most departments don't have videotapes in their vehicles.

"But, in L.A. the police are extremely hostile. I guess it just come with the territory so to speak." In my experience the cops in LA are no different than anywhere else. Most are good guys, a few are ******

Last edited by Onetime; 12-30-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:48 PM
autoaddictions is infamous around these parts
sucks !!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
printemps2001 is infamous around these parts
Get a good lawyer (it will cost you), and exercise common sense. There is no excuse for driving that fast on a public road. There are just too many variables beyond your control (not the least of which are the oblivious American drivers).

Old 12-30-2007, 08:00 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
i'm never never gonna speed again!!!! good think made all think a bit

Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
what the hell did i type?? it was good luck!!!!

Old 12-30-2007, 10:13 PM
3rd Street is infamous around these parts
just ordered my V1...I was on the fence/slow to pull the trigger but this thread definitely put me over the edge...thanks! probably will save me a few tix of my own.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 3rd Street
just ordered my V1...I was on the fence/slow to pull the trigger but this thread definitely put me over the edge...thanks! probably will save me a few tix of my own.
It gives you a false sense of security. The cops have techniques that allow them to minimize the amount of undirected radar and that is what the radar in your car catches to alert you. There laser beams travel less distance and are more concentrated with less bleed over.

I speed and race all of the time but I just make sure that I know the area and know its clear before I do so. That is why I have the Turbo S. It is not for looks, even though it looks great in my garage (and makes a great garage queen). Also, I rarely drive my car on the Hwy. I have taken it on the toll road, but that Hwy is very sparse with regards to traffic.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:14 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
For all of you non Southern California residents, the 241/261 is probably the safest most open highway within 300 miles.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:19 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jay_ftw
For all of you non Southern California residents, the 241/261 is probably the safest most open highway within 300 miles.
And you can easily hit 175 MPH and sustain it for a short period.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got a ticket today doing 120+!!!!!!