996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

got a ticket today doing 120+!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 PM
fastoc996twint is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Oopsie cupcake, I thought that I saw mention of Barstow, my bad... None the less, statement still stands.

LOL @ "hater"... are you 12?
Man up nancy, you got caught. We all have, don't snivel about it.
"FORMER COP", is that supposed to be something to be ashamed of?
Of course there was two miles clear in front and behind you... On a holiday, in Orange County...
i got your cupcake right here...
it aint somthing to be proud of ill tell you that much..........
unless youve driven on that highway at those hours on a holliday i wouldnt exactly stand by and call it a fact. and look stupid doing it........
is calling me a 12 year old the best you can do?

Old 12-28-2007, 10:50 PM
chokeu2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fastoc996twint
Im Sure He Did... But T Osay I Hope They Throw The Book At You And I Would Have Hauled You In In Hopes Of You Spending The Week End In Jail? Wtf?
Haterism!!!!! Its A Female Trate!!!!!!
I was addressing your actions not you personally. I also said in another post that I did not like that I came across so harsh, but my bias is to have little tolerance for such things on a holiday. Take it for what a comment on the internet is worth, which is nothing; and don't be so defensive. If I was addressing you personally, not your actions, that'd be "haterism"... My personal bias is that I have little tolerance for the decisions that place more people at risk. Your initial comments left a lot of detail out, leaving it open for speculation. If you don't want the speculation, or "assumptions" be more clear. Had I understood that you had a clear road, I'd have watched ya blow right by and enjoyed the ride vicariously.

Wait... LOL! "haterism"... "hater"... What is it with that term anyways? Have some of our people become so thin skinned and whiney, that if some doesn't coddle your feelings then they are "hating"? C'mon...

Old 12-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by fastoc996twint
i got your cupcake right here...
it aint somthing to be proud of ill tell you that much..........
unless youve driven on that highway at those hours on a holliday i wouldnt exactly stand by and call it a fact. and look stupid doing it........
is calling me a 12 year old the best you can do?
Actually, having worked in law enforcement is something I'm proud of. Saying that it isn't says a lot about you. Since it is nothing to be proud of, please go ahead and tell me why it is nothing to be proud of... But first, I'll tell you why I did it. I did it for the same reason that I served as an Infantryman in the Army, out of a sense of duty. Do please tell me why thats not something to be proud of.

If you're looking for a pissing contest, go right ahead. You're asking if the 12 year old comment is the best I can do is certainly no worse than "haterism" or any variation.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:42 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Don’t admit guilt ever, don’t deny it and just act dumb and be polite. The only thing you want the officer to write down is polite and understanding. Get a lawyer, he will probably just check to see if the ticketing officer has a certification to use the specific radar gun (most do not). The officer can say he judged your speed all he wants. In the end it’s what the radar says and if you can find cracks and holes with that then you’re off. Watching lawyers do this is funny. They present these facts and it is dismissed or reduced to a very low fine. Then watch the average Joe try to get out. Oh I was late, I didn’t know how fast I was going, I’m not used to the car bla bla bla. Some people have a problem with the morality of getting out of a ticket especially a severe one. The way I look at it, they are trying just as hard to give me a ticked I didn’t ask for as I am trying to get out of it.

This country, I swear some days I just can’t handle it! Going double over in an extremely capable car on a mostly empty road is nothing special. I do have a problem with a kid in a ford ****us doing 120 I got passed by on the 5 one day. If your car is capable and you are a competent person there is nothing wrong with going fast. If only there was a way to make sure only competent skilled drivers were allowed to use the roads, maybe some sort of an educational class, maybe a test. Oh yeah! I forgot every 16 year old and 80 year old immigrant is fully capable of driving on the right side of the road with their eyes open, right? Add in cell phones, and other crap. I have yet to see anyone pulled over in a tailgating trap. What are most traffic incidents caused by? Enthusiasts in good cars going fast? Or inattentive, generally stupid people following to close in poorly maintained cars. I’m not saying accidents don’t ever involve speed, or even smart good drivers, just that the situation the original poster was in is something that isn’t dangerous. Accidents happen I know, I know. But looking on the side of the road in the mornings at all the fender benders, and reading the obituaries seeing all the drinking intoxicated deaths. People who love and enjoy driving especially fast should not be regarded as felons. You know the moment you step into your car, let alone out the front door in the morning, you are facing risk and potentially death. I sign that waver every day.

Just sympathizing sorry to go on a rant. Btw I have many tickets, have never caused an accident or even dented a car. I have however been rear ended by that ******* “other driver” out there on the roads everywhere. I have never endangered any bystanders or been out of control. I will die some day, if I never got to drive fast again it might as well be tomorrow. On the track or on the streets, good driving skills apply to both.

We need a Ghost rider here in America
Give them a taste of their own medicine

Old 12-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Sorry to hear.
Best of luck to you.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:21 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jimbo

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time. (cheesy I know, but it is the truth)
Hey, isn't that Robert Blake's line (beretta)?? Worked out well for him...

And not wearing a seatbelt is way more stupid that speeding! Just MHO. (My old man was killing not wearing a seatbelt- hit head on by an old lady.)

A

Old 12-29-2007, 01:08 AM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Shark01
Thats BS......he was going over 120 mph, I wouldn't respect a cop giving a pass on those speeds. The cop did him a favor by not arresting him on Christmas. This is one of those "you play, you pay" situations, of which all of us with high powered cars have to deal with.

Get a lawyer, be respectful and show remorse.
I've gotten a pass for much faster than that. I all depends if you putting others in danger besides your self. Somone driving a Mini-van, with kids going 100 should go to jail.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:22 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stuka
And if it was 23103, they would have needed to book you.
Not necessarily. I got charged with a 23103, and the officer ended up letting me go after harassing me by pointing his pistol in my chest and asking me over and over again whether I wanted to go to jail. I simply told him that I didn't know what he should do over and over again and that it is his call, which was apparently the wrong answer. After screaming a bunch of profanities at me, he did eventually let me go, which was kind of bizarre. This is one of the many reasons why I have almost zero respect for law enforcement in/around the L.A. area.

Anyway, yeah, get an attorney. In a stroke of bizarre luck/skill on my attorney's part, charges were dropped.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:05 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Not necessarily. I got charged with a 23103, and the officer ended up letting me go after harassing me by pointing his pistol in my chest and asking me over and over again whether I wanted to go to jail. I simply told him that I didn't know what he should do over and over again and that it is his call, which was apparently the wrong answer. After screaming a bunch of profanities at me, he did eventually let me go, which was kind of bizarre.
Makes you wish you had a hidden camera. That would turn the tables. Maybe take back some of that revenue generated by tickets in the form of a lawsuit. Use it to buy another car, and get a custom plate “paid for”, then on the frame, “by the ---- police department”.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:06 PM
fastoc996twint is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
Makes you wish you had a hidden camera. That would turn the tables. Maybe take back some of that revenue generated by tickets in the form of a lawsuit. Use it to buy another car, and get a custom plate “paid for”, then on the frame, “by the ---- police department”.
now thats an idea!

Old 12-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Not necessarily. I got charged with a 23103, and the officer ended up letting me go after harassing me by pointing his pistol in my chest and asking me over and over again whether I wanted to go to jail. I simply told him that I didn't know what he should do over and over again and that it is his call, which was apparently the wrong answer. After screaming a bunch of profanities at me, he did eventually let me go, which was kind of bizarre. This is one of the many reasons why I have almost zero respect for law enforcement in/around the L.A. area.

Anyway, yeah, get an attorney. In a stroke of bizarre luck/skill on my attorney's part, charges were dropped.
That sucks dude, obviously got a little fella that wasn't experienced enough to handle someone not giving him anything but yes sir, no sir answers. Unless you get the older, more experienced guys, the best way to avoid hassles is yes sir/no sir, and being polite as you can tolerate. Gives the officer an excuse to avoid paper work and another court date to attend on a day off.

Did you ever pursue anything with the department after that crap he pulled?

Old 12-29-2007, 02:52 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Did you ever pursue anything with the department after that crap he pulled?
No, I didn't, I was moving from L.A. to San Diego shortly afterward and didn't really care to pursue matters with the city. He was a school cop, don't know if he was a rookie or not, but certainly didn't seem to be all that young. When his back-up arrived, they actually tried to cool him down. They asked me to sit on the curb, and they took him aside and spoke with him. When he came back with the citation, he gave me a menacing look and told me to "get out of here, and don't drive like that." I fully admit, my actions were wrong, but I don't think they warranted having a pistol pointed at me in anger.

I lived in San Diego for a couple years and every single police officer I encountered down there was totally cool, I mean every one. They liked to eat at the In'N out burger near my place and if I was there at the same time, I would actually eat out on the hood of their police cruiser with them fairly often and shoot the ****. Lots of other good encounters I could go on and on about.

But, in L.A. the police are extremely hostile. I guess it just come with the territory so to speak.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:57 PM
No, I didn't, I was moving from L.A. to San Diego shortly afterward and didn't really care to pursue matters with the city. He was a school cop, don't know if he was a rookie or not, but certainly didn't seem to be all that young. When his back-up arrived, they actually tried to cool him down. They asked me to sit on the curb, and they took him aside and spoke with him. When he came back with the citation, he gave me a menacing look and told me to "get out of here, and don't drive like that." I fully admit, my actions were wrong, but I don't think they warranted having a pistol pointed at me in anger.

I lived in San Diego for a couple years and every single police officer I encountered down there was totally cool, I mean every one. They liked to eat at the In'N out burger near my place and if I was there at the same time, I would actually eat out on the hood of their police cruiser with them fairly often and shoot the ****. Lots of other good encounters I could go on and on about.

But, in L.A. the police are extremely hostile. I guess it just come with the territory so to speak.
Yea, LA area Cops are on edge a bit but there is NO excuse that I can think of to have a sidearm waved in your face for something like this. You're a bigger guy than most man, the next phone call I'd have made was to internal affairs. Good on ya.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:12 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
opps in ca it's overtime for court on your off d time..... lots of guys write iffie tckets to get court time they make more in court than on the streets... anyway thats how it was 15 years ago.... policenan are mostly great people...they are taught to take the command approach (the police voice) some guys know when and when not to use.....i always respond to yes and no sir better than, you will stand in front of the car (that would be pleases stand in front of the car sir..............

Old 12-29-2007, 05:25 PM
stuka is infamous around these parts

He didn't book you for 23103? You got lucky.

I know the CHP, and trust me, when they give you 23103, they usually do it because you gave them reason to take you in instead of giving you 22348b...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got a ticket today doing 120+!!!!!!