996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I got this 5.0bar regulator from EVOMS, but says 4.0 crossed off... normal ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:35 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
i got a neuspeed one also , same as D. works fine.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Why on earth wouldn't you want the correct one set to 5 bar from the factory? Mine came from UMW stamped with 5.0 Bar and it was a factory stamp identical to the stamp on the unit I removed. This is an area you don't want to "guess" with. If you're buying a FPR that has been "crushed" to get an approximate range, you're getting jipped. I spent $280 on mine, and wouldn't imagine putting anything less on a $28000 motor.

Some things still amaze me...

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 12-28-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:50 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Does evoms sell tham as 5's? If so, why versus selling the "real" ones eg Bosch 5's. Is there a benefit to what they are doing or is it simply a cheaper way out?

Old 12-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Dont know that answer... Our OEM supplier showed me these new adjustable ones - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...5-p-46150.html Could be interesting for those wanting to really dial it in.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned
derek k is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ari
does a 5 BAR FPR require a reflash? I assume upping the fuel pressure will up the flow in all conditions?

Injectors are just nozzles that open and close for a certain period at a time.
adding a higher rate fpr will only change fuel flow at wide open throttle. During part throttle conditions your mixture is controlled by lambda and will always aim for a pre-determined afr. Up the pressure and the lambda will take over and reduce the amount of time the injector opens to compensate for the extra fuel it is seeing from the higher pressure.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:17 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, great info here guys, i am glad i asked about my evoms one. Turns out there is much to learn about every little detail on the engine... THX !!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:58 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
I still would like to hear why EVOMS sells them. Tell me it is NOT because a 3.8 costs them less, hence their margins are greater by selling a "crushed" 3.8 as a 5.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:22 AM
Banned
derek k is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by $manager
I still would like to hear why EVOMS sells them. Tell me it is NOT because a 3.8 costs them less, hence their margins are greater by selling a "crushed" 3.8 as a 5.
Before i worked at TRG i was a tech @ evo from OCT 03 until OCT 07. THese crushed 5bar fpr's seem to work fine with no issues and are made and tested with gauges on them. WE had used countless numbers of them with no ill results. But if this is something you dont like EVO did offer the adjustable billett regs as well.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Derek-
I just can't figure out the "why" part of it. Is it simply that the 3.8's are cheaper to buy wholesale and by selling them as 5's, their margins are increased? Is there some kind of worldwide shortage of 5's forcing them to modify 3.8's?
tb

Old 12-31-2007, 03:31 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I have the same one as vivd has in his pics. if you peel off the sticker it has 4.0 stamped just like the evo one. this is the made in china 5.0 fpr. also stamped made in china. so it must be cheap as to why they use them.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
I have the same one as vivd has in his pics. if you peel off the sticker it has 4.0 stamped just like the evo one. this is the made in china 5.0 fpr. also stamped made in china. so it must be cheap as to why they use them.
That's what I predicted... So what is the delta between the crimped versions and the OEM 5 Bar unit sold by some? I know I paid $280 for mine. What's the 3.8 bad modified unit selling for and how bad would you feel to trash a $28000 motor over savine a $100???

Mike

Old 12-31-2007, 04:08 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Without a doubt it is a crushed version. They can be unpredictable. Choose only a true bosch (not cheap china) version and sleep well knowing that you have a true 5bars of fuel pressure.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I just installed my counterfeit bosch 5bar. see how it goes.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:18 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
But thats still a great question, why. why would a top tuner use a non-real 5 bar ? Maybe they really are that much more cost effective ...

Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 AM
If that's the case, then why didn't Bosch do it from the factory? My guess is there's a reason. I was specifically told be several independant tuners, some over the phone and some in email not to scrimp there because you can't guarantee what you're consistantly getting across the board. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to have a sporatic rail pressure problem when I'm at the track. I generally have $1000 invested in a track weekend, if not more... I don't want my bad decision to "save" $100 on a part that is a clear compromise to what should be installed. I'd be more forgiving if there werent' any other solutions, but this one saves so little and potentially risks so much.

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got this 5.0bar regulator from EVOMS, but says 4.0 crossed off... normal ?