996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I got this 5.0bar regulator from EVOMS, but says 4.0 crossed off... normal ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Yup..... the package is no good and they are blowing up left and right.How about we leave the tuning to the tuners so nobody else blows their motor up and then we can actually blame the tuner and make it their fault.
I find this answer to be a bit offensive. These are valid questions for those of us trying to understand WHY vendors offer the products they do. Had our forefathers listened to the naysayers, we'd still be assuming the world was flat.

Heaven forbid someone question the all seeing, all knowing wisdom of some of the tuners...

Mike

Old 01-03-2008, 03:57 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I find this answer to be a bit offensive. These are valid questions for those of us trying to understand WHY vendors offer the products they do. Had our forefathers listened to the naysayers, we'd still be assuming the world was flat.

Heaven forbid someone question the all seeing, all knowing wisdom of some of the tuners...

Mike

Offensive?You have to be thicker skinned than that ........let's be real ......you weren't trying to find out why they offer it.......you were bashing them .I don't like the regulator myself and its not on my Evoms car.To say you were "trying to find out why they offer it" ......I am sorry but I don't believe it........too many using the Ala-Carte system of tuning and then want to blame the tuner when the car doesn't run right.JMHO.Joe
EDIT**
P.S. nice Avatar.....what time did the car run after hanging the left front wheel?

Last edited by joetwint; 01-03-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Joe, the point of the original question was WHY these tuners were using the specific parts. When we have NUMEROUS tuners giving differing views, I think it muddies the waters... John just posted that using a 5bar FPR isn't a good thing on a 700HP car, but MY TUNER has me using one, and I'm not even at 700HP, yet. I see there's a difference in the injector size that can impact it? That's something I didn't know. As to me wanting to "bash them", well take it as you will. But if there's a specific part made to run 5 bar BY BOSCH and some tuner cheaps out on it to save a buck or two, knowing damned well we pay enough of a Pcar tax as it is, then that is Bull****. Letting the tuners tune without asking questions is ignorant advice and I thinkg WE the CUSTOMERS deserve real answers. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but please don't try to dictate that I should be ignorant enough to join you.

The car ran an 11.?? (I didn't keep the slip and read on three different forums that on that run it either ran an 11.4 or 11.7 at either 124 or 127MPH.) and I am NOT a dragracer. Who knows what the answer to that one is, but one thing's for sure, when the front wheels came off the ground it was a feeling I've never experienced before.

Thick skin, Sure I have it... Telling people bad info, I have no patience for.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 01-03-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Letting the tuners tune without asking questions is ignorant advice and I thinkg WE the CUSTOMERS deserve real answers. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but please don't try to dictate that I should be ignorant enough to join you.
I said" we should let the tuners do the tuning"not that we shouldn't ask questions.I happen to think that is good advice.I happen to have been around the block a few times with these cars to know enough not to carelessly dish out fuel system advice on other peoples packages that I know nothing about.......My statement had nothing to do with you bashing Evo for selling a pinched 4bar but more to do with you and others implying Zippy should have a 5bar when you had no knowledge of what the rest of his fuel system consists of and after he stated Evo told him he didn't need it.His car would probably run worse with that mod.But then again I am the one giving ignorant advice.....Right?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Letting the tuners tune without asking questions is ignorant advice and I thinkg WE the CUSTOMERS deserve real answers. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but please don't try to dictate that I should be ignorant enough to join you.
I said" we should let the tuners do the tuning"not that we shouldn't ask questions.I happen to think that is good advice.I happen to have been around the block a few times with these cars to know enough not to carelessly dish out fuel system advice on other peoples packages that I know nothing about.......My statement had nothing to do with you bashing Evo for selling a pinched 4bar but more to do with you and others implying Zippy should have a 5bar when you had no knowledge of what the rest of his fuel system consists of and after he stated Evo told him he didn't need it.His car would probably run worse with that mod.But then again I am the one giving ignorant advice.....Right?

Old 01-04-2008, 05:44 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
If a bunch of you guys have these things in your cars and paid the price of a BOSCH 5 bar...wow. You oughta be pissed and ask for a refund.

Hopefully your invoices don't actually say BOSCH 5 bar on them. Darn, that would be, well, illegal now wouldn't it.... hmmm.....

Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
That pinched FPR looks like crap, get a real one.

MK

Old 01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by joetwint
Yes.

Couldn't resist.

Joe, we'll just have to agree to disagree...

mike

Old 01-04-2008, 09:23 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
My grandmother runs a five bar, I roll with a 8 bar *****es! Of course this is a joke but I thought it was funny. I have an original bosh 5 bar thanks to midnight tt. I will also have his UMW 2 ZC turbos on shortly. Stay tuned.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:13 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
So, as of right now, i do have this 5 bar , crushed, new, by evoms, for sale as pictured in the first post. Pm offers please if anyone needs it. Thanks for all the input on this subject, quite informative !!

Old 01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I know where to get a real Bosch (LOL) 5 bar FPR for $79.95 plus shipping....
the same 5 bar that's on the P CARS is on Audi's... just 3 times less expensive.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 01-13-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
mark .... i know to haha..( thanks to u ofcourse )