996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I got this 5.0bar regulator from EVOMS, but says 4.0 crossed off... normal ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 PM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
I got this 5.0bar regulator from EVOMS, but says 4.0 crossed off... normal ?

Evoms provided me a 5.0 bar fuel regulator but has the 4.0 crossed off with a marker and written on it 5.0 . Just wondering if this is normal ?

http://www.locodemoto.com/images/4725.jpg

Old 12-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
here is mine. look similar to you? not sure as i dont recognize that mark

Old 12-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
does a 5 BAR FPR require a reflash? I assume upping the fuel pressure will up the flow in all conditions?

Injectors are just nozzles that open and close for a certain period at a time.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I would say yes, but there is no need to change the FPR if you are not changing the turbos. When you change the turbos, you need to change your fuel, which then needs new mapping and hopefully the power makes you change your underoos.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:16 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
i got mine directly from neuspeed and it looked like the one Dan posted a pic of.. I freaked out at first coz it was some silly sticker on it and underneath had a 4.2 on it i think it was....but the sticker was 5 bar!!! I was re assured and I installed it! NO PROBLEMO!!!!!! worked out just fine....just a royal pain to get at.... you wont be done in 20 minutes i tell ya!!! But can be done!!

Old 12-28-2007, 02:17 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
id b careful installing it if you have no need for it......

Old 12-28-2007, 06:59 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
why not call them and ask? I''m sure they will respond in a timely manner.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
evoms just crushed a 4.0 bar to make it a 5 bar IT IS NOT A TRUE 5 BAR FPR. Order a real one form board sponsor STRATMOSPHERE. I do not trust a crushed 4 bar. IMO

S

Old 12-28-2007, 07:42 AM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
evoms just crushed a 4.0 bar to make it a 5 bar IT IS NOT A TRUE 5 BAR FPR. Order a real one form board sponsor STRATMOSPHERE. I do not trust a crushed 4 bar. IMO

S

Agreed. Crushed 5 bars and real 5 bars react slightly different.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:51 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
what exaclty is the diff in reaction? vac?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:15 AM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Spring seat pressure vs travel. This will create a fuel pressure curve that is has a different boost reference.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
Spring seat pressure vs travel. This will create a fuel pressure curve that is has a different boost reference.

To clarify more, they both with produce 5 bar with out any vac source...the difference is how they react with vac or boost reference.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor
I have the 5.0 fpr on the shelf like HighHats suggests. If you have questions on the install, my techs can explain, not a difficult job.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:29 AM
how much did you pay for it?

Old 12-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
al@cpt is infamous around these parts
Buy Bosch FPR only, motorsport part number B 280 550 113/2, they usually run about $200.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got this 5.0bar regulator from EVOMS, but says 4.0 crossed off... normal ?