996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What ECU tune for my 996tt rwd car road legal racecar?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
with the cars out now, you (and me too) at the track WILL need more hp!!
I thought that too for a while, but about 550 hp in a 2800 lbs TT would be the bomb. I'd take that up against just about anything that wasnt built for pro racing.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Puppan
Thanks!
It will be used mostly on Swedish tracks and Nurburg ring(hopefully)!
http://www.gotlandring.com/home.xml?lang=en this is one of them!

I´m planning for about 550hp at the crank, hoping that will be enough for me!
When you say it will be unbeatable I hope but I´m very unsecured about it? I have som rough competition over here with alot of really fast street legal cars! Everything from this superfast beemer http://www.loaded.se/sd_page/25/1/index.php to this extreme Ultima TT GTR http://www.kenson.nu/Ultimabilder/index.htm...
So you see we have some hard competition over here ;-)

Do you have any thread/info about your car 100-200 in 5.6sec, that is fast as h-ll?
Puppan

You are choosing some very serious competition to beat! Goran's Loaded BMW took three years to build and multiple testing at the 'Ring to achieve that time, which is one of the fastest street cars on record at the 'Ring.

The comparison to this BMW would be the 996GT2 of EDO competition that lapped the 'Ring in 7:15s. It is the fastest on record I believe, it had 612 FWHP and about 2800 lbs. but had massive aerodynamic aids and was driven by a Ring Pro.

If you want to get close to those times you will need to look very seriously into downforce aids and a flat bottom at the minimum, plus everything that you are now doing to reduce weight and strengthen the chassis IMO.

Not many cars can compete with a slightly modded 996GT2 on the tracks, some suspension work and engine work is all that you need, but we are not talking about setting 'Ring records here, simply a very very fast street/track car.

My car is basically a Protomotive modded 993TT with 3.8 ltrs and twin plug pressure sensing engine and chassis work to make it a fun track/street car. It weighs around 3400lbs and was built from the ground up including changing the complete roof and 2WD. I used to have a sequential gearbox on it when I did the 5.6 seconds, but it was only one try at almost 1.2Bar, which can be improved most likely with more boost. Here is a picture of it now.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:48 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Jean, your motor looks fantastic sir

Old 01-05-2008, 07:12 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jean
Puppan

You are choosing some very serious competition to beat! Goran's Loaded BMW took three years to build and multiple testing at the 'Ring to achieve that time, which is one of the fastest street cars on record at the 'Ring.

The comparison to this BMW would be the 996GT2 of EDO competition that lapped the 'Ring in 7:15s. It is the fastest on record I believe, it had 612 FWHP and about 2800 lbs. but had massive aerodynamic aids and was driven by a Ring Pro.

If you want to get close to those times you will need to look very seriously into downforce aids and a flat bottom at the minimum, plus everything that you are now doing to reduce weight and strengthen the chassis IMO.

Not many cars can compete with a slightly modded 996GT2 on the tracks, some suspension work and engine work is all that you need, but we are not talking about setting 'Ring records here, simply a very very fast street/track car.

My car is basically a Protomotive modded 993TT with 3.8 ltrs and twin plug pressure sensing engine and chassis work to make it a fun track/street car. It weighs around 3400lbs and was built from the ground up including changing the complete roof and 2WD. I used to have a sequential gearbox on it when I did the 5.6 seconds, but it was only one try at almost 1.2Bar, which can be improved most likely with more boost. Here is a picture of it now.

Jean your posts and insights are a treasure on this forum and your car is badass!!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Puppan

Damn your car looks good!!
If hadn´t been for my experienced mechanics working alot with Cup 996 and 997 I had gone for the 993TT too, ecspecially with the GT2 body it´s crazy nice looking!

I will put some serious work to my aerodynamics!
I probarbly go with the 997Cup flat bottom with cooling to rear brakes.
I will put some pictures in my other thread of my rear decklid, I will go with a fullsize wing and large front splitter!
My budget is far from EDO and Loaded and i don´t expect to challenge them but I´m planning to make my car able to compete with 99% of the track cars out on the tracks! Hopefully I get there!

What was made with the engine internals in the EDO Porsche? 612whp dosen´t look much compered to a lot of modded street Porsches, but as I know hardtracking is a completly differen´t thing!

Regards
Peter

Last edited by Puppan; 01-07-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Puppan

I would stick to the factory GT2 setup MKII (480ish FWHP), they are unbeatable on the track, especially since you have the lightweight and chassis improvements already. On which track will this car be used the most, any links?

Nice project, reminds me of mine.
By the way!
My mechanics is visiting you in Dubai for the Dubai24H according to your "location"! The team is "Hubert Bergh Motorsport" participating with a 997Cup. they flew down today for the event!
http://www.24hdubai.com/default.asp?...t%20box%20list

Regards
Pete

Old 01-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the compliment on the car guys!

By the way!
My mechanics is visiting you in Dubai for the Dubai24H according to your "location"! The team is "Hubert Bergh Motorsport" participating with a 997Cup. they flew down today for the event!
http://www.24hdubai.com/default.asp?...t%20box%20list

Regards
Pete
Pete, so "Hubbe" is your mechanic? This is a great team, I saw them last year, very experienced and consistent in their laps, and they did a great show and sprint towards the end of the race. I believe they are in a 997 this year for the first time?

Well I am..err.. with the competition, with a 997 Cup, the seat will be confirmed on Thursday during free practice, so will not say anything until then.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Jean your posts and insights are a treasure on this forum and your car is badass!!
I agree. Never get tired of Jean's posts and pics of his car.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Blushing here Vincent! Thanks.

BTW Pete, about the EDO, it is 612 flywheel HP . The engine is built by guru engine builder RS Tuning (same as Alzen's) and it seems like their horses are the same as Porsche factory's.. This car does 0-300 kph in 22.5 s. with its huge wing and all, and beat the 'Ring record.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the car guys!

Pete, so "Hubbe" is your mechanic? This is a great team, I saw them last year, very experienced and consistent in their laps, and they did a great show and sprint towards the end of the race. I believe they are in a 997 this year for the first time?

Well I am..err.. with the competition, with a 997 Cup, the seat will be confirmed on Thursday during free practice, so will not say anything until then.
Yes they are participating in a white 997 Cup this year. Last year they had some troubles but the year before was better.

And yes, the chief mechanics in Hubbes team(Per and Niklas) are also my mechanics. The Pictures of my car are taken in Pers garage..

So you will maybe participate in the Dubai24H, or did I missunderstand you?
If you are Good luck!!
It would be fun if you could go over to their pit and ask for "Per" and send my(Puppans) greetings to them!

/pete

Old 01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
So you will maybe participate in the Dubai24H, or did I missunderstand you?
If you are Good luck!!
It would be fun if you could go over to their pit and ask for "Per" and send my(Puppans) greetings to them!

/pete
I will be there in about an hour and will say hi, they're only three boxes away.. scrutineering today

You are in good hands, I am sure your car will be a monster Ringer. Cheers

Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Jean,

Does your buddy work for the Konrad team? (Konstantin)

Good luck!

MK

Jean,

I just saw that EDO car in race trim (run all day) did 0-300kph in 22.5 seconds, wow.
My car in "Texas Mile trim" (hot weather, more boost than I would run lap after lap) did 0-300 in 27 seconds.
(you extrapolated my Crank HP to be 650-675 ish). Is the EDO car much lighter?

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 01-08-2008 at 09:37 AM. Reason: EDO car
Old 01-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi Marty,

No he is not with Konrad for this race as timing was too tight, and Konrad is a %@%$# (he did help Levino I know, but he screwed me )

Kostantin just flew in last night from Daytona where he was with the Synergy team and they got the lead ahead of the TRG bunch and Farnbacher in the prep race. Bergmeister (Tim) is arriving in a couple of hours and might be driving Konrad's 997 RSR if all goes well, we will all be set tomorrow.

Puppan, did not see your guys, will do so tomorrow hopefully and sorry for the hijack. I will get you pictures to make it up..or any other close ups you need, let me know

Last edited by Jean; 01-08-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Marty,

No he is not with Konrad for this race as timing was too tight, and Konrad is a %@%$# (he did help Levino I know, but he screwed me )

Kostantin just flew in last night from Daytona where he was with the Synergy team and they got the lead ahead of the TRG bunch and Farnbacher in the prep race. Bergmeister (Tim) is arriving in a couple of hours and might be driving Konrad's 997 RSR if all goes well, we will all be set tomorrow.

Puppan, did not see your guys, will do so tomorrow hopefully and sorry for the hijack. I will get you pictures to make it up..or any other close ups you need, let me know

No problems with the HJ!
yes go and say hello tomorrow, I think they will be suprised! You don´t have to mention how you know me!
Send us some pictures from the track when you get the time!

/Pete