996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help with sport seat install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:31 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Help with sport seat install

Please help,
trying to install sport seats from a 996gt3 into my 01 turbo and for some reason the power recline function is not working on the driver side. My car originally had the standard power memory seats. Also Im getting an airbag failure. I just took the seat back out and it seems like the wires in the harness do not match up properly, the pins from one side do not match the female side. I thought this was just a plug and play situation. Do I need to move the wires around in the harness?
TIA

Old 01-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
I had the same problem when I installed the sport seats in my car. The negative pins match up, but the positive pins don't. I didn't see a way to move the pins so I just went around the plug for the positive lead. I did this with a splicer and it worked perfect. You still need to use the plug for the negative side, but just splice and bypass the plug for the positive side.

The passenger seat works perfect the way it is, and doesn't need to be spliced.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:04 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
I had the same problem when I installed the sport seats in my car. The negative pins match up, but the positive pins don't. I didn't see a way to move the pins so I just went around the plug for the positive lead. I did this with a splicer and it worked perfect. You still need to use the plug for the negative side, but just splice and bypass the plug for the positive side.

The passenger seat works perfect the way it is, and doesn't need to be spliced.
Thx so much.
Did you get the positive from the harness prior to the plug?

Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rwm514
Thx so much.
Did you get the positive from the harness prior to the plug?
Yes, I got the positive from the wire before the plug that is attached to the car itself. I forget what color it was, but it wasn't hard to find.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
adam, did you get the seat warmers working? glad the seats worked out.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes, the heated seats work great!! Thank God they do cause it was 2 degrees here this morning!!