996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT factory seat option question:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Porschesolution is infamous around these parts
996TT factory seat option question:

It appears the following options were available to the 996TT when ordering:

Sport seats (with/without painted backs)
Supple leather (not available on sport seats, correct??)
crests in headrest (available on either seat option)
deviating stitching (available on either seat option, though rare)
heated seats (standard or sport seats it appears)
lumbar supports?
Sport seats remain all-power correct?

How close am I?

I'll be buying a 996TT in March: trying to ensure I'm looking at the correct list of options. Thanks!

Mark

Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM
DaveMo is infamous around these partsDaveMo is infamous around these parts
I have sport seats with painted backs and they are heated. However, they only have power for the seat back. The fore-aft and up-down adjustments are manual.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:46 PM
that wouldn't bug me too much...prob. not the misses either. Thanks.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
My car came with the Heated/Porsche Crest Supple Leather standard seats, but I upgraded to the Heated/Painted Back Sport Seats. They are much better looking and provide more lateral support than the standard seats. I think they are more comfortable than the standard seats as well...they definitely give the car a more sporty feel.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:16 AM
I like the sport seats, also partial to supple leather: the sport seats were not available in supple leather correct?

Thanks, Mark.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Porschesolution
I like the sport seats, also partial to supple leather: the sport seats were not available in supple leather correct?

Thanks, Mark.
Yup Mark, you're right. Supple was only WITHOUT the sports. Supple also got memory and electrics (beyond back which the sports have). Mine are heated sports with the headrest crest. VERY comfy (for me). I don't have any lumbar bags (but I think that those were available in either seat for a price). I think that the memory seats also add memory mirrors too. Memory seats would have been nice for those times when someone else drives my car (easy to get back to 'my' seat position), but then those motors all add weight.......

GL in your search.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I love the GT3 seats, but think the wife wants more "cushion". So, supple or sport seats will be in my "search".

My buddy's GT3 was just fitted with GT3 seats & the Tequipment Roll bar: wow. Nice!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
If you buy a car with sport seats, I have my standard supple leather/heated/Porsche crest/non-lumbar/power/memory seats sitting around so I will sell them if you are interested.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Seats Too

I have the same seats...65lbs each with brackets.
I went to Corbeau A4 alcantra suede with pump lumbar support
only 25lbs each. Excellent lateral support...changed the car.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 AM
seats

Well, I'm most partial to the GT3 seats, but will have to drive my wife around in my buddy's 997 GT3 for a while to ensure she'd like that enough to "wave" them as a valid option.

Anybody else here have a wife who will only drive Porsches??

Mark

Old 01-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
GT3 seats are definitely cool, but the cool thing about silvershark's Corbeau A4 option is that the seat folds, so you can get the double benefit: (i) the weight of the GT3s and (ii) keep use of the rear seats.*

*I know silvershark pulled his rear seats, so I guess it doesn't matter in his case anyway.

I think I'm going to stick with my sports though because my fiance will leave me if I take away her heated seats. It's been damn cold in NY lately.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Although it's a paltry 40d today in Austin, Texas, normally, we have no need for heated seats. I plan to pull the rear seats in my 996tt as well: I've been in the rear seats of my 965 one time: & one time was all that I needed

Mark

Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
I have sport/crest/heated/full pwr no lumbar in my tts cab and used to love the look of the seat, however once I got my 03 tt as a daily d supple/crest/heated/pwr,lumbar,memory standard seat I have grown to like the overall freedom especially at shoulders it offers. I am tall and broad shouldered so that may be why the sport seat seems more restrictive up top. Lumbar would have been nice too on the sport in the photos I thought it was there but it was a false plug for where it goes when you order it I suppose. I must say its fun going back and forth between the two. Happy Hunting!