996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Water injection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:50 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Yes, VP's MS109 is the best for power and cooling. The only downside is that it cost $10+ per gallon. Not for daily drivers, but a must have when racing and match-up's.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:37 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
+1. Or if you're a bit more adventurous, these engines absolutely love VP C16, but it's leaded.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:58 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I would run C16, but we can not in California. Cats do not like it.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:36 PM
evo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the roughevo911 is a jewel in the rough
run switch controlled dumps close them when u get pulled over robertp? lol

Old 02-17-2008, 08:03 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Hey guys! Check out this water injection system which incorporate Aquamist nozzles, water pump and 2.0 gallon reservoir fabricated by Active Autowerk.
http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewp...x?id=Product58

Old 02-18-2008, 03:29 AM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by S4corrado996TT
Hey guys! Check out this water injection system which incorporate Aquamist nozzles, water pump and 2.0 gallon reservoir fabricated by Active Autowerk.
http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewp...x?id=Product58
Its cool, but we need somebody who installed it on 996TT , i know Craig had it in his car then he removed it !!!!!!?????

Old 02-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
There are two guys with supercharged Boxsters installing water/meth. I think one of them has it working and is doing the tunning now. I will update everyone here as they get their project going.
The details as off now is they plan on running 7psi of boost off of their superchargers, and one of them is installing a intercooler.

I love all of these projects we are trying.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
blackbeast99 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Can you just run Water to decrease the IAT for resistance to heat soak? I could care less about more power, but I could also care less for the risk of motor going as I've seen it happen before. But if it in fact decreases the IAT's, then why should you have to tune for pure water injection if there is no desire for an increase in power, but moreso sustained power in hot conditions. Would be safer IMO if it could be done and worthwhile for road racing.
FWIW Dez, this is what I run on my car for those purposes. It is actually my form of an intercooler for my blower. I am only using the washer reservoir, so when running hard/continuously, it can run low in a hurry...that's why I kept filling it to make sure on the mountain run, you have one as large as your trunk if you wanted (hood in your case ). The IAT's are decreased, and as a result of the cooler air charge, you usually gain a little power. I had to have my car retuned b/c it ran super rich during injection.

http://www.snowperformance.net/categories.php?p_cat=137

Last edited by blackbeast99; 02-21-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:43 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Has Mitch posted any results to this yet??

I am hopefully picking up an '02 TT this coming Friday, and I plan to install a meth. kit on it soon, and was hoping to hear some results from someone.

I've installed and tuned 3 Alkycontrol kits on personal cars, and a customers car, and have had great results. Does the stock Porsche ECU have any inputs, so that it can see the meth actually coming on so that it can pull fuel/add timing?? Or do you just have to have a custom tune done with the meth kit on already?? Just trying to figure how to implement my failsafes like I do in the other cars that I've put it on.

BTW-I've NEVER had a problem with the plugs fouling with a meth kit. Something must be wrong with the tune if he's going through plugs that quickly, no matter what engine it is being used on. I personally run a twin nozzle kit (M10 and M15), where I pull almost 30% fuel with and can run well over 30psi of boost while on pump gas.

Thanks for any and all help.

Tim

Old 04-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by basupra

I am hopefully picking up an '02 TT this coming Friday, and I plan to install a meth. kit on it soon, and was hoping to hear some results from someone.

I've installed and tuned 3 Alkycontrol kits on personal cars, and a customers car, and have had great results. Does the stock Porsche ECU have any inputs, so that it can see the meth actually coming on so that it can pull fuel/add timing?? Or do you just have to have a custom tune done with the meth kit on already?? Just trying to figure how to implement my failsafes like I do in the other cars that I've put it on.

BTW-I've NEVER had a problem with the plugs fouling with a meth kit. Something must be wrong with the tune if he's going through plugs that quickly, no matter what engine it is being used on. I personally run a twin nozzle kit (M10 and M15), where I pull almost 30% fuel with and can run well over 30psi of boost while on pump gas.

Tim

Hey Tim,

I usually see between 20-30 hp gains on most me7 cars when tuning for a 50/50 water meth mix.

Im actually tuning a 996tt with an hfs-1 aquamist kit tomorrow. As far as fail safe go, you want to wire it to interrupt power to the boost frequency valve. This will drop you to wastegate presure if anything does go wrong.

Shoot me an email if you have any questions. We use water injection on many cars around the shop....including ALL of my personal cars.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:10 PM

Tim

Nothing yet from Mitch

Old 04-20-2008, 06:10 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Hey Tim,

I usually see between 20-30 hp gains on most me7 cars when tuning for a 50/50 water meth mix.

Im actually tuning a 996tt with an hfs-1 aquamist kit tomorrow. As far as fail safe go, you want to wire it to interrupt power to the boost frequency valve. This will drop you to wastegate presure if anything does go wrong.

Shoot me an email if you have any questions. We use water injection on many cars around the shop....including ALL of my personal cars.
Tony, we've actually already talked breifly about this a few weeks ago!!
I do have plenty more questions though, so can you email me the best contact # for you, and hopefully we can figure something out.

Thanks, Tim
basupra@aol.com

Old 04-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Tim & Tony Let us know on the result with 996TT please

Old 04-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UAE996TT
Tim & Tony Let us know on the result with 996TT please
Ill see if the customer Im tuning tomorrow will let me post his results. If he does, Ill start a new thread with results!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor
Tony, we've actually already talked breifly about this a few weeks ago!!
I do have plenty more questions though, so can you email me the best contact # for you, and hopefully we can figure something out.

Thanks, Tim
basupra@aol.com

I was pretty sure that we did speak. Ill email you tomorrow from the shop!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Water injection