996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Nordschleife...Looks like are days are numbered for some of us anyway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:09 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Nordschleife...Looks like are days are numbered for some of us anyway

http://forum.ringersforum.com/viewto...d5f34048e7665a

Old 01-05-2008, 01:11 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
TUV approved Certs and Noise levels, 95db feckin rediculous!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Nothing too bad.

Nobody will check the TUV-papers there, but it would mean only this:

If you have mods in your car in Germany they must be TUV-approved parts so the car is legally registrated....and that's no news! Most mods have the approval too...If they don't, they are either very low quality or racing parts not intended for road use.

For tourists from other countries, the car must be registrated legally with the mods in the home country, and in most civil countries the mods require a TUV-approval or similar...

So you have to have a legal car when you drive at Ring during the normal tourist drives! Doesn't sound that bad!

But what they will do is start safety checks by technical inspectors running around. For example fluids, harnesses etc...And try to stop junk cars running there. (http://forum.ringersforum.com/viewto...hlight=#283975)

But the new 95dB limit does sound a bit dull!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Trust me, you think that is not bad, if this all happens (TBC) It will be terrible news, can see it now, Trip to The Ring - Ferries/Fuel etc roughly £400+ ($800+) to get there and find there is a some flaw in the paper work and they turn you away!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:27 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
What the ... I could've sworn I replied to this thread?!

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently there are two threads

Last edited by jox; 01-05-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Trust me, you think that is not bad, if this all happens (TBC) It will be terrible news, can see it now, Trip to The Ring - Ferries/Fuel etc roughly £400+ ($800+) to get there and find there is a some flaw in the paper work and they turn you away!
And not only that. In order to follow these new regulations, they'd have to constantly check cars, having people there to do all of this - more employees = pricier tickets.

Pardon my french but this is f-ed up. Noise regulations? Please! I'm sure the only people within a 50 mile radius, the people living in Nürburg, are pretty damned used to it by now, with Zakspeed race car Vipers flying by their bedroom window for the past 10 years.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
As others have added. I really wonder how closely they'll enforce this.

I hear from folks that have driven their rental cars around the circuit, which is supposedly no longer allowed, or any Tourist plated vehicle, IIRC.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Trevor Ely
As others have added. I really wonder how closely they'll enforce this.

I hear from folks that have driven their rental cars around the circuit, which is supposedly no longer allowed, or any Tourist plated vehicle, IIRC.
I agree as there is ongoing talks etc, but I'm sure it's not far away, this so called road/track has been claiming a lot of lives also, honestly you have seen nothing like it, last year I was entering a turn doing 110 and I could have popped the window down and touched the motorcyclist's helmet who I was overtaken at the time, nuts!

As regards the Rental Cars, Hertz, Avis, Dollar, etc, etc, have good communication with the Ring plus the eye in the sky.

http://www.8200rpm.com/webcam/

Old 01-05-2008, 03:11 PM
bk12 is infamous around these parts
This would be a sweet trip. Do a lot of Americans ship cars over? I have seen it mentioned by people here and there....does anyone know roughly what is involved with shipping a car over ($$ and time)?

Old 01-05-2008, 03:20 PM
There was talk of a get together, it would be fantastic, there are a few Euro guys here now. A great get together! 6SpeedWorldWide

Another fantastic track (keep saying this) is SPA, you guys would love it, I'm already booked in for this year, there is plenty events on, that could be a great get together also.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bk12
This would be a sweet trip. Do a lot of Americans ship cars over? I have seen it mentioned by people here and there....does anyone know roughly what is involved with shipping a car over ($$ and time)?
If you're serious about making a trip to the Nürburgring, you oughta try out one of the Ring rentals ( http://www.rent-racecar.de/ ). Most of these vehicles are equipped for the abuse, and you don't have to worry about potentially burying your precious 996 into a wall.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Trevor Ely
If you're serious about making a trip to the Nürburgring, you oughta try out one of the Ring rentals ( http://www.rent-racecar.de/ ). Most of these vehicles are equipped for the abuse, and you don't have to worry about potentially burying your precious 996 into a wall.
Agree, you can thrash the *** of them, but they are very expensive and even more if you have a prang with one of them, lol

Old 01-05-2008, 05:36 PM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
i drove my rental VOLVO there... nothing got checked...

i call BS if they arent just bluffing to scare off the stupid people that show up in POS cars

Old 01-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by silver_6r
i drove my rental VOLVO there... nothing got checked...

i call BS if they arent just bluffing to scare off the stupid people that show up in POS cars
No offence, but did you read the thread (link) correctly?

Old 01-05-2008, 06:43 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jox
What the ... I could've sworn I replied to this thread?!

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently there are two threads

LOL, I've done the same thing before.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nordschleife...Looks like are days are numbered for some of us anyway