996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

First "REAL" impressions of my UMW tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
So, If I roll the dyno at 530WHP, That's closer to 640-650 then, correct??? Im betting my dyno sheets will reflect a wheel number of around 530-540HP and 570#ft. or more of torque...And that's not even on the race gas file...

Mike

Old 01-07-2008, 07:55 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fastoc996twint
Who Sells Umw Tune? Ball Park Range?
UMW = Ultimate Motorwerks....

Kevin's shop at www.ultimatemotorwerks.com ....

Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 PM
3rd Street is infamous around these parts
i curious to hear how it held up on the track? noticable difference?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Do you have a 5 BAR FPR? The stock fuel system can NOT support 640 HP neither can 16/24s...

Old 01-08-2008, 02:47 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
Yes he has the 5 bar FPR,but on pumpgas and with K16/24 I believe 600 HP at the crank will be the absolute max you can get.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:10 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
That simply is not the case...

With a 3.8 bar fpr and the upsolute tune, using the same turbos/intercoolers/DVs made 510 at the wheels. That's 600HP+ at the crank.

Now I have the 5 bar FPR, stiffer wastegate springs, the UMW tune, and the DGI exhaust, along with SAMCO hoses to help keep the pressure reined in. There are OTHER K16/24 cars making over 600crank HP, Maybe a few of them will chime in.

Haven't had the car at the track yet, but will in March.

Mike

Old 01-08-2008, 06:38 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Dude!
Now you've got me jonesing. My UMW 2zc should be here any day. At least the turbos, the loader has to go back to him and then back to me so a few more days to wait. I am anxiuos to see this newfound torque. I know there are many faster but this should be safe, sustainable, predictable and quick. It seems funny how other cars that claim more RWP have trouble with porsches from a roll. I will keep ya'll posted on some 1/4 times when its all together. KPG and JohnD set the bar around 11.5 et and 126-129mph. I know thats chump for some but most production cars are over 300-500K other than the c6z06 to run this quick. Hope the weather is letting ya'll drive. We had 70 degrees today but it's dropping again to freezing at night by the weekend. I am ready to drive in the COLD mornings.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:54 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mikelly

With a 3.8 bar fpr and the upsolute tune, using the same turbos/intercoolers/DVs made 510 at the wheels. That's 600HP+ at the crank.

Now I have the 5 bar FPR, stiffer wastegate springs, the UMW tune, and the DGI exhaust, along with SAMCO hoses to help keep the pressure reined in. There are OTHER K16/24 cars making over 600crank HP, Maybe a few of them will chime in.

Mike
The car may have had enough fuel to support 510 hps, but you were WELL out of injector at that point. The injector was most certainly at 100% duty cycle...with injector duty cycle this high, the ecu has absolutely no fueling control.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Mike,

You have a great set-up and I am happy for you. No need for me to start a dyno war
as with my A.D.D., I do not have the time (or the intimate knowledge of them).
Give us a 60-130mph, or a 100-200 kph and we can get pretty close on your car if it
is close to stock weight and stock gearing. (Drift Box or AX-22)

MK

Old 01-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I think we're saying the same thing. I'm not sure 16/24s can support much more than 600 crank. The 16 hot side has even more back pressure than the 24 hot side.

Originally Posted by Mikelly

Mike

Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silver
Dude!
Now you've got me jonesing. My UMW 2zc should be here any day. At least the turbos, the loader has to go back to him and then back to me so a few more days to wait. I am anxiuos to see this newfound torque. I know there are many faster but this should be safe, sustainable, predictable and quick. It seems funny how other cars that claim more RWP have trouble with porsches from a roll. I will keep ya'll posted on some 1/4 times when its all together. KPG and JohnD set the bar around 11.5 et and 126-129mph. I know thats chump for some but most production cars are over 300-500K other than the c6z06 to run this quick. Hope the weather is letting ya'll drive. We had 70 degrees today but it's dropping again to freezing at night by the weekend. I am ready to drive in the COLD mornings.
Run those turbo's in properly.... the ZC coating needs to be mated/matched/honed by the compressor wheel, and you progressively have to add a little more agression (boost) as per Kevins instructions so that wheel will get hotter and bed in a little more.

Once bedded that 2ZC will be a beast! Did you get any of Kevins other goodies?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
The car may have had enough fuel to support 510 hps, but you were WELL out of injector at that point. The injector was most certainly at 100% duty cycle...with injector duty cycle this high, the ecu has absolutely no fueling control.
This is what the previous owner did, and I have no clue what the duty cycle was. This was also with the upsolute tune. I've changed a numnber of things for the better and expect much better results from the package, based on what I know other UMW tuned K16/24 cars are running.

Mike

Old 01-09-2008, 11:19 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I basically have what you have Mike and my limiting factor is the stock fuel system....My next upgrade would be rails and injectors...but I must admit, the car has tremendous torque and plenty of HP so I am not sure I want to do anything else...

Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
fastoc996twint is infamous around these parts
Are All You Guys Running Hybrid Turbos? Or Stock K24's?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wross996TT
I basically have what you have Mike and my limiting factor is the stock fuel system....My next upgrade would be rails and injectors...but I must admit, the car has tremendous torque and plenty of HP so I am not sure I want to do anything else...

I doubt your anywhere near the limit of the rail. Drop an injector in and have it tuned!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First "REAL" impressions of my UMW tune