996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Arizona Automobile Registration Taxes SUCK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Joe West is infamous around these parts
Arizona Automobile Registration Taxes SUCK!

My first renewal for my 2003TT came in this week... I can't say that I like giving Arizona $1800 bucks just to register my car.

Sorry... the Republican is coming out in me...
I hate giving money to Arizona so they can waste it.

Okay... I'll stop whining now.

Joe West

Old 06-09-2004, 11:05 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
still better than Kalifornia

Old 06-09-2004, 11:10 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
MA is worse - we have an annual exisae tax valued at $25 per $1000 of car value - of course, they do depreciatye the car but on a TT it still is a lot.

Old 06-09-2004, 11:10 PM
02TT_87GNX is infamous around these parts
Oregon reg is the only way to go... $60 for two years.

However CHP is cracking down hard on californians with oregon plates so I just leave the dealer plate on and get the car waxed every other week.

Old 06-09-2004, 11:46 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Mine was about $2700 to register here in Denver. I need to move back to Hawaii. They charge based upon the weight of the vehicle. My Z8 in Hawaii was about $170.

I feel guilty when I ***** about it though. Most people will never have the opportunity to pay these fees.

Old 06-10-2004, 12:32 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arizona Automobile Registration Taxes SUCK!

Originally posted by Joe West
My first renewal for my 2003TT came in this week... I can't say that I like giving Arizona $1800 bucks just to register my car.

Sorry... the Republican is coming out in me...
I hate giving money to Arizona so they can waste it.

Okay... I'll stop whining now.

Joe West
Is that a yearly fee???

Old 06-10-2004, 12:42 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
I've got you all beat. Personal Property tax in Virginia on my 01 TT cost me $3700 this year. And that was with a tax relief program that knocked off $600. We get charged 4.75% of the value of each piece of property each year!

Friggin highway robbery.

Old 06-10-2004, 12:42 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: Arizona Automobile Registration Taxes SUCK!

Originally posted by rockitman
Is that a yearly fee???
yep... you and I got it good

Old 06-10-2004, 02:06 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
$68 bucks a year here in Texas (which also has no income tax.)

Old 06-10-2004, 02:13 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by maxwell
I've got you all beat. Personal Property tax in Virginia on my 01 TT cost me $3700 this year. And that was with a tax relief program that knocked off $600. We get charged 4.75% of the value of each piece of property each year!

Friggin highway robbery.
Vote out that tax and spend lib governor!!!

Old 06-10-2004, 03:56 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Exclamation

$60.48 total for mine and $29 of that is a title fee. Florida.

Old 06-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Maxwell, Is there a limit on that? Does a $200,000 car cost $9500 a year??

that is sick. Is there sales tax in VA?

Any states have no sales tax on cars?

Old 06-10-2004, 04:46 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 02TT_87GNX
Oregon reg is the only way to go... $60 for two years.

However CHP is cracking down hard on californians with oregon plates so I just leave the dealer plate on and get the car waxed every other week.
How long have you been able to keep your dealer plates on? How did you register in Oregon if you don't have a residence there?

And what does having the car waxed every other week do - you lost me there...

Old 06-10-2004, 04:56 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
controlit...there is no limit. the sales tax is 4.5% on the car, the luxury tax is 3% and the property is 4.75%. The sales and luxury you obviously only pay once, but the property is every year. The assesment on the car obviously goes down every year due to deprecitation.

Old 06-10-2004, 05:39 AM
trueloans is infamous around these parts
No sales TAX at all in Montana..and you can buy property up there CHEAP!! My buddy registers all his motor vehicles and his water toys up there at his In-Laws house..Saved him Mad Money over the years..especially in comparison to Colorado Taxes. I paid $1200 for the Denali and almost $3000 for the TT....Bastards!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Arizona Automobile Registration Taxes SUCK!