996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TriplBlack996TT's first post - Just picked up my new whip . . . my first Porsche!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 PM
TriplBlack996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
beautiful car.
Before you go with xenon look bulbs investigate an hid retrofit it will run around $300 you can find less. With this HID kit you get real HID lighting not just a look a like bulb.

I tried many bulbs in my car before I got the HID kit.
I bought my set from board sponsor Imagine Auto. Ask for Jearamy.

lol good call! but i would never use retro bulbs - for example i swapped out the entire halogen foglight system in my m3 to use real HID - if it came to it i'd spend the $$ no problem as real HID is just that much better as it seems you know from experience . . . i'm just looking for bright white side blinker bulbs as i HATE yellow

Old 01-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by ari
Congrats. I remember that day very vividly, I'll never forget it. Most of us grew up dreaming about this reality. Trust me the car will be much faster when you get the hang of it. Coming from the M3, the depress clutch, wait 1/2 sec shift method will work wonders. You already know what to do do. This car is in every way superior to the M3, but be prepared to miss the M3 when it's gone. The M3 and Miata are unbelievably memorable cars. Most people here will agree.

Enjoy. These cars are bulletproof otherwise and 700 reliable HP is only a few K$ away.

Very well put my friend!! I'll agree as i'll miss my m3 always (except for during 3rd gear highway pulls in the 996 - i can't think about anything except "holy sh^t!")

Old 01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by fastoc996twint
car looks awsome.. i too am a neighbor in anaheim hills............. congrats...
i only have one question for you...... how do u plan on fitting the 997 vents??????? please explain....

The idea i was trying to explain was that i love the look of the 997 side air intake vents that feed the turbos - i just think the vent divider makes it look more aggressive when compared to the 996 simply having an open intake vent. I'm considering swapping them but then again perhaps i should keep all exterior mods true to the 996 . . . this is what i'm wrestling with as i'm nowhere near a decision yet

installing today the Kenwood dnx1700 with nav/cd/DVD/ipod/bluetooth/sirius/backup camera (built into the black license plate frame) - i'll take pictures of the inside when i get my newly ordered pedals in (from Ultimate Pedals) as well as my custom black and yellow embroidered mats (from HW Accessories LLC)

I'll be at cars and coffee this weekend in Irvine if any of you are around socal

Old 01-09-2008, 09:08 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
Very nice and wicked looking ride. Congrats!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Congrats! Car looks killer.

Oh yeah...hide your wallet!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Congrats! Car looks killer.

Oh yeah...hide your wallet!
LOL!! i know i know the curse of the car guy - i took out an extra 5k to play with right off the bat after the initial purchase - she'll be right where i want her (sans GT2 wing and bumper) by next week . . . the rear turbo badge and tail/side lights look siiick completely blacked out too . . . did that yesterday . . .

Old 01-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Sideways has a spectacular aura aboutSideways has a spectacular aura about
Black is beautiful. I look forward to seeing your ride in person Saturday.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Absolute beast! Congrats, and what a way to get into Porsche ownership.. you will never look back...

Old 01-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Oh yes, you wont regret the GT2 wing and bumper combo, it adds an absolutely menacing look to the TT. I just love it on my car!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Harold
Oh yes, you wont regret the GT2 wing and bumper combo, it adds an absolutely menacing look to the TT. I just love it on my car!!!
Thank you for your post! Where did you pick up your gt2 wing /bumper?? and for what price? Techart wants over 10k for like pieces (even tho they're worth the $$) your whip looks great!