996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any alignment shop worth going to in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 AM
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LARennsport
+1 for Steve Alcron at Johnson's. A bit old school, but they nail it.
I need the car lowered a little bit too, do you think Steve can do that with my coilovers too?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
Steve does a large % of the POC cars here. He can really do just about anything. He has incredible set up knowledge. My car has coilovers and he's lowered it 2x...he's also found me very hard to get suspension parts. Here's his #....310-370-6301..

Old 01-09-2008, 02:28 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
my personal experience with steves work is ok just depends on how he feels and if he actually does the work. back when darren worked for steve most of the club guys prefered darrens setups, still do. he's kinda the secret weapon.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
My experience with Tom at Lucent has never been anything short of stellar.

I guess that's why pro drivers like Cort Wagner gets his car setup there too.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:35 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
on another note about alignment. from my experience it seems like I have had much better results from the guys that use the old school method of actually doing all the measurements the manual method. nice to have all the fancy shmancy machines but doesn't really mean your alignment is any better.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport is infamous around these parts
+1 Agree. Only as good as the set up and a lot of guys (names/shops I will not mention) have the laser machines, etc. but don't know how to use them all that well...or have crappy set up sheets for your car.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:50 AM
luce is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by oak
on another note about alignment. from my experience it seems like I have had much better results from the guys that use the old school method of actually doing all the measurements the manual method. nice to have all the fancy shmancy machines but doesn't really mean your alignment is any better.
Other than westend, where can you get an alignment like that?

Old 01-10-2008, 12:23 PM
oak
luce, where in so cal are you located?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM
brea/diamond bar area.

Location of the shop isn't too much of a concern. I've driven out to both westend and lucent just for an alignment.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:52 AM
JoshBsZ is infamous around these parts
Darren @ Westend is the best in SoCal. Great guy, good price, and does a top notch job. Highly recommend him, as its the only place I would go when I was living in LA.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak

We do alignments the traditional "at the track" way by stringing a car and we use the Beisbarth aligner.

Not to take anything from the old way of doing things but you just cant beat a precision machine when measuring alignments. Especially one that is built to compensate lowered ride height and race set ups.

Yes the old fashion way works very well.. But modern tools are modern tools and you cant beat.

Thats why top teams in formula 1 and other series use sophisticated machines to measure alignments on race cars.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:38 AM
oak
I agree nice to have if you need it, but of course it's totally dependant on the individual doing the work.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
We do alignments the traditional "at the track" way by stringing a car and we use the Beisbarth aligner.

Not to take anything from the old way of doing things but you just cant beat a precision machine when measuring alignments. Especially one that is built to compensate lowered ride height and race set ups.

Yes the old fashion way works very well.. But modern tools are modern tools and you cant beat.

Thats why top teams in formula 1 and other series use sophisticated machines to measure alignments on race cars.
Sorry old thread, but I was wondering what advantage your Biesbarth Porsche Factory Alignment machine has over a typical Hunter.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:47 AM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Westend, Johnsons, GMG, or Lucent....

I need an alignment. From what i gather, GMG has the quality equipment, at a price problaly close to double the rest of the other shops....

Which shop would be the best for the price? I don't mind going to GMG, as long as im getting what i'm paying for, and not just overpaying...

Old 01-26-2008, 10:56 AM
AP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really niceAP2Suzuka is just really nice
Another +1 for Darrin Nishimura of Westend Alignment. Call him as soon as you need an alignment or corner balance though. It's at least a week wait from the initial phone call due to the high volume of business, and he's not open on weekends.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any alignment shop worth going to in SoCal?