996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any alignment shop worth going to in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luce
Sorry old thread, but I was wondering what advantage your Biesbarth Porsche Factory Alignment machine has over a typical Hunter.

Luce,

The Beisbarth aligner is superior to hunter, bear and other non OE factory brands for a few reasons.

1. Mounting fixtures for Porsche cars, we have the factory adapters that mount directly to the wheel center and not just the traditional 3 arm clamp that mounts to the outer edge of the wheel/tire. The alignment specification is measured at the center of the hub. Not to mention the fact that you dont have any fixture touching the outer edge of the wheel. Many people have had their wheels damaged with traditional clamp on fixtures.
*See pictures in this post.

2. Beisbarth is the supplier to Porsche ensuring the most accurate measuring equipment on the market.
Beisbarth has been in the alignment machine business for almost 100 years.

3. The Beisbarth aligner can and does compensate for lowered ride height suspension geometry changes.
3a. We have all the factory set ups from Porsche for street,competition and racing. We can also do Cup Cars on the aligner.
Have a Carrera GT and want the track set up? The machine has all the settings and is linked to Beisbarth Germany and updates are available as soon as Porsche released them and not a year later when the rest of the aftermarket gets the info.

4. We often double check collision repair work for insurance companies since the machine can check for chassis alignment issues.
If your car has ever been hit and their is a question on the work the aligner can check it.

5. The machine can measure bump steer.

If you are looking for a traditional alignment and you car is completely stock the hunter and bear machines are perfectly capable . They can do a basic alignment.

Hope that helps..

If you are in the area and would like a demo some time please feel free to stop by....

Old 01-26-2008, 07:32 PM
luce is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Westend, Johnsons, GMG, or Lucent....

I need an alignment. From what i gather, GMG has the quality equipment, at a price problaly close to double the rest of the other shops....

Which shop would be the best for the price? I don't mind going to GMG, as long as im getting what i'm paying for, and not just overpaying...
No doubt, westend would be cheapest. $90 regardless the type of car, but it's at least a two week wait time.

You should give Johnson a call though. I haven't been there, but have heard good things about them.

Fabryce, thanks for the info. If I ever have a track dedicated Porsche, I'd invest in that alignment.

Last edited by luce; 01-26-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
I want to add a recommendation for GMG...I've had alignments done by several of the people mentioned on this post. Some of them are quite good in my opinion. However the GMG system and their experience is an excellent combination. If you are driving a TT for heavens sake get the best you can tailored for your car set up and your intended use. And GMG is amongst the best in the business.