996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is anyone making 700 crank HP on pump gas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Any kit can do that. Bad gas = loss

Old 01-12-2008, 12:24 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
exactly
in my experience
too much air+93 oct=bent rods

Originally Posted by Powell
Any kit can do that. Bad gas = loss

Old 01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ari
That's scary. A 650 kit misfired and bent rods? Were you running a 5 bar FPR?

I assume 24/18G turbo?

my rods bent & twisted with a 600-650hp kit... that's why i have a gt700 now

- chuck

Old 01-12-2008, 12:31 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Sorry to hear that happened. But wow, that was a quick bounce back. I remember not too long ago you posting about the car running. Who fixed the motor?
yeah the car was running great installed the 18g turbos 5 bar gt2 ic's plugs v flow evoms diverters. took a customer for a ride smoked the clutch installed new clutch took out for a run and bent the rods i hope i have all the weak points replaced my local porsche dealer did the work has one of the top techs in the nation and hes a great friend of mine

t

Old 01-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by carendt242
my rods bent & twisted with a 600-650hp kit... that's why i have a gt700 now

- chuck
toys you got to love them

Old 01-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by ari
That's scary. A 650 kit misfired and bent rods? Were you running a 5 bar FPR?

I assume 24/18G turbo?
yes 24/18g yes running 5bar

in my experience it was a combo of 93 oct and too much boost and the air temp dropped 30 degs from the previous day

Old 01-12-2008, 12:41 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
check with softronics they have a file for you.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:21 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
i "was" making 560 awhp on pump gas 1.3 bar misfired and bent 2 rods #5&6 ouch. got the car back thursday it now has built internals: pauter rods apr headstuds and proto big fuel injectors cant wait for the weather to clear

t
Sorry to hear about the popped motor. Good luck with the new build. Are you keeping the EBC on the new engine?

Old 01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Sorry to hear about the popped motor. Good luck with the new build. Are you keeping the EBC on the new engine?
tx yes ebc is on the new build just going to keep it down a couple of clicks and tighten up the hi limit warning -o yeah more importantly only use 104 oct

tim

Old 01-12-2008, 08:44 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Originally Posted by colorinc
yes 24/18g yes running 5bar

in my experience it was a combo of 93 oct and too much boost and the air temp dropped 30 degs from the previous day
How much boost were you runnin'?

Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
How much boost were you runnin'?
it peaked around 1.3 bars way too much for pump gas

Old 01-12-2008, 08:52 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Hmmm...that doesn't seem too excessive.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Hmmm...that doesn't seem too excessive.
i know it was quite a shock i think the air temp had a lot to do with it around 35F and whet it compressed under heavy load it was too much thank god i didnt throw a rod out the bottom mucho$$$

Old 01-12-2008, 09:10 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Tim,

How does lower octane, combined with high boost bend rods? I can see how high boost creating too much torque would cause rods to bend, but why would 93 octane gas contribute to this? I was under the impression that low octane with high boost created other issues such as burned pistons, but not bent rods. Could you please explain.

Also, what exactly were the circumstances when this happened? ie. what gear, RPM, speed, throttle, etc.? I'm kind of surprised 1.3 bent rods, as that is the factory safety threshold, but the 24/18's flow a lot more air at 1.3 bar than the OEM turbo configurations...

Good luck with the new build - you should be able to really boost it now!

Old 01-12-2008, 09:14 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
[quote=TKDalumni;1602906]Hmmm...that doesn't seem too excessive.quote]Its not,if that is what Colorinc was actually running.Boost is not the only thing that can hurt the motor,timing in conjunction with boost is a big factor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is anyone making 700 crank HP on pump gas?