996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Last Big Mod................MOTON CLUB SPORT SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 09:21 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Ken your shots show the stock rear sway. Why didn't you install the GT-3?

Old 06-11-2004, 09:42 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Cary,
I cannot imagine how this could get any better than it already is!! So, what do we need to do?

David,
Seatbelts........LOL Yeah, I know. Actually, I want them out but quite frankly just forgot about them. Who has done this? Is there an upper trim piece that will replace the slotted one that the seatbelt feeds through? I guess I really need to do that, huh??!!

All,
I wish to be VERY CLEAR HERE!! I have not, am not and will not flame the PSS-9's. They are NOT a bad product (although the front spring rates could be a little heavier in my opinion). They are a product made for a particular application. My needs exceeded their abilities, and hence they are not suited for my more extreme application, that is all. They were designed for the driver that wants to slightly lower his car, maintain comfortable ride qualities (while still being a little stiffer than stock) and also have some damping adustability. That makes them suitable for many drivers out there. Do not interpret this thread or my other thread as a flame of the PSS-9's, that is simply untrue.

Britt,
I should be available this afternoon if you want to reach out. Yes, I have been wrenching, and sweating with the heat, for the past two days.

Tim,
Thanks for the appreciation. As you know, our conversations are always enjoyable and I KNOW you appreciated probably more than anyone!! When you are ready, call me and we'll go through all that is necessary. I look forward to your data acquisition post.

David (again),
"Now I really do feel bad for the southern hicks because of the upcoming TOD."
Well, that would have been the case anyway!!! LOL

Andrew,
Ron IS a great guy and he is becoming a very good friend of mine. He is very knowledgeable and pays close attention to the details.

Britt (again),
Yes, I wish to thank Xico as well for sharing portions of his installation. It was what tilted my scale in the direction of the Motons!!

Tim (again),
My rear GT3 swaybar is sitting on my foyer floor awaiting the correct bushings from Porsche Motorsport. I am also waiting for the front GT3 bar and its bushings from them as well! My writeup and accolades were all based on the stock swaybars!! Imagine when the bars go in!!! Whoa, I can't wait!

Last edited by KPV; 06-11-2004 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:16 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Incidentally, following are several photos of the other suspensions I looked at:

JRZ

Ohlins

Jic/CROSS

Old 06-11-2004, 10:38 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Awesome work. We are all very glad you are happy.

One of the aspects of my job that I enjoy is interacting with people such as you.

Moton from AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2004, 10:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I'm loving my JICs Ken but holeee schmoleee.. you have to give us a full-on report of the handling once you put some seat time

Old 06-11-2004, 11:54 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Ken, glad to help!, Thanks for dinner
Thanks for the compliment Andrew you are a great guy as well!

Old 06-12-2004, 12:08 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Ken, any concerns about solid connecitons breaking suspension points down the line (since a lot of absorption is gone)?

Old 06-12-2004, 12:35 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Big Mod

Ken,

I'm in the process of switching to the Motons as well(from H&R coilovers). Can you provide a run down of the other components that you used? I noted some ERP parts but I'm not clear on the specifics. Where would I obtain these? Will you be able to compare lap times with this new set-up against the previous? Great right up and very valuable! Thanks!

Last edited by NelsonF; 06-12-2004 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:25 AM
KPV
Tim,
I do not have any concerns about the solid connections. Consider this. The rear suspension subframe is isolated from the main chassis with four big rubber donuts as well. Those are still there, hence offering some compliance. In addition, the rubber connections from the factory, that were replaced as part of this project, were presumably designed in to satisfy the 85th percentile of Porsche buyers. I, and you, am/are not in that category as you know.

I will offer a few more ride characteristics. Firstly, the ride can be a bit jarring over very rough pavement when you are going slowly (like 25-40 mph). Take them fast and the suspension performs very well, as long as your damper settings are proper. Now, the important part, since the car is 157% more stiffly sprung than stock in the front, and presumably similarly in the rear, the car's cornering attitude is very flat. This is so, even with the stock swaybars. Here is the clincher. When the rear tires break free (oversteer), it is much more sudden. You do not have the gradual changing rate of roll angle to assess when the car will break free. I found the tail stepping out on some really tight stuff near my house in the misty rain last night.

Nelson,
Other components....
Rear upper control arms, rear toe link, rear control arm bushings, front control arm bushings.

Old 06-12-2004, 01:38 AM
nman413 is infamous around these parts
Ken, did you say that the JICs were double adjustable?

Sharky, where are you getting your car aligned?

For those who dont want to go all the way to motons, JICs are between the Motons and PSS9s. I'm pretty happy with them although I am still playing with the settings.

Cary, can you PM me with contact info please? I wouldnt mind some input on my car. Thanks!

Old 06-12-2004, 01:57 AM
KPV
The JIC's have a single adjuster which, as I understand, change the compression and rebound damping together at some preset ratio.

Old 06-12-2004, 03:29 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
I HAVE BEEN SEE SAWING FROM getting the bilsteins or the JICs after reading sharky's posts (thanks for the Pm) and Ken's outstanding post on the moton's etc. i will be going with the JIC a bit mor eexepnsive but i think it will be worth it, i do not mind having a harsh ride, and for my situation having 18 inch wheels, meaning i have to go a bit low to get the desired effect, i might be riding on my bumpstops if i go with the bilsteins

so it's JIc all the way, i like the motons but it's way over my budget

greta post , great technical info

and great cf group buy lol

cant stop

im ordering more cf stuff today

Old 06-12-2004, 03:31 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
man u're hardcore!

My Last Big Mod... or My Latest Big Mod...

i think it's typo

Old 06-12-2004, 03:37 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 20C4S
man u're hardcore!

My Last Big Mod... or My Latest Big Mod...

i think it's typo
i agree not last but LATEST BIG MOD LOL
BWAHAHAHA

Old 06-12-2004, 04:22 AM
TC Design is infamous around these parts
Glad you were able to get everything Ken!

-tony

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Last Big Mod................MOTON CLUB SPORT SUSPENSION