996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Last Big Mod................MOTON CLUB SPORT SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 02:27 AM
exoticklr is infamous around these parts
Nice

Old 09-27-2011, 03:47 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
update

I ordered the suspension today through Piper Motorsports in Virginia. 6 to 8 weeks delivery, as they build it to order. With springs and the recommended spring tenders, we are talking a little over $6,000 for parts. I am told that Moton sold their name, and the original guys from the company are building their most updated versions under a new company name called Motion Control Suspension (MCS). That is what I ordered.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 09-27-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Absolutely NOT!!!!!

You should not put 3-4 way shocks on your car for the street. They are built for the track, and while they can handle the street, setting them up after you get them on will cost a lot more money especially going from track to street. Even the 2-way is somewhat overkill for your plans.

Clubsports will do you well.
Heavychevy, you seem to know what you are talking about, so I wanted to ask: Motion and Piper Motorsports recommend 500 lb springs up front and 700 lb on the rear. How does this sound to you, or anyone else who has experience. I will be mainly street-driving with occasional track time, so not to heavy seemed in order. This is not far off of what the OP went with, the variation being 500 lbs up front versus his 450.

PM'd, and answered! Thanks!!

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 10-20-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:06 PM
+1ok

Last edited by landjet; 10-22-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
let us know how it turns out as i will probably be doing the same thing in a near future.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:29 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ard
I run my TT at GT2 heights with a moton 2 way..AND with 265/35-18s up front and no rubbing. (Pick your offsets well...)

A
ard; what offsets are you running with 265's and did you convert to rwd, if not what sizes are the rear?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by pumalex
let us know how it turns out as i will probably be doing the same thing in a near future.
I definitely will. I hope to have some goods pics to contribute when all is said and done.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:34 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
[quote] If you have any photos, I would lover to see them.[quote]

I have pictures of the mounted front canisters but the site wouldn't let me upload them. I sent you a PM, you'll have to let me send them to you by email.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:44 AM
PM re-sent.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Moton is a great suspension set-up!! You guys will love it

Old 04-02-2015, 09:28 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I was having a conversation with a guy from Texas today on another matter and we got into a discussion about suspension on the 996TT. I re-read my old thread and thought I would add a comment. Since I undertook this project, I have since changed out the uprights at the four corners and the front cross member and the front control arms to the GT3RS versions. As much as the Moton suspension improved the handling, these additional parts improved it that much more. I could not ask for more at this point. Simply nirvana. Cary, thanks again.

Aside....
Are any of the "old" members still around here? Wouldn't mind catching up...

All the best,
Ken

Old 04-02-2015, 09:30 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Transformed how?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:26 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Always loved your car!