996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Got car jacked this morning!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 04:28 AM
Erik@Cargraphic is infamous around these parts
!!!!!!!

WOW that sh*t is crazy. Thank god your OK. Things may have turned out way different if you didnt have a gun. I assume FL issues concealed carry permits??? NJ sucks! They haven't issued a concealed carry permit to a private citizen in about 22 years!!!
Glad your OK

Erik

Old 06-12-2004, 04:33 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by ttgangsta
Rave you movin to florida?
I will be living in NY and FL, but will keep my Porsche in FL.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:58 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
How can you live with the Porsche in Florida? Are you going to get a pimp ride for NJ too?

Old 06-12-2004, 05:00 AM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Cool 45

Shawn,
Good ending to an incredible story.
Your life could have taken an unfortunate turn in an instant.
Glad it did not.
Get a .45
Ciao

Last edited by carbonissimo; 06-12-2004 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:18 AM
Andrew708
i am glad youdid what you did,and that you are still around!!

Old 06-12-2004, 05:37 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Shawn, now that you have calmed down and have some perspective on it i'd love to know if you still think you made the right decision. I mean, obviously in hindsight you did because you're fine but the way i'm imagining the situation, you got lucky.

Old 06-12-2004, 05:49 AM
jroy is infamous around these parts
shawn, go for a massage .! chill out this weekend..! close call..

Old 06-12-2004, 06:29 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear you are ok.

Old 06-12-2004, 06:35 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Now that I think of it ... in Canada, the only way to carry a gun in your car is by locking it into a safe in the trunk, with trigger lock (along with numerous permits). Now that would've come in handy!! LMAO. On the other end ... I'm not sure car-jackin' is as trendy up here... lol. I guess us canucks will have to stick with a 6 pack of Canadian beer to turn down the thief.

Old 06-12-2004, 06:43 AM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by offroadr35
Shawn, now that you have calmed down and have some perspective on it i'd love to know if you still think you made the right decision. I mean, obviously in hindsight you did because you're fine but the way i'm imagining the situation, you got lucky.
I could have killed him without out a doubt in my mind. I just did not deem it nessessary. Once he saw I had a gun, I could tell he knew he was screwed.
I was out of the car and did not see him as a threat. I was trained in my firearms class to always try to flee before using deadly force. When his hand came out of his pocket and he was complying, It was his choice wether he was going to live or die.

I feel now I made the right decision, he would have been dead before anything came out of his pocket.

Old 06-12-2004, 06:47 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
You should have just put a round in his tire and told him to lie on the ground face down or the next round would be in his head.

Old 06-12-2004, 07:53 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"Dixie Hwy / Oakland Park corner"

DUH! That is hands down THE worst place in all of Ft Laud. That ranks right up there with Liberty City in Miami (if not worse!).

BTW Shawn, good going getting him out of the car without messing up your interior with dirtbag guts.

Old 06-12-2004, 08:10 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
glad you are okay bro! That is very scary Thank GOD!!

Old 06-12-2004, 08:12 AM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
That's crazy! Shawn you did the right thing by not shooting! I think I would have stepped out of the car leaving the keys and taking the gun and just walked away, as long as you're safe it's not worth taking a life for a Porsche, even scum like that.

Old 06-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Joe West is infamous around these parts
Glad to see the good guys win one... and even happier to see you have your Concealed Carry Weapon permit.

I keep a Sig P245 with me (Arizona CCW) for protection and I hope like Hell I never have to use it. Even if you are in the right... having to shoot someone could ruin your life, at a minimum it could cost you a great deal of money defending yourself in court.

Also... just a reminder, anything you post here could be used against you (or any other BBS member) so be particularly careful about what you say in a public forum.

Glad to hear it turned out well...

Kind Regards,

Joe West

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got car jacked this morning!!!!!!