996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BOV Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 02:00 AM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
BOV Installed

Taking Sharkster's advice, George at Akkurat was kind enough to squeeze me in and install their BOV on my TT yesterday. Sounds awesome!! Thanks guys.

Old 06-12-2004, 02:03 AM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
details & cost? please pm

Old 06-12-2004, 02:04 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Going on my car Tues. next week!!
That thing plus my cat and muffler bypasses should make a nice BBQ
Evan

Old 06-12-2004, 02:09 AM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
its pretty cool, only problem is now I am racing around trying to keep the boost up so it blows off.... probably wear my brakes out over the weekend

Old 06-12-2004, 02:21 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
You have a 6speed correct??? I know its been on a tip (Alex), but was curious to see if it worked just as well on a 6speed....
Evan

Old 06-12-2004, 02:40 AM
yup she's a 6speed, works very well.

Old 06-12-2004, 03:33 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
what is the difference between the Akkurat system and the SP one?

Old 06-12-2004, 07:39 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
SPE's mounts where the oem placement is while the akkurat's mounts with a flange positioned at the y-pipe right before the intake. Both can vent back to intake trac or vent to atm.

If you want to get crazy, buy both, and run dual SSBOV setups!

Old 06-12-2004, 07:48 AM
Weazel is infamous around these parts
Not only that, but they are 2 different blowoff valves. The one Akkurat offers is a racing blowoff valve.

Old 06-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Banned
While the kits do come with different HKS BOVs, they are interchangeable... in other words, you can put the SSBOV in the Akkurat kit and you can put the Racing II in the SPE kit.

I'm leaning towards the SSBOV due to its superior response. I think it should flow just enough to be adequate for my lowly 455rwhp/505rwtq. What do you think, Alex?

If I were one of you high hp guys, I'd run both the SSBOV and Racing II... 3 responses, 3 valves sizes, and 3 flow capacities... a bit of a overkill, but that'd be the ultimate!

Old 06-12-2004, 08:55 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by fasteddiett
its pretty cool, only problem is now I am racing around trying to keep the boost up so it blows off.... probably wear my brakes out over the weekend
Haha I told you man.. it's addictive. I think everyone around me must be going "WTF is that idiot doing"... I'm exactly the same...

Old 06-12-2004, 08:58 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I'll have a picutre for you guys.. For version 2, the position of the BOV flange was moved down a nothc so that I could turn the BOV facing out about 85% for even better sound. Also, since the y-pipe is out, it got painted a nice shiny black color to spruce up the engine bay. I'm guessing you can have them paint it red, yellow, blue whatever... or polished. I think Fred is doing polished...

Old 06-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Weazel is infamous around these parts
On the Akkurat kit, do people have to send the y-pipe in to weld the flange on, or does it come as a kit? By the way, SPE one comes with everything you need!

Old 06-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Banned
Originally posted by SP_wEaZeL
On the Akkurat kit, do people have to send the y-pipe in to weld the flange on, or does it come as a kit? By the way, SPE one comes with everything you need!
Akkurat sends you the y-pipe, and you send in yours... no down time.

Old 06-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Banned
For those of you 6-speeders with this setup, do you notice a slight sluggishness inbetween shifts? Should be very subtle if it exists at all.

I know for Audi S4, when you vent to atm, you will get a slight sluggishness between shifts... just for a slit second, but it's there. Ended up pulling it out and going with bailey valves to cure the issue b/c it vents back to intake. The slight stumble is due to the momentary rich state when venting to atm with a MAF setup, as it is on our cars.

I am dying to drop the buck on a HKS BOV vent-to-atm setup, but I need to know for sure that there is no performance tradeoff. Otherwise, I'd have to vent back to intake trac, which kills the BOV soundtrack.

Alex, do you guys include the necessary hardware to have a choice to vent to atm or vent to intake... basically, the plugs to plug up the return-vent tubes.

Last edited by StephenTi; 06-12-2004 at 10:17 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BOV Installed