996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

evo stg 3 clutch + aasco lwfw + gt2 clutch assist delete = WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
How far along are you "braking" this in?

Originally Posted by carendt242
i drove it through the city today - no flywheel noise that i could hear (the fabspeed has made me somewhat deaf though )

this set-up is soooooo much better than before. w/ the old set-up, backing up was an extreme pain in the *** - the whole car would shake. now it just backs up, no shake...

if nothing else breaks, my car will be fun this summer

- chuck

Old 01-16-2008, 06:37 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
80 miles or so...

Old 01-17-2008, 01:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Shark i may have to take you up on this offer as my next mod is looking to be a LWFW and possible clutch. I can't stand the clutch assist.
You bet Colby.. it's here most days

Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I'm deleting mine as we speak (custom lines and fittings to plug thins have been a bit of a pain), but am anxious to see the results. Glad to hear you setup turned out great, I'm looking for the same results with less pressure on the pedal with the Tilton in the end. The best part you just dropped some weight in the process as well.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:11 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
update:

i haven't hit the magical 500 mile mark yet (at 400 or so) but this clutch/flywheel/delete combo can't be beat. there's no rattle whatsoever. car is sooooo easy to drive - i've got quite a few city miles (San Francisco), even up the hills, and it's pretty easy to engage the clutch and take off.

w/ the (newer) GT700 LWFW programming, you can pretty much (slowly) release the clutch and the car will take off with its own torque. it's very easy to find the engagement point, even on a hill, and slowly take off.

happy happy happy.... (happier tomorrow when i finish breaking this thing in!)

- chuck

Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
update:

i haven't hit the magical 500 mile mark yet (at 400 or so) but this clutch/flywheel/delete combo can't be beat. there's no rattle whatsoever. car is sooooo easy to drive - i've got quite a few city miles (San Francisco), even up the hills, and it's pretty easy to engage the clutch and take off.

w/ the (newer) GT700 LWFW programming, you can pretty much (slowly) release the clutch and the car will take off with its own torque. it's very easy to find the engagement point, even on a hill, and slowly take off.

- chuck
Hey neighbor ... you think I can check it out when you're done with the magical 500 mile mark?

Old 02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
update:

- chuck
Good to hear my Prodigy-lovin' friend Let me know. I honestly think the way you trianed yourself on the last set up you could drive a CGT clutch blindfolded and with your legs tied together!

I'm just _waiting_ till our clutch gives out so that I can put a LWF in....

Old 02-08-2008, 12:39 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sharkster
Good to hear my Prodigy-lovin' friend Let me know. I honestly think the way you trianed yourself on the last set up you could drive a CGT clutch blindfolded and with your legs tied together!

I'm just _waiting_ till our clutch gives out so that I can put a LWF in....
Shark, which clutch are you currently running?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
Hey neighbor ... you think I can check it out when you're done with the magical 500 mile mark?
absolutely - will be broke in tonight so PM me w/ some times that will work for you. next week or 2 is a little hectic but i'll see if we can make something work.

- chuck

Old 02-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
I honestly think the way you trianed yourself on the last set up you could drive a CGT clutch blindfolded and with your legs tied together!
if i weren't so lazy, and got a job, maybe we could test that theory

- chuck

Old 02-09-2008, 04:57 PM
broke it in today. i don't think i've driven this car *fast* for 2 months b/c i was blown away by the acceleration on 91 needless to say, clutch grabs hard enough to give you whiplash on 1->2nd and 2->3rd shifts. SF was not safe this morning.

- chuck

Old 02-09-2008, 05:35 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
broke it in today. i don't think i've driven this car *fast* for 2 months b/c i was blown away by the acceleration on 91 needless to say, clutch grabs hard enough to give you whiplash on 1->2nd and 2->3rd shifts. SF was not safe this morning.

- chuck

Glad to see you enjoying the car man, always great to be satisfied with a setup

Old 04-19-2008, 01:52 PM
just thought i'd post an update: probably 1500 miles later, clutch/LWFW set-up is excellent. very little, if any, rattle, even with the AC on (when most LWFW cars rattle most.) i haven't really perfected the art of taking off quickly but, unlike my previous clutch, i have perfected the art of taking off

absolutely recommended set-up.

- chuck

Old 04-20-2008, 05:14 AM
Miles965UK is infamous around these parts
I have the LWFW on my 965 and its completely fine.

My 996TT has a dual mass jobbie and ive just got hold of another 964RS FW which I am just about to put on, which I thought is also going to be fine
until reading this thread.

What is this clutch assist delete and how do you get rid of it?

Also whats 'wrong' with the 964FW is it too light/heavy?? I was happy with the 965 setup i thought of even going for a more extreme lighter flywheel.

BTW My 996TT is 90% track,10% street

Cheers
Miles