996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW STAGE 4 KITS: When will they run?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
ps. and no Im not taking tuners sides by siding with Jean. I have said publicly that KPG/Topgun will have the best motors to date....
C-mon Your not gonna get me on that one , two no's = yes ...tom

Old 01-17-2008, 05:17 PM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
I'm going to take Jean's side on this one because nothing in his 2 posts were anti UWM or anti anyone else.... if anything he used 2 Euro tuner's cars as examples... he probably saw it first hand. I know Proto has had problems with R&D and some engines had to come apart at least twice.... I know that Evoms as well as Proto are/had problems with the 3.8L kits as well. I know my motor would be pushing considerably more HP had Todd known back then what he knows now. I don't see it how you guys are connecting the dots... that Jean is out to do some harm to someone online. He, of all the people is right on this one... and for those who never built a 996 or 993TT motor you guys have no idea what the builders and OWNERS go thru. just ask KPG. I will start by saying that I didn't know if my car was ever going to start when Todd called me and said that he cant get it to fire due to the different cam pick up points. Well a week later he figured it out. Maybe a build out like mine, KPG's, Jean's, TOPGUN'S,Craigs, JOE'S, ETC. is a huge undertaking and things do go wrong. I wish I could speak for others but lets come clean on our own projects before we bash someone for stating the fact.. and the fact is that this is not as easy as some think... and things do not always go as planned... and it takes a long time. Proto came thru, so did evoms, and Im sure Kevin will too if things need to be redone...
just my opinion...
markski
ps. and no Im not taking tuners sides by siding with Jean. I have said publicly that KPG/Topgun will have the best motors to date....
Your right, he didn't say anything to wrong this time... but he sticks his nose in nearly any UMW thread and makes a "comment", not positive, not negative... but definitely not positive... I would have bet money that he would post in that thread... he did. I should have bet.

I don't know Jean, maybe he is cool in person!

Seth.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Man S.O.S every time . First cracked then massaged each others' nuts.

Last edited by vincentdds; 01-17-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Jean's post does not seem aimed at UMW or anyone else to me, and I don't see any passive agression either. On the other hand, SlowMotion's posts have soured this otherwise interesting thread.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:20 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
+2. JCB
++3....I enjoy Jeans post, but he is passive aggressive to the utmost

Marty and Jean do make a cute couple though

Good luck Kevin...We all know you da man!

Old 01-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
C-mon Your not gonna get me on that one , two no's = yes ...tom
I'm not trying to get anyone...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Jean's post does not seem aimed at UMW or anyone else to me, and I don't see any passive agression either. On the other hand, SlowMotion's posts have soured this otherwise interesting thread.
I'm certain we will see some stage IV action in the near future! It will be a good time, and it will be a more useful thread. Right now it's all speculation, and we have to endure the waiting, I'm certain it will be worth it.

I won't be sour on the next round, I promise.

Seth

Old 01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
+++1

click to view

Old 01-17-2008, 05:35 PM
+++1
Surely I'm not the only one that has noted Jean's I'll "agree to mostly dissagree" posts when it comes to anything UMW... the endless, "yeah, but" kinda posts.

I agree, he said nothing wrong here, but I'm certain he was about to! hehehe.

Seth

Old 01-17-2008, 05:37 PM
His choice of bolding in his first post lead me to beleive he had more to say...

Old 01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Lets be honest folks... why is this thread even here? Do we even think that Marty was actually interested in our build,and if so why not just a PM,email or a phone call...he has mine. This was public for a reason, and thats fine with me...but lets not kid ourselves about the motives

Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Jean is a straight shooter.Sort of like the Fox news of 6Speed...Fair and Balanced

Old 01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Lets be honest folks... why is this thread even here? Do we even think that Marty was actually interested in our build,and if so why not just a PM,email or a phone call...he has mine. This was public for a reason, and thats fine with me...but lets not kid ourselves about the motives
KPG,

I wouldn't worry about it. KA is going on four years next month.

I really look forward to seeing what Kevin comes up with. Our own completion is getting real close. I figure we will be somewhere north of 415 hp.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Amen brutha!!! The mere existence of this thread reflects a passive aggressive attack of UMW. Marty could have obtained the requested information through a direct phone call or PM, but he instead elected to start this public thread for the transparent purpose of embarrassing UMW -- he wanted to focus public attention on the delay associated with UMW's Stage IV kit, for the obvious purpose of embarrassing UMW. By way of analogy, if KPG was curious why we have not heard a word about Mark's car in six plus months, or if he wanted to obtain details regarding the rumored numerous problems encountered with Mark's car, he could either: (1) call Mark and ask him; (2) send Mark a PM; or (3) start a public thread so as to compel Mark to defend the problems publicly. Likewise, if Joe wanted to know why it is that Rob's car still is not finished (or why we have not heard anything about Rob's car in months), even though Rob posted back in May that his car was supposedly completed then, Joe could either: (1) call Rob and ask him; (2) send Rob a PM; or (3) start a public thread so as to compel Rob to defend the delays publicly. I suggest to you that alternatives (1) and (2) are the more appropriate course for an inquiry of this nature, and Marty should have pursued that route rather than focusing public attention on UMW and forcing them to publicly defend their methods.

That being said, I personally do not see anything offensive about Jean's posts in this thread -- he merely pointed out that high HP engine builds are fraught with complications; an observation which is arguably supportive of UMW's stated desire to proceed cautiously.

Regards,

Craig

Old 01-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Well said Craig.
BTW, KPg knew what's going on with my car... LOl
2 boost leaks, new turbos, over ported cracked plenum.... new oil lines... wrong gasket reordered caused a leak(on the plenum).
car is running

mark

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW STAGE 4 KITS: When will they run?