996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Labor charge for turbo swap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Crazy unless I just had a set installed less than 2k miles ago...

I know, I know, back then I didn't know I was going to get addicted like you freaks and rip out the turbos.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LiNks
Yea, I was subscribed to that whole thread, and honestly after reading other posts on here by the same people who were on that, I am not a big fan of forum chat. I didnt bring my car to Eddies shop, I brought my car to RPM. I feel more then comfortable.

I am not the type to judge any person/product by forum chat until I have tried it myself.

Unless its like Markski giving knowlege/info on his experience or something like that, i def pay attention then.
+1, Eddie is very good at what he does, making water cooled turbos **** on their pants that is, cheers!!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sonny
+1, Eddie is very good at what he does, making water cooled turbos **** on their pants that is, cheers!!
Yeah but its a lot easier to do the air cooled TTs... and tune them for that matter... if it was that easy it would not take him 7 years after the production of the first 996tt to start tuning it...
With that said I think his own cars are a labor of love and I like what I see.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Yeah but its a lot easier to do the air cooled TTs... and tune them for that matter... if it was that easy it would not take him 7 years after the production of the first 996tt to start tuning it...
With that said I think his own cars are a labor of love and I like what I see.
I drink to that!, cheers, Sonny.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:33 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
LOL fair enough, I have all you need except I am 6hours north!, I will be doing it soon and I will do a DIY and post pics..

Old 01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
hly
hly is infamous around these parts
Not sure if KMD Tuning is good with Porsches, but they are pretty reputable in the Audi world. And when I was there last weekend, I saw a 996tt with its engine pulled out. I would give Danny a call to find out how much he charges.
Also check out Protosport?

Old 02-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
Where can we find a tech article on replacing the trurbo's?