996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Changing a 996 turbo color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
that is what i am trying to do but i live in a poor province, i am asking 5k below what the rest of the market is and i don't get a single phone call. Obviously, up here it isn't the right season but i have the feeling i will have a hard time selling it even this spring. Plus, with the fact that the canadian money is so high compared to the US, everyone imports them so nobody buy them local.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pumalex
that is what i am trying to do but i live in a poor province, i am asking 5k below what the rest of the market is and i don't get a single phone call. Obviously, up here it isn't the right season but i have the feeling i will have a hard time selling it even this spring. Plus, with the fact that the canadian money is so high compared to the US, everyone imports them so nobody buy them local.
At the end of the day, you might have to take a small loss. It all comes down to how much is less headache and your happiness worth? Also, no more chasing swirls if you buy a lighter colored or maetallic car In the grand scheme of life, this is a small bleep. Sell it, take a little loss, buy another p-car, and be happy

Old 01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CAPTLST
Yes it would KILL the value. If you are tha sick of the color why don't you get the car wrapped. Then you get a different look for not a whole bunch of money
How much does it cost to wrap a car? Where would I get this done?

Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 AM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
I found this article on paint colors and cars.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...Nob3QtY29sb3Jz

By the way, how much more can our cars depreciate? I think it is like any other mod. You spend good money on it, but then when you try to sell it, you don't really get back anything close to what was spent.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:39 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Hey I am in Canada! But Black is not my first choice....just like silver might not be yours!
I am only 5 hours west of you, and no taxes or duties

Old 01-23-2008, 03:48 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kilrgt
Hey I am in Canada! But Black is not my first choice....just like silver might not be yours!
I am only 5 hours west of you, and no taxes or duties
well if you don't like black, i am not in a better situation than i was

Old 01-23-2008, 05:22 PM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
That orange is hot

Originally Posted by jrgatfh
Oh and we did all the work from start to finish in exactly 2 1/2 days which is quite amazing too!
How much would your guy charge one of us to paint our cars orange or one of the newer colors? Where is he located?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
Hes located in Mineola, NY which is in Long Island about 30 min from the city. It all depends on how far you want to take it and the quality of work you want done (EX. cutting corners or not) and what color. The color won't change the price dramtically only a little

Old 01-24-2008, 07:46 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
I got a price quote for under $3k to vinyl the whole car. Just an FYI since nobody answered my question and I thought others might want to know

Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
$3k seems about righ. There is a really good vinyl guy up here and he quotes people 3k to wrap cars....I woulda told you that but I didnt see your post sorry.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:55 PM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
I totally get what you mean about washing the black car. I'm **** about keeping the car fairly clean, and I do my own detailing. With my black 996, I was cleaning it nearly twice a week!

After I bought my artic silver 996TT, I spend less than half the amount of time keeping the silver car clean. I vote for the GT3 RS Orange color if you're going to re-paint your car. As long as you document everything about the paint process, and pick a cool color like that Porsche orange, I don't think you'll lose too much on resale. People are mostly just concerned that you painted it to hide accident damage.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Dodo is infamous around these parts
Have it wrapped in foil in color of your choice or deco. People can't tell it from 1ft+ away. You can remove it practically with a hair dryer any time you want without any damage to the original paint. It protects the paint as well. It's getting quite popular in Europe.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:15 PM
votrix is infamous around these parts
Here's my question ... How much of a value hit would a repaint/color change have?

I'm in the market for a white 911TT and have seen a few in the $50k range. While other colors like Grey, Silver, Black I have found some in the $40 range.

Ultimately I'd let to get the TechArt kit on the car and I own an Auto Body shop so I would do all the work myself and I'd like to think that I do quality work.

So ... is the white 911Y worth the extra $10k? What about $15k? Would a repaint drop that value of a 911TT $5-10k?

Old 03-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Once you go black you never go back!

Well at least that is what I say on my 3rd day of having the car!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
If striipping the car to a bare shell makes economic sense, then go for it. Otherwise you'll take a hit for a color change.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Changing a 996 turbo color