996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Insurance...Again...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I have four cars with AAA and they're charging me $1800 just for the TT....no tickets or accidents....senior driver too....I think I need to shop around. This seems high compared to you other folks.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
definately shop round....

I found the AAA to also be way out of line rate wise for the TT - like you I'm a 'mature' driver with no tickets etc.
Found Geico to be good also.
FYI I pay just over $2000 per year for all the cars listed in my sig.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
KGL: That was one sobering couple of paragraphs....I never thought of it in those terms....but you're right, and I'm confident that you've seen the scenario played out in your conference room. I'm going to take a look at my policy. Given that scenario, you'd almost want to eat a bullet.

TimF: I pay over $4K for all the cars, motorhome etc. I sat down with AAA today and am looking for info on classic car insurance on the 930 forum. Thru an "administrative error", they had me paying premiums on the 996 that burned becasue I had bought it back and sold it to Mfletch, so the insurance folks reinstated the policy becasue I technically still owned it when I bought it back. Needless to say, I have a credit coming.

Last edited by Chuck Jones; 01-31-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Less than 6k a year driving
3rd vehicle
500 deductable
100/300
Clean record
$1,200 a year

Old 02-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Topless TTS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 0396
I live in LA and ONLY wish I had those rates! I have 5 other cars on the same policy and I still have to pay $3500.00 a year / 2500 miles just for my 03 GT2...Go figure!

I AM in LA and pay $792/6mo with GEICO ($500 deduct/$500k limits on bodinjur and uninsured...no tix/accid).......You may consider shopping around.

FYI - I would have to wholeheartedly support the issues brought up by kglesq regardng inappropriate coverage. Being a surgeon at a major medical center, I can tell anyone will easily exceed $100k for significant injuries in an accident that would potentially not even be covered by an underinsured motorist. Furthermore, it was my experience that increasing to more appropriate limits then had been prior ($100k recommended by agent) was only a minimal increase in the actual rate (e.g. $50/6mo for both TT and wifes SUV). Every member of this site (assuming they have high end cars, net worth etc) should heed this advice.

just my 2cents....

Old 02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
shadow996 is infamous around these parts
I pay $1100 per year with State Farm.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:15 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Shadow, what are the particulars of your policy. If you don't mind of course.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.