996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hyperboost Diverter Valves for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Hyperboost Diverter Valves for 996TT

Vivid Racing now carries the Hyperboost Diverter Valves for the Audi, VW, and Porsche turbocharged vehicles. Hyperboost has designed these unique piston and spring valve to help keep boost pressure consistant. Where the stock diverter valve leaks boost causing a loss in power, these valves hold the pressure strong all the way to redline. As tested in one of our customers Porsche 996TT, the valves kept a consistant boost pressure at 1.1 bar. Unlike the previous diverter valves, these actually increase horsepower because of the ability to hold pressure.

Valves are sold individually and can be seen here at our site -
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/hyperboost-m-409.html

Old 01-23-2008, 04:44 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
what about boost to 1.4 bar? Also, how do you maintain them?

Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I ran it in mine at 1.3 bar. 1.4 bar is not a problem.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
Are 2 of these needed for the 996TT? Also, how do you adjust the amount of pressure to hold?

Last edited by Valley996TT; 01-23-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Add question
Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Running consistently at 1.4 is NOT a problem? I'm curious about the nomenclature of this product...."Hyperboost"....how is this any different than a Forge, Bailey, or EVOM performance diverter valve with the CNC construction and spring/piston setup? What puts these DVs into a "Hyperboost" category?

Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
What's the difference between this and Forge DV?

I'm only a n00b but I thought that as long as the DVs don't leak (which the stock ones tend to do), then they are all pretty much the same?

The Forge ones come with different springs which allows you to tune how many bars it would hold.

Don't get me wrong Dan, just trying to clarify here ...

Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor
2 valves are needed just like factory. My 2 favorite valves are these and Forge. I have not tested Baileys. I have used EVOMS as well. I have used our own Agency Power single unit too.

What sets these HyperBoost valves apart is the spring stiffness, piston design, seals, etc. What happens with other valves (not Forge) is that the piston does not seal. So under boost why it is trying to stay close, air gets past the seal and leaks boost out. Loss of boost is a loss of power. Just because it is billet does not mean it is good.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
What puts these DVs into a "Hyperboost" category?
That would be marketing...it sounds as though these are the same as Forge. Of course, IMO, most (sic. none) of the billet DVs do not leak significantly enough to warrant any loss of boost. In fact, the stock DVs work quite well until they rupture

Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor
We did not name them. They have been around for probably about 5 years. I would agree on marketing. But what isnt? We decided to bring them into our offering as they are cheaper then the Forge. So we now have 2 great products and 2 different price points.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
OK, that answers my question...I don't want to start any sort of point-counterpoint issues....just wanted to know if the Hyperboost was something more than "Hype-rboost"....apparently not. Actually, my car was doing quite well on the stock DV's....and I changed them out for no other reason than reading about how the diaphram on the stock ones would fail....but in reality, I don't see much difference in performance with the new ones.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor
Like most valves, HyperBoost were made to enhance the current ones on the market. But DV's at general are a MUST on the 996TT. If you can datalog boost or even do it on a dyno, you can see the boost pressure spike at its peak (K16 flashed lets say 1.0bar) then drop down about .2-.3 bar. The DV's help keep the boost consistant as they have a stiffer spring that holds the piston closed till you get off the throttle. The factory DV is that diaphram design. 1 which will wear out and fail, and 2 just does not hold the boost. Part of Boost Bleed is with the factory EBC as well, but most is from the valves. Usually the first mod people do on any car running a diverter valve with a diaphram is upgrade it.

Chuck I would like to send you a new set of valves so you can see the difference.