996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BBS RS-GT ... diamond black?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 12:19 AM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
AMG ETR where did you get the BBS mag wheels? Pics!!

Old 06-17-2004, 01:32 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
To: gneypiks - RS6

Read my write up on the RS6 compared to 996TT

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&highlight=RS6

Old 06-17-2004, 02:20 AM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
The BBS doesn't look right for some reason. I would go for the 19" 543's myself...

Old 06-17-2004, 02:33 AM
I kinda like the HRE Competition C20s ... hadn't seen these before. Anyone have any pics of these on a black car? I guess they look quite a bit like a few of the BBS wheels which are probably lighter and cheaper too. Hmm...

Old 06-17-2004, 02:46 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a nice pic of The RS-GT on a G35. It is not so dark as to be "too" dark, but a nice mix between regular silver and black. It's still glossy as well. In almost every case I have seen, they look better than the silver because they offset the silver lip. I like to tell people the color is like pencil lead. The fronts are 20.7 lbs and the rear are about 2 lbs more. They also have a 10 year structural and 2 year finish warranty which is unheard of in the wheel industry. In tests the runout is also better in this wheel than an HRE. Everyone I sell these to agree they are like jewelry to look at. The RGR and RE wheels are lighter, but don't fit your car.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Displ...k+w%2FMach+Lip

As for the PS2, they average about 2 lbs lighter than the pilot Sport. A GREAT tire.

Attached Images  

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 06-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
BBS RG-R/RS-GT wheels look great in Diamond Black. They compare pretty closely to the stock M5 wheels. It's got this dark luster to it that's hard to describe and doesn't come out all too well in photos.

Here's a close-up pic of the RG-Rs that I have which is a one-piece version of the RS-GTs (lighter).

Can't go wrong with BBS.

(socal28.com)

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 06-17-2004 at 03:10 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:37 AM
Those are some sweet wheels for sure ... just not sure I like the look on a black car. Hard to tell from the pics though. Hmm, decision decisions.

Old 06-17-2004, 01:22 PM
NWturbo, those RS-GTs are 18s right? If so, what are the widths?

Old 06-17-2004, 02:54 PM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
Widths

They are:

18x8.5 and 18x11.

They are light. Not too expensive either - about US $2800. Alot cheaper than the US $4,000 I paid for the HREs.....sold those with a sigh of relief (no more religious cleaning and polishing).

Good luck.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
IMO, these specific BBS wheels do not look great on a 996.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Agree somewhat

I do agree that the BBS RS-GT are not the BEST looking wheels but for me, they are light and easy to maintain. Better looking than stock wheels.

I've had the popular HRE 543R set-up. They look GREAT but for me, I no longer have the patience to clean and polish them every week.

To each his own.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Just picked up a set from Akkurat...

In direct sunlight the diamond black centers look almost silver.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Chronos is infamous around these parts
I bet those diamond black BBS would look great on my C2!

Decisions, decisions...

Old 07-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry guys, I missed this thread.

The RS-GT is available in size 18x8 ET 50 and 18x11 ET 45 for all 993/996 wide. These should be the stock specs on the 996T/C4S. Diamond black is avail as a stocking item (which is already on backorder) and Diamond silver is avail via 6-8 week special order.

Benjamin is right, the diamond black is most similar to that of an E39 M5 or E46 M3 18" factory wheel - almost like a graphite or pencil-lead grey metallic. Bright in direct sunlight, dark in all other lights.

Set price for either color is 2999/set plus shipping.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***

Last edited by Wheel Experts; 07-02-2004 at 01:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:42 AM
nash is infamous around these parts
The BBS RS-GT is a beautiful wheel. Seen here on my S4, they always get high compliments. The diamond black center looks great on silver/grey color cars (might be a bit odd on black, but not sure) and the polished lip really stands out. The lip on a 996TT would be even more prominent.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BBS RS-GT ... diamond black?