996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evolution Motorsports New Release: Evoms Gt660 Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:09 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
I was fortunate to be the first to get this kit. Evolution Motorsports used my car as the test mule and lets just say I am very pleased with the outcome.

Evoms installed a supercharger in my M3 and while doing so I hung around the shop and watched what they were doing with the all the P-cars and was very impressed. So I bought a 2004 996tt and asked them what they could do for me. Well it just so happened that they needed a car to test the new GT660 kit and of course I said OK!!!!

Mind you this is my very first Porsche and I drove it stock for about 1000 miles. I talked to Mike for quite some time about this kit because I really wanted the car to be a very reliable daily driver. I wanted it to drive like a stock 996tt until I mashed on the pedal. When I first drove the car, I drove it very easy down surface streets and it felt no different than my car before I took it to them. I was pleased, and the clutch with out assist was just so much better. I entered the freeway and started to accelerate in third gear than hit it hard and I just could not believe the power and torque. I could not get the huge grin off my face for days. I got home and my wife asked why I was smiling. I gave her a ride and she understood completely.

I have put around 1000 miles on the car and she runs perfectly. Crazy fast that I am finally getting used to. The power is surprisingly linear and very manageable. Turbo lag, well I can tell you it is no different than stock. When I put my foot down, the acceleration is instant and the torque is absurd.

I must say that I was at Evoms just about everyday during the installation. I was probably in the way but they were so tolerant. I drank their coffee and loitered in their showroom for hours. It is so easy to hang out there. Mike and the rest of the staff were simply awesome, trying to explain how everything worked.

Mike.... you have a great job!
I would like to thank the rest of the crew as well. Joe who did my installation very meticulously and John the master tech and Todd who once I actually saw pick up a wrench and adjust something under my car. You guys run a top notch shop. I am putting you all on my christmas list.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Captain Tal is infamous around these parts
Holy Moly.
Makes me wish I had a virgin Turbo to ravage and repair her with these upgrades. She would be a bad girl.

Nice job Todd, Mike, Nate and the gang.

Last edited by Captain Tal; 01-25-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Congrats guys, looks like a great kit. Those pump numbers look stunning! Get us some times.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I like the custom hot side on those turbos.. looks like Tial did it again

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-26-2008, 06:42 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
This is a great kit fellas. Nice work.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Install another fuel pump (Bosch) or just replace the stock one w/ the aeromotive and you will have a 700 kit...w/ new turbos that are, apparently, faster spooling.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Banned
mike@evo is infamous around these parts
First off I want to thank everyone for the great comments! I am at PIR today posting this from my phone so I am going to keep it short and sweet...

YES,they are the NEW GT series Turbos that EVO/TIAL have been working on for 3 years. These turbos use a design like no other and ramp up just as fast as the new VTG turbos used on the 997TT.

I will post the dynos and the VTG vs. EVOMS/TIAL Boost curve on Monday!

This kit does not have a Race fuel file although you can obviously put Race fuel in the car! If you would like a Race fuel file you will need to go with the GT700 Kit.

Have a good day!

Mike VIA Phone @ PIR

Old 01-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
The only downside that I see from a Stage IV is the install...Flueling = ++ Labor

Old 01-26-2008, 08:56 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Looks like a great "daily driver Kit", and one that will be quite fast
as well. Good luck with this and enjoy it flat footed often.

Marty K.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:20 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The only labor involved that would be different than a stage 4 would be the injectors. You can do a partial drop and access them. That will be the only real difference in stall time between them.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PorschePhd
The only labor involved that would be different than a stage 4 would be the injectors. You can do a partial drop and access them. That will be the only real difference in stall time between them.
I got it,

Thanks!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:49 AM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Perhaps a dumb question, but would a kit like this, and higher HP kits, pass CA emissions?
Im asking because Im dying to upgrade, but hate fighting smog issues at registration time.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:53 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
From a visal point there is nothing that would tip them off. The system will still comply with emssion levels as do all the kits.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 AM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
From a visal point there is nothing that would tip them off. The system will still comply with emssion levels as do all the kits.

Visually I wasnt worried, just wasnt sure about the emission level part.
Thanks for the info! Now its decision time

Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
hi its me arya is infamous around these parts
Jesus I wanna get a TT so bad now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports New Release: Evoms Gt660 Kit