996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Iforged vs HRE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 02:05 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Iforged vs HRE

What is the difference between those two besides the price and the brand name? They look exactly the same, and I heard they are manufactured in the same place?

Old 06-17-2004, 02:10 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
they don't look the same & they're different in many ways.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
they aren't manufactured in the same place, no matter what anyone says

they used to use the same rim supplier but HRE is switching to a new company, but they may still have some of the old pieces.

All of the 6061 blank forgings are produced by the same company

All the paint is done by the same company

the design, cutting, assembly, customer service, and QC is completely different - this is where the difference is made

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 06-17-2004, 03:36 AM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
The main difference would have to be that HRE has a great reputation, iForged does not.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:57 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by alexWS6
The main difference would have to be that HRE has a great reputation, iForged does not.
Good point. Besides, Peter is very active here and gives excellent service as do the others who sell HRE. I have repeatedly emailed I-Forged and have never received a response. Pay up if you like the design and get the HRE's.

LOu

Old 06-17-2004, 04:02 AM
GO 6SPEED!
Iforged actually replied my email....

he offers 22x10 for my C-S with 2"front lip and 2.5" rear lip. Honestly I like HRE alot more, but HRE does not offer the size I want.

not sure what I am getting...

Old 06-17-2004, 05:15 AM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
My iForged rims are coming in a couple of weeks.

I'll be able to tell you guys if the finish is on par with HRE. As to durability, I'll report on that as time goes by. HREs, however, aren't without their own problems. But HRE's service, from what I've heard, is pretty good, and that's not surprising considering that they are a larger company.

As to iForged's responsiveness, I've had constant email communication with them without any delay. The real test will be how responsive they are if something goes awry.

Old 06-17-2004, 06:30 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
i have seen both wheels and can say that design wise they do look different, as for the quality i would say they are top notch in the polished, anodized and painted finishes like the HRE. the brushed finish isn't as nice. i too looked into them and found out all the testing they do to the wheels and found out they hold up as well as the HRE as far as strength if not better (meaning i heard the HRE GT3 wheel had a few cases of cracking). obviously the company is alot smaller so customer service will probably suffer since operation costs must be minimal, but that would obviously reflect in their price which is almost half. HRE's are highly priced, but you pay for the operation and marketing cost in the wheel. i think people might mistake them for the knock off guys like the By Design TE wheel company that doesn't do any strength testing or research on their wheels, which is damn scary if you ask me. the tooling used like the CNC machines are all the same so the centers would just come down to how much strength testing is done and how appealing the designs are or the weight. Most 3 piece wheel companys don't make their own lips like HRE so they purchase them from the sam e guy. HRE, Giovanna and I-Forged use the same supplier. I have HRE's on my car because it was the style i wanted, but i would feel confident about I-Forged if they had what i was looking for. i also think the Giovanna GF line of 3 piece wheels are also as good a quality as HRE, but they look heavy and designs are bling bling.

Last edited by Don Relentless; 06-17-2004 at 06:42 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:06 AM
GO 6SPEED!
For some reason, my friend bent his HRE in the first week he got it. His car is E55

I really like the HREs, my heart is with them, and price wise is not my problem. But HRE does not offer the size I want, I am still in a debate, should I get the HRE or the Iforged, can someone please help me out right here?

thanks, appreciate all your replies

Old 06-17-2004, 10:10 AM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
You should consider BBS wheels ... when only the best will do!

Old 06-17-2004, 10:13 AM
GO 6SPEED!
BBS does not make 22" for the Cayenne and I love the 5spoke on the HRE... that is the main reason I want it. Also the lip ^^

Old 06-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Andy@CDesign is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by DEETZ
BBS does not make 22" for the Cayenne and I love the 5spoke on the HRE... that is the main reason I want it. Also the lip ^^
HRE offers 22" with their 640R series. What sizing are you looking for? Have you tried emailing Peter at Wheelexperts for sizing?

Old 06-17-2004, 08:14 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by DEETZ
For some reason, my friend bent his HRE in the first week he got it. His car is E55

I really like the HREs, my heart is with them, and price wise is not my problem. But HRE does not offer the size I want, I am still in a debate, should I get the HRE or the Iforged, can someone please help me out right here?

thanks, appreciate all your replies

I would encourage you to do some research on iForged's reputation. Try searching here http://www.audiworld.com/ and here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeromain . They claim to have changed their ways, but there is no way they would ever get my business.

Old 06-17-2004, 09:32 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Deetz,
How about the AVUS AF-501s???
They come in the following sizes for the Cayenne!!!!:
22x9.5(2.5" Lip!!)
22x10.5(3" Lip!!)
Also they come with a chrome outter lip (No annoying polishing).

The best part is all the pieces are in stock!!! You tell me what color center you want them painted (or chromed) and they will ship to you in a week!!!
Here is a couple pictures of that wheel in 19":

Give me a call to discuss more...
Evan

Old 06-17-2004, 11:03 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Evan that wheel is sick!!!! I love it if I had a Pepper then I would buy those in a heart beat. I may just go buy one ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Iforged vs HRE