996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New rims and tires for my ride!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Addicted is infamous around these parts
New rims and tires for my ride!

Got my new rims off another 6speeder, and got them on today. Ride is great and the rims were as promised. Here's the pics:

I know... I know... I am gonna get it lowered!

Old 01-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Those look pretty nice. Congrats.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:40 PM
BOXER4 is infamous around these parts
great wheels, I have the same set on a black car.....I haven't seen too many on p-cars....congrats!!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Nice wheels, you are right that you do need to lower it, I dont think I have ever seen the back of a 996tt that high, was your car on jack stands before you put the new wheels on? Also get the smoked side markers !

Old 01-26-2008, 07:12 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
looks beautiful! congrats!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Congrats on the toys for the toy. Nice look.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:59 PM
jojomon11 is infamous around these parts
Nice

Nice rims! I'm Jealous!

Old 01-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Nice! 19"s?

Old 01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
Very nice! 'Leggeras definitely look the part.

It's going to look killer when it's sitting a little closer to the ground.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Addicted is infamous around these parts
Thanks all! Yea, they are 19's.

Two questions:
1. Where do I get the smoked side markers?
2. What do I have to do to lower the car? I'd like to get PS10s, but that will probably be a bit. Is there another, cheaper, way?

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is infamous around these parts
You can get the "Rest-of-the-world" indicators at the dealer.

Also, a set of H&R Sport springs might be all that's necessary on that girl.

Originally Posted by Addicted
Thanks all! Yea, they are 19's.

Two questions:
1. Where do I get the smoked side markers?
2. What do I have to do to lower the car? I'd like to get PS10s, but that will probably be a bit. Is there another, cheaper, way?

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Very Nice!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Nice wheels; although I dont think your new wheels were designed to go 4 wheeling ... jk... On a serious note, PSS10's should do the trick ...

Old 01-26-2008, 10:10 PM
996garage is infamous around these parts996garage is infamous around these parts
There are lots of threads on the subject of lowering. IMO PSS9's are nice, but you can't lower the car more than about an inch or so, otherwise you'll hit the bump stops. The other coilover sets will go lower like JIC, H&R, etc... After getting the coilovers with required corner balancing and alignment, plan on spending around $3K.

Or you can go the inexpensive route of just getting H&R springs only for $300 not including install and alignment. The right height will be great, but the car will tend to wallow on high speed corning. I definitely wouldn't recommend this if you're going to track the car. For regular street driving, it's fine.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:06 PM
3rd Street is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 996garage
There are lots of threads on the subject of lowering. IMO PSS9's are nice, but you can't lower the car more than about an inch or so, otherwise you'll hit the bump stops. The other coilover sets will go lower like JIC, H&R, etc... After getting the coilovers with required corner balancing and alignment, plan on spending around $3K.

Or you can go the inexpensive route of just getting H&R springs only for $300 not including install and alignment. The right height will be great, but the car will tend to wallow on high speed corning. I definitely wouldn't recommend this if you're going to track the car. For regular street driving, it's fine.
I have PSS9s on my car and I've lowered it 1.75" front and back...have yet to hit the bump stops..and it drives nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New rims and tires for my ride!