996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Clay bar'd the car for the first time - WOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:18 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice work!!!

@ post 5

Black... it's not a color, its a lifestyle

Old 01-27-2008, 05:23 PM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Nice work....looks great with the black wheels!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:08 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
1st pic is insane!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:57 PM
tjj7ff is infamous around these parts
Really nice job! It gives me the incentive to use the Griot's car care kit that my wife got me for Christmas. It came with the random orbital machine, clay bar, paint cleaners, wax, glass polish, and a bunch of other stuff for the wheels, tires, and interior. Heck there is enough stuff to keep me busy for at all day. Hmmmm...I wonder if she's just trying to keep me out of the house? My TT is Seal Gray and has some water spots and light scratches so I'm hoping it will turn out as nice as yours did.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Liquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really niceLiquidcooled is just really nice
Nice job! I need to run out and get me a clay bar.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:05 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
FYI- There is a pretty decent detailing forum here... pics, tips, good professional advice too.

A

Old 01-27-2008, 10:14 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Be careful not to drag the clay over a dry surface. Anytime it drags it may scratch your paint. Keep the liquid film on the surface.

Did you try the Polyethylene Glove test before and after the clay treatment? If you paint has a lot of metal, grit, whatever embeded in the paint, the glove will snag at every piece of material that in the paint. Does not work with rubber gloves. Try it, you will be suprised at the feel.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 AM
996TTSCAB is infamous around these parts
The color really came out great! I did it the same day I bought mine and it made a huge difference. Since I was not experienced with it in some areas I left light scratches and swirl marks when I was done, I was mad but my detail guy worked his magic and somehow removed pretty much everything I have done. Be carefull using it!

Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 AM
edl
edl is infamous around these parts
Great job! One thing I often do (if this isn't your daily driver) is to clay, glaze, and wax only one or two panels every night. That way it only takes up 30-45 minutes a night, but after a week it's all done. Beats killing an entire Sunday, and your back.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I used it initially to get paint over spray off. But it takes everything off down to the initial paint. Things like tree sap, bugs, anything and makes it silky smooth without hurting the paint. Even the old wax comes off so the polish can do it''s thing. Nice job by the way, it looks fantastic.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:37 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Windshield Wiper For Sale...

Jimmer,

looks great but what the hell is that thing on your back window?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Lol Marty! Some of us do enjoy getting the car a little twisted in the rain ya know. And here it rains ALL THE FRIKIN' TIME. Try it sometime man, or are you buried in snow right about now?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:28 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Clay bar rules! It gets your paint the slickest because all of the surface contaminants are remove. If you have somesmall swirls of fine scratches now would be the time polish then wax to protect. It does make adifference. Once paint is clean, polishing is not required if waxed regularly. Guys try it if you have not you will be amazed at how well it works. stuff comes off you never knew was on there.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:39 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
How does using a clay bar compare to using a machine polish like Griot's #1,2 & 3?

Old 01-29-2008, 06:22 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Ahhh you would be comparing engine oil to brake fluid. The clay does not polish the surface; it removes the chards of matter that are embedded in the surface. The polish is smoothing the surface and taking scratches out by removing paint to a common level. The clay can make the surface feel smooth because you are removing the stalagmites from the surface.

Cheers,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clay bar'd the car for the first time - WOW