996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Crazy Omen and Modaholic Lunacy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 08:35 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Crazy Omen and Modaholic Lunacy

As most of you know, the New Jersey crew is planning a trip the Tail of the Dragon on July 9-11. Pay close attention to that date.
Here is the link for the whole plan:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=10127

Well, the South Florida Crew is trying to pull together to join us and I have to commend their efforts. Through all of the busting, we are really looking forward to meeting them. It was very funny today when I was speaking with Orli and Xico. We were reviewing time of arrivals and mileages and we found that it is EXACTLY 911 miles from Miami to Knoxville!!! Talk about an omen!!

There is more.....

In speaking with those guys, as well as the Fab 5. It is apparent the mods are progressing in full force!! This is really getting out of hand!! You would think we were all going to LeMans or something!!

I mean, TonNJ is modding like a madman, Ron (Vipertestarossa) is in the midst of major changes, I have completed a recent major mod, Xico is out of control and now I hear Orli and Duane are making major changes as well.

This is pure lunacy!!!

When will it all end?

When is enough...enough?

When will the money run out?

When?????

I think the only one who has not done a single thing is Sean. So you hear that buddy?

Last edited by KPV; 06-17-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:42 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Hey Ken and Tony:

Can you say MMooddaahhoolliicc?

The first step to recovery is admitting it

Its like Gumball to TOD!!

Old 06-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
Modaholic is an understatement. Listen...... I am in therapy, and I have admitted on coutless times that I am a Modaholic and I still can't stop. "Everytime I try to get out it sucks me back in" (Godfather III quote).

At this point I don't car any longer, so I ordered the MOTON suspension as well.

Old 06-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
I'm no where near as much of a modaholic as some of you nuts, but I do hope to have my transmission mod done by then (I can't wait to have a tranny that will compliment my IA stage IV).
I would love to have Ken's electronic gadget setup (AWESOME!!).

Last edited by Rave TT; 06-17-2004 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:37 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
.....done by then.

Done by when?

Old 06-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by KPV
.....done by then.

Done by when?
Never mind, I was trying to make the meet, I just realized, I will in Mexico city for the automechanika show (I hate Mexico city ), have fun guys.
Ken,
Did you mod your trans?

Old 06-17-2004, 10:48 AM
KPV
Are you talking about gearing? In that case, no. What are you having done and where?
I realize it will make the car accelerate harder and faster but you lose top end. One of my desires is to break 200mph and that would kill that possibility.

I am still interested in hearing about what you are doing in case I decide to change my mind.

Old 06-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Happy Now?
Originally posted by KPV
Are you talking about gearing? In that case, no. What are you having done and where?
I realize it will make the car accelerate harder and faster but you lose top end. One of my desires is to break 200mph and that would kill that possibility.

I am still interested in hearing about what you are doing in case I decide to change my mind.
Yes gearing, in all honesty, who cares about top end when you live in NY, great accelaration is much more important to me, I'm still working out the details, I would love to break 200mph one day, but it sure won't be in the NY area and probably not in my current Turbo, maybe in a Enzo (still working out the details on that too, that is going to take a few years).

Old 06-17-2004, 11:01 AM
RON,

Don't forget you are moving to FLORIDA!!!!! Remeber as Ken (KPV) says Straight and Flat. Consider the TOP END!!!!
You may want to think about moving to the STAGE 4 GT

Last edited by Orli930; 06-17-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
It will end when we realize that we are riced out

Old 06-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Exotic Performance
xico is infamous around these parts
Ron,
before i regeared my car i got it up to 202MPH one time . that was kool , now my top speed is only 180MPH but i find it a lot more enjoyable because you can get there in a blink of an eye. i maintained the same ratios in first and second gear but made 3,4,5 and 6 shorter and changed all the syncros to steel. (i recomend this setup ) it is a must. if you have not done it, upgrade your clutch an fly wheel while the transmision is out , that way you kill three birds with one stone.

Old 06-17-2004, 01:32 PM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
where can I see pics of Xico's car???

Old 06-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Can I have your discards Orlando and Xico... ?

Old 06-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
You all are crazy... glad I can only mod so much here. My big decision is more CF trim or paint the seats. Hmmmm, cup car gearing with RS flywheel and clutch...

Old 06-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Britt, what do you need? I ordered the MOTONS for my car. That means my PSS9 were on my car for 1 month which is about 100 miles.

This modding has to stop!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crazy Omen and Modaholic Lunacy