996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What ever happened to DMK's car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I just made an offer on it, I have a spare TT motor I was going to do a 3.8 kit on so it may work out , Ill let you guys Know...it was more then fair I think..The offer I mean. I still want to know why DMK just let it go.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:02 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by kilrgt
I just made an offer on it, I have a spare TT motor I was going to do a 3.8 kit on so it may work out , Ill let you guys Know...it was more then fair I think..The offer I mean. I still want to know why DMK just let it go.
I really hope you get it, it was such a beautiful car, Techart everything, even the exhaust tips. I am also really wondering what happened, maybe somekind of repo thing. BTW the interior in person is stunning.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:13 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I would like to know the same thing, to sell it that cheap WTF, why not just rebuild the motor I don't understand!

Btw Lu, what trap did Joe attain with his gt2? What I still find fascinating is that Mario (9eleven) ran an 11.1 with just a tune and exhaust!
Martin,
Joe has trapped as high as 137 in his GT2, all in AZ altitude. His car is fast as **** for a bolt on kit on a stock motor with 15k+ miles (most of which were modded miles) If you remember, Bajo (BBGT2) used to own the car and it had Proto mods on it prior to Joe purchasing it and bumping it up to a GT700.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:25 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
The only thing that I know about the car for sure when I saw it in December 2006
at the Dragstrip that they always go to. (I have pictures, video and times for most
of the cars. Ex: as of that day Todd Z's 997TT shop car had not broken into the 10's
(but he was awfully close). DMK was spraying his IC's with Nitrous. The bottle had
been filled the day or so before. He had really nice high trap speeds and ran alot
of low 11's (like me). I believe he ran in the 10's later in the afternoon. He had begun
lightening the car (Luis, I will grab my notes if you like), and it certainly was not full
weight. JoeTT's car that also ran that day was full weight.
DMK's cars was very beautiful.

GT2's with similar mod's dont really count, they are a COMPLETELY different animal.
Maybe we can agree to disagree on some of this. Todd Z. did tell me it was his fastest GT700
that he had done?

Lius, I beleive this was the day you ran such a great time in your GT3!

MK

Marty,
Donald ran that 10.82 prior to the event you attended. When he ran it, he ran it full weight with the NOS bottles in the back but not connected to anything. When you were there, Mike West (Chinito) was able to run some very fast times and Donald was shedding weight (I do remember that) in order to beat Mike's faster trap. That day, he WAS running NOS to the IC's (I still don't know if that does anything to improve quarter mile times, but I guess it sounds cool the the 14 year olds that are sitting there while you press the button to release air from the lines) and was trying to get rid of weight in order to beat his previous time and Mikes trap.
A GT2 GT700 and a TT GT700 are definately a different animal. TT's seem to run better in the 1/4 (Joe G's car when it was a GT700) and the GT2's seem to have longer legs after the 1/4.
Joe Curry's (RenntechV12) car is definatley one of the fastest GT700's I have had the opportunity to drive. I would not doubt what Todd Z says about it being the fastest he has built.
That day I ran a measly 12.4 @ 114 in my stock 05 GT3. I was later able to improve both my ET and my trap after EVOMS did some work (Headers, exhaust & ECU tuning)to the car.
My all time best with that car was a 12.3 @ 116. Again, small numbers compared to most Turbo's but there are not may 996 GT3's out there that ran faster times than that, especially in conditions similar to AZ's.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by kilrgt
I hope you get it. The Techart kit alone was a fortune. The PCCB's and Motons are worth a pretty penny and the overall condition of the car is great. I cannot speak of the condition of the car today, but I saw it the day it was flatbedded out of Evoms and it was in excellent shape as they had keep the car under a cover for the 8 or 9 months it sat there.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:04 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
so LuisGT3, it seems you have the inside scoop, do you know what happened with the car, and why it wasn't refinished? I am really curious.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:29 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
What I still find fascinating is that Mario (9eleven) ran an 11.1 with just a tune and exhaust!
Hey, hey, give a guy a break, it was an 11.06. I think a great track (MIR) and perfect conditions (48 degrees and 20 percent humidty) that day didn't hurt. I also think I could have gotten into the 10's with a better clutch, it was slipping slightly that day.

I am going to try it again now that I've installed the new clutch and LWFW, she pulls much stronger now, I can definitely feel a difference. Now I just have to fix the power steering leak, (Power steering fluid is green, isn't it?) I think they may have missed somtehing when they put the motor back in.

I know this is OT, but sometimes I feel like just buying one of these and with slight modifications, she is putting out 600 rwhp, turbo it and forget about it.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Last edited by 9Eleven; 04-12-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Martin,
Joe has trapped as high as 137 in his GT2, all in AZ altitude. His car is fast as **** for a bolt on kit on a stock motor with 15k+ miles (most of which were modded miles) If you remember, Bajo (BBGT2) used to own the car and it had Proto mods on it prior to Joe purchasing it and bumping it up to a GT700.
Ahhh yea that's right, 137 is a strong trap indeed. Mario was running a 127-128 despite his low ET, I guess it's all relative and traction is the only limiting factor of a GT700 GT2!!!!

Mario buddy can't wait to see what you will do with it. My car is setup strictly for track, but I will take it to the strip once, I have RUF's upgrade LWFW and clutch that is fantastic, bites so damn hard. And now with my 335 rear R888's, no traction issues really

BTW I feel you on the Viper, but minus the turbo's.. My M3 doesn't compare to my GT2, or the Viper, but it's all relative of having TOO MUCH POWER and now being able to utilize it within any car or level, Viper with TT's is like that. That 08 is sick though, and comes with Navi now? Awesome. 98k is high though, i'll get an ACR for that!

Last edited by iLLM3; 04-12-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:50 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thanks for clarifying Luis, I do know that you are/were definitely the insider.
I was just an observer and it was a very fun day to observe. JoeTT and Todd Z
(and yourself) are VERY GOOD drag racers!

MK

Old 04-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Thanks for clarifying Luis, I do know that you are/were definitely the insider.
I was just an observer and it was a very fun day to observe. JoeTT and Todd Z
(and yourself) are VERY GOOD drag racers!

MK
Yeah, that was definately a fun day. Those guys (AZ guys) are going out for a run today with 3 Superleggeras, a couple of SLR's a Gallardo TT and some other fast cars. I wish I was there instead of here today.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:22 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
That would be fun Luis, but thanks to you (MPLS Cars and Coffee),
some of the fun cars here have already been out with much more to come!

MK

Old 04-14-2008, 04:58 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
I am interedt to buy this car as well..wrote an e-mail ..no reply yet... but curious where is the engine and trans and why they are taken off the car...and do you guys really think it would be possible to re-build the engine or I have to get totally new one...cause then I would have probs Docs caause diff engines and VINs etc...

If anyone know anything or somehow can help ME to buy this car...please PM ME...

Old 04-14-2008, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by GT RUS
I am interedt to buy this car as well..wrote an e-mail ..no reply yet... but curious where is the engine and trans and why they are taken off the car...and do you guys really think it would be possible to re-build the engine or I have to get totally new one...cause then I would have probs Docs caause diff engines and VINs etc...

If anyone know anything or somehow can help ME to buy this car...please PM ME...
The engine and tranny are shot, you would need new ones. (The engine is not worth rebuilding for what it would cost to do). I don't see you having any problems with you buying a new crate motor from Porsche for $15-18k and used trans for $5-$7k.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:18 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Right.... sources I spoke with @ EVOMS actually had the car @ 18,000rpm's at the time of the "error" since the EVOMS program witnessed 18,000rpm's @ around 180mph. The "ol" 5th to 2nd kind of error when you're sort of excited and trying to hit 6th. Owner of the car had his GT700 kit for sale and I believe EVOMS had actually already pulled it off of the car in order to compensate (them) for some bills that weren't being paid. Believe the previous owner of this car is now sporting a high-hp Supra.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
So this car is for sale without a motor and trans...that mean...it will have probs with docs if I would need to put new motor with news motors numbers and etc...anyone knows anythi9ng about this legal staff I would have to go through ???

No sure if I need to buy it or not...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What ever happened to DMK's car?