996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

X-50 Exhaust Tip "Mod" and Z8 impression

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 05:24 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
X-50 Exhaust Tip "Mod" and Z8 impression

I've got black anodized X-50 tips courtesy of Shank b/c my oem D tips busted a weld on one side, not to mention, they were discoloring anyways. And while I actually prefer the oem D tips, the black X-50 was more aggresive looking.

Right from the get-go, I noticed that the black anodized surface of the center "blade" that lies in the direct path of the exhaust flow had melted off. In fact, I never understood why they put it there in the first place... they'd been better off completing the other circle.

Since my car was already at Perfect Power for an alignment, Sol was kind enough to cut out the center for me. Most Porsche exhausts have been too raspy for my taste, but cutting out the center section actually took some of that hisssssssing away... what a nice side effect!

Also got to drive Lou's (LSM) new Z8... what a fun car. Definitely gets the looks. Nice V8 soundtrack, torque on demand, and puts down rubber with the best of them. Power delivery similar to a Z06. Very impressive.

Old 06-18-2004, 05:31 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Re: X-50 Exhaust Tip "Mod" and Z8 impression

Originally posted by StephenTi
I've got black anodized X-50 tips courtesy of Shank b/c my oem D tips busted a weld on one side, not to mention, they were discoloring anyways. And while I actually prefer the oem D tips, the black X-50 was more aggresive looking.

Right from the get-go, I noticed that the black anodized surface of the center "blade" that lies in the direct path of the exhaust flow had melted off. In fact, I never understood why they put it there in the first place... they'd been better off completing the other circle.

Since my car was already at Perfect Power for an alignment, Sol was kind enough to cut out the center for me. Most Porsche exhausts have been too raspy for my taste, but cutting out the center section actually took some of that hisssssssing away... what a nice side effect!

Also got to drive Lou's (LSM) new Z8... what a fun car. Definitely gets the looks. Nice V8 soundtrack, torque on demand, and puts down rubber with the best of them. Power delivery similar to a Z06. Very impressive.
Thanks buddy. BTW, that little stoplight race probably not the best idea in Downtown Chicago. Shank said the bluesuits were en route.

Lou

Old 06-18-2004, 05:41 AM
Banned
Sorry I didn't get a chance to say "bye", I was a lil busy hightailing it out of there!

Z8 is sweet as hell... just drop it, and slap some rims on, and you'll be set.

Anybody got pix of modded Z8s?

Old 06-18-2004, 05:55 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry I didn't get a chance to say "bye", I was a lil busy hightailing it out of there!Z8 is sweet as hell... just drop it, and slap some rims on, and you'll be set.

No problem, I didn't even see them, my launch was so pitiful, my back end swang out so bad, I was trying to straighten the car out and didn't see until everybody took off. I was like ****, better get outta here!!

Lou

Old 06-18-2004, 06:07 AM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Sorry I didn't get a chance to say "bye", I was a lil busy hightailing it out of there!

Z8 is sweet as hell... just drop it, and slap some rims on, and you'll be set.

Old 06-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Banned
That's pretty hot, though for a pimp'n car like a Z8, I'd go with a Satin or Gloss finish on the rim center as opposed to the matte.

Old 06-18-2004, 09:30 AM
LSM
That's pretty hot, though for a pimp'n car like a Z8, I'd go with a Satin or Gloss finish on the rim center as opposed to the matte.
I prefer brushed or silver centers as well, car looks hot though