996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tried my new Moton Suspension at Pocono Long Course (Corner Photo Sequences too!!!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 06:38 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Tony - PES
Ken,
Car looked great out there! I think I need more power.
Tony,

Get that motor in my car brother! I am having Porsche withdrawals!

Old 05-25-2005, 06:41 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by TonyNJ
It was my first time on the track and man do I need to learn. Street racing and being on the track are two different animals. I thought I knew how to drive until one of the instructors took me for a ride in my own car and pushed it to the limits I didn't know it had. I am hooked and all I can think about is the next track day and how much more I can learn. The Drivers Ed class was very educational and you learn and confirm alot of the things you thought you knew. I went in thinking I was the man and that the instructors were going to learn a thing or two from me lol, and it was the complete opposite. It takes swallowing your pride first and then wanting to learn the basics alot of us think we know.
I want to thank Ken (KPV) for helping me out at the track and S. Fla. crew beware, Ken is unbelievable at the track. I have done alot of meets with Ken and the street does not show your real skill. Ken can put alot of us to shame on the track including me, he even passed my instructor who was laying down some serious lap times in my car. I think giving credit where credit is due is very important and Ken deserves it.
Tony (PES) is also unbelievable in his Scirroco, if that car had a TT motor he would of blown me and my instructor off the track LOL!!!
Tony,

That is so funny because that was totally me when I did my first track event in my 1997 993 turbo. I thought I knew how to drive and would show these guys what it was all about. Well I was being eaten alive by low powered 944's in the corners and after spinning my car 3 times the guy in charge had a little talk with me. I had to realize that I had no clue what I was doing.

Now after many DE's, Skip Barber training and racing and some stock car racing I feel a little better on the track!