996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Need Powder coating - So Cal area!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:52 PM
jojomon11 is infamous around these parts
Need Powder coating - So Cal area!

I want to powder coat my stock turbo wheels in So cal area. Does anybody know of high quality powder shop where I can just drop off my ride and pick it up a few days later? I don't have time to take to shop to get tires removed, then remounted. I would rather just deal with one shop that does it all. Thanks! Im in Riverside area

Also what's diff between flat and gloss powder coating? Is it just preference? durability?

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
I don't think you want your wheels powercoated, you probably want them refinished. I have two options for you. Check with Wheel Enhancement (board sponsor), they can take your wheels on an exchange basis. Or Eli at Fastforward wheels.com took mine in exchange also. I live in Rancho Cucamonga if you want to check mine out.

Old 02-03-2008, 01:12 AM
ronny ghazal is infamous around these parts
Call Chris Tapia at 951 737 4400. Tata's 12203 Magnolia, Riverside. He can do what you are asking for and is right next door.

RG

Old 02-03-2008, 07:44 AM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Eddi Marine in Rancho Cucamonga does all my stuff, for my boats, cars, bikes. They call if FusionCoat.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:39 AM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Question

Originally Posted by Onetime
I don't think you want your wheels powercoated, you probably want them refinished. I have two options for you. Check with Wheel Enhancement (board sponsor), they can take your wheels on an exchange basis. Or Eli at Fastforward wheels.com took mine in exchange also. I live in Rancho Cucamonga if you want to check mine out.
Hi Onetime, why don't you like Powder Coating? I had my 964 Cup wheels done a few years ago in a two step silver / clear and they came out great. I was planning to do my hollow spokes in the next year.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
blacknight is infamous around these parts
Eli at Fastforwardwheels.com in Alhambra. He painted mine.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
I use Paul at Anacapa Powder Coating in Oxnard. Exellent quailty and very resonable. 805.988.4506.

If you want black chrome or and exotic, call Highland Plating in LA, Wheel Enchancement uses them too.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
edl
edl is infamous around these parts
Olympic Powdercoating in Santa Ana does a good job. You'd have to get your wheels removed + tires unmounted somewhere else though.

http://www.olympicpowdercoating.com/...g/contact.html

Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Turn key deal

http://www.shorelinemotoring.com/

Shoreline is a great shop. It is well equipped & properly staffed. I have had them "recolor" several sets of wheels. They will remove & replace tires, out source refinish and/or "recolor" as you wish. Shoreline installed a Brembo brake set on two of my cars and have done several alignments as well.Call,make an appointment to drop off your car,set back & relax. They will get it done.Truly a first class shop,friendly & no hassles.

Cheers

R

Old 02-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info guys and quick responses!

definitely call a few of these guys up!

Will post pics once it's done

Old 02-03-2008, 05:16 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
wheel performance in walnut is THE best place to go from my experience...

heres a few examples of work hes done for me:
1.brushed aluminum finish on my hre 545's = $500

2.powdercoat the centers of my kinesis k58 wheels flat black = $400

3.complete high polish re-finish on my turbo twist wheels = $600

4.powdercoated my turbo twist wheels flat black = $400

5.completely got rid of multiple bends on 2 wheels = less than $200

...AND BTW...everytime i have brought my car in for work there he gets it down the SAME DAY..i just set up an appointment, drop the car off and pick it up when its ready his work is FLAWLESS and i highly recommend him to anyone! his name is marco and you can reach him at 909.534.8672

Old 02-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Thanks!

Originally Posted by HIGHcard

...AND BTW...everytime i have brought my car in for work there he gets it down the SAME DAY..i just set up an appointment, drop the car off and pick it up when its ready his work is FLAWLESS and i highly recommend him to anyone! his name is marco and you can reach him at 909.534.8672
Thanks! HIGHcard for the samples!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:13 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Yea jojomon hit Marco up, my brother (highcard) never has time to dismount the tires etc, so he just drops his car off there in the morning and its usually done by 5pm, wheels refinished and tires mounted and balanced. Longest turnaround would be an overnight wait.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks

Originally Posted by v35
Yea jojomon hit Marco up, my brother (highcard) never has time to dismount the tires etc, so he just drops his car off there in the morning and its usually done by 5pm, wheels refinished and tires mounted and balanced. Longest turnaround would be an overnight wait.
Thanks I will give him a call, sounds cool to me!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:54 AM
ixlr82 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HIGHcard

heres a few examples of work hes done for me:
1.brushed aluminum finish on my hre 545's = $500

2.powdercoat the centers of my kinesis k58 wheels flat black = $400

3.complete high polish re-finish on my turbo twist wheels = $600

4.powdercoated my turbo twist wheels flat black = $400

5.completely got rid of multiple bends on 2 wheels = less than $200

Excuse me if I am a bit ignorant but I just moved to the So Cal area, where is Wheel Performance exactly located and do they have a website? They sound like a great outfit!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Powder coating - So Cal area!