996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Mr. Clean Drip Dry wash system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
It is really cool to use the ionized water...why can't we use our regular stuff and then rinse with the Mr. Clean?

Old 06-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
I have used it but I still dried the car. I figured it would take care of whatever I missed and came out of the seams.

What I did not like was how weak the water spray becomes when you run it through the filter. It is like a mist and the unit is big and bulky. I do not use it anymore.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I don't disagree..I figure if I use it a few times it is worth it.

wonder if I can use my regular P21 shampoo with it

Old 06-21-2004, 10:45 AM
nice and low
KC996TT is infamous around these parts
You guys, I've never used the soap to really wash the car. It won't clean the car by itself, the only real use of it for me is the filtered water part. Just do the actual washing by hand with whatever soap you'd normally use, then rinse with the thing.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:37 AM
996TTlover is infamous around these parts
Mr. Clean Drip Dry wash system???

isnt it called mr clean auto dry??

Old 06-21-2004, 02:13 PM
nman413 is infamous around these parts
I'm going to put a similar system together tomorrow using parts from Home Depot. Get a GE Smartwater home filter system and use a .5 micron filter or lowest equivalent (good enough for drinking water). I'm going to add a two way tap and some quick connects. Probably cost $40 and last for many many car washes

Old 06-21-2004, 03:05 PM
ypshan is infamous around these parts
If filtered water is the trick, can I just fit a filtering kit before connecting the hose to my power washer and get the same effect?

Old 06-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Administrator
POWER WASHER??

you are kidding, right?

Old 06-22-2004, 12:09 AM
NJPete996TT is infamous around these parts
I am not sure that the GE smartwater systems will work the same at getting rid of the minerals in the water. Theres more then one thread on this over at autopia.org but if i am not mistaken the filters by themselves will not take out the "hardness". You either have to do it chemically or electrostatically (think thats the process). I have been meaning to call my water filtration rep to ask him how i could do it at home, but i havent gotten the chance as of yet.

Old 06-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Power washer absolutely! Mine has adjustable everything. No problem with the paint if the pressure is gentle and the pattern is a fan-out. Very handy in the cold when you want to get rid of the road salt and dirt but don't want to touch the cold water.

Now if I can just spread and let it dry without the towels, it'd be really "hands free" from a water stand point.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:07 AM
nman413 is infamous around these parts
The auto dry system has no electrical cords per se

So I suspect it's merely a filter as the sytem isnt all that big. Hence the limited life (3-10 washs) of the system too...

Old 06-22-2004, 05:12 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
I've used it, and didn't like it that much. But i'm a perfectionist. I'd rather hook up one of those portable soft water units to the hose.

Even when my car was black, it only took me 20 minutes or so to wash it to perfection. What are you doing that it takes you an hour?
I can't even touch up the car right before a concorse event in twenty minutes. If you take the wheels off at home to clean inside the wheels, that alone takes twenty minutes with an impact wrench and I haven't even touched the car at that point yet.

Old 06-22-2004, 05:36 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KC996TT
You guys, I've never used the soap to really wash the car. It won't clean the car by itself, the only real use of it for me is the filtered water part. Just do the actual washing by hand with whatever soap you'd normally use, then rinse with the thing.
I thought there was something special about the soap and how the residue helped the deionized water rinse the car. I thought the directions said something to the effect be sure not to use other soaps? I really like the system and I have a black car.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:33 PM
californian is infamous around these parts
Hey guys, look whst I found...

http://www.spotfreewash.com/

Old 06-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Richard, Looks perfect. Are you going to try it and let us know? thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Drip Dry wash system